It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ak vs. m16/m4

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
D

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
No in Iraq the modern M-16 wont jam as much as it used to in 91. One low-tech way to prevent your M-16 from jamming is to place a condom to cover the barrel tied with a rubber band. It may sound stupid but it works

It isn't that stupid really. Even the Australian SASR do that with their rifles. Many of them actually carry condoms specifically for that matter.

(No Stupid Comments about this please)

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

He ran out of ammo, went to his pistol and then killed himself.

Nope you got your facts mixed up. His AK jammed and he was trying to fix it but he couldn't and so he dropped the AK and went to his pistol. When he saw that he was outgunned with just a pistol he shot himself under chin.

As I've said before and you seem to have ignored it, I belive his AK-47 jammed because he taped to magazines together, this wreaks the port of the magazine and causes it to jam lots.

Also as I said, most jams are easily solved by a simple re-racking with the AK-47, but if you tape the magazines together like that then the ports are wreaked and it doesnt feed properly.

THAT would be why his AK-47 failed.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
His AK could have also been a #ty chinese copy, or maybe one in just bad condition.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Anybody care to comment why taping two mags together
wreaks the port? I used this weapon a few times and
I don't see how taping does that.

thanks!

Originally posted by The_Squid

He ran out of ammo, went to his pistol and then killed himself.

Nope you got your facts mixed up. His AK jammed and he was trying to fix it but he couldn't and so he dropped the AK and went to his pistol. When he saw that he was outgunned with just a pistol he shot himself under chin.

As I've said before and you seem to have ignored it, I belive his AK-47 jammed because he taped to magazines together, this wreaks the port of the magazine and causes it to jam lots.

Also as I said, most jams are easily solved by a simple re-racking with the AK-47, but if you tape the magazines together like that then the ports are wreaked and it doesnt feed properly.

THAT would be why his AK-47 failed.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Oh I know I was just responding to stgeorge I think because he said �he ran out of ammo� and I was telling him that he had is facts mixed up

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Not a bad idea,but uneccessary in a modern rifle. Our FN's had this neat neoprene "boot" that fitted over the muzzle and flash hider together,a piece securing it to the bayonet lug.
But as you are supposed to clean your rifle very frequently,this is not needed,and is one more thing you have to carry. If dirt gets into the bore,it will get into the ejection port,the mechanism,and the trigger.All have to be cleaned out. Besides,what did you do? Lay it in the sand??
With the old muskets,in Europe at least ,you simply put a piece of real cork into the muzzle.But then you did not want to get your powder wet.
No condoms sorry. In a combat zone there is no time for fornicating,in fact,it is against the law.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Which Law? If you mean normal law the millitary break those rules all the time, so that wouldnt matter... However if you meant the Millitary Law, there isnt any use for condoms other than using them to put over the barrel to keep your gun clean as gays arnt allowed in the ARMY, and women dont fight at the front. Sometimes condoms are specifically given out for this purpose, as the army know they are good for keeping the gun clean.

[edit on 20-8-2004 by The_Squid]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Against the law? This has been going on since Vietnam I have yet to heard of anyone breaking this "law". Condoms have a long history in the military in WWII sailors used to put their small valuable item's into condoms and tie them up so they wouldn't get wet, back then they were called rubbers. Now days they are used to keep the M-16 barrel clean.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
very well.Tell me...are Americans making out in Iraq? If it is so common?

You see,if you come down with the clap,you need medical treatment.There is also colaberation with the enemy rules.
But true.After years of service,many men break.As the British found,it encourages homosexuality.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
How about Ak-101 types?
And might as well compare the FN FNC, Steyr AUG and SIG 552/553..
There are complications relying on certain issues..
so we are gradually scaling down on certain equipment and increasing other brands
Basically a field carbine that can also close quarters combat

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Ive got a cheap Romanian AK clone. Shot and endless line if AR/AK clones...
So which one is better? Neither.

Comparing these is equivalent to comparing a scalpel(M16)to a sldgehammer(AK47).

Save your money for the new super modular stuff that you can switch calibers with like the Masada or the XM8 if HK can ever get it to stop melting under sustained fire. Granted this can be done with the Stoner gun but not nearly as fast and well and thats before you consider the rest...

Counting the days until I get my new Bushmaster ACR....

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
A lot of old info on this topic. The M4 is a descent rifle. If you baby it it fires fine. Accuracy is great especially with the holo sights. AK makes a lot of noise and will get someones attention, good luck hitting them though. I used to carry 12 to 14 mags for my M4 on missions, try even half that for the AK.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join