It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Disappear in America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Obviously, hiding is easier when it's only one person hiding. But when it's, say, six people, I'd think it would get more complicated. Anyone have any tips on hiding larger groups of people?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by peterpansgirl

It depends on who you want to elude. If it's the authorities, I am not optimistic of the odds.

However, many people could caravan together using my methods, and stay under the radar. I've just finished a harvest at a nearby farm, and have enough cash in hand to live comfortably through the winter. I am also mechanically inclined, so there was always farm equipment to repair. My wife worked at the rv park store, and my stay there was free because of it. Several people would serve to increase the cash on hand, and if pooled together it would mean a better standard of living for all. Several people would also up the chances of being found, but only because it increases the chances of a slip up. I have not used my debit card the entire time, and have suffered when I did not have cash. How many people can do this?

At this point, it is just a game for me, as I feel my point has already been made to those involved.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I can now state publicly and confirm that Frank Ahearn is the real deal.

He has helped someone I know, (or should I say knew?) disappear.

Won't work for me, but if you really need to get off of the radar this guy can make it happen.

They'll never find him now!

edit on 1-11-2010 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

I was once arrested when i was 21 in Las Cruses NM for dumb stuff i did under the influence.A friend and myself ran to Las Cruses when we found out the cops were looking for us. When they arrested us and we were booked we were finger printed of course and then to my surprise we had to look into a video camera and say our full names and then do it sideways also. That was 22 years ago, I assume that was a digital mugshot with vocal recognition as well? I didnt think the jail there was very modern at all. I was arrested again a year later in Boulder Co. for more sillyness! and this was an extremely modern county jail just like a real prison,and i recieved the same type of digital ,vocal booking senario.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
cool thread, and info... Im still lost on the cutting UPC off food... can anyone fill me in? i realize they can possibly track that item to where you bought it... but what are you worried about from random food items, would you throw it away with sensitive info on your real identity or what? im just lost on it :/

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Im still lost on the cutting UPC off food

The universal product code is just that universal. Buy a can of kraut at your local Quicke mart and they will have the code linked in their system with the Quicke mart price and description, food stamp eligibility etc. Buy the exact same can at Walmart and it will be linked differently and possibly priced much more favorably.

Simply put the idea about removing UPS codes is to to talk about something in a manner that prevents the other party from scanning that subject to their own parochial data base.
edit on 11-11-2010 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well, if you have wilderness skills there are vast tracts of land that you can disappear into. The northern half of Maine is pretty much uninhabited. Walk into the woods there and you can go years w/o seeing anyone.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I agree with SevenBeans. The easiest way to disappear is to just drop out is society all together. Granted if you don't know how to survive without modern conveniences this is not the option for you.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think the very best way is to put yourself in the most crowded place you can find. Ive been in the canyons of Downtown New York City.. No place offers more anonymity than there.. No one cares who you are or what you do. If you hide in rural america.. and youre not from there.. the locals will know you and spot you in 10 seconds. Just my two cents.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The fastest way to disappear in the US is to stand up in an airport and yell I have a bomb!

secondarily
as Hannity ( I'm told) quoted some government official regarding the recent public trial of a Ahmed Ghailani
"Guilty or not he will be in jail for the rest of his life."

thirdly
Once you get biometricaly scanned and DNA printed I think they can prolly find you somehow if its worth it to them..

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Booz Allen is not a law firm. They are a consulting firm that specializes in addition to other things, serious technology and engineering work for the government. CIA, NSA, DOD and all branches of service. Think of Booz Allen as an oursourced form of the military industrial complex, including intelligence, particularily cryptography. You don't hear much about them, but they are an old and interesting firm. They are also about as connected into the upper levels of government as you can be.

www.boozallen.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Wow I am stunned by all of the responses on this thread! I haven't logged into ATS in quite some time and just stopped by to check on things and happened to notice the sheer amount of replies since my absence.

Amazing! Thank you all for the wonderful thoughts.

As for living in the woods, I'm not so sure that is a wise choice for disappearing in the long run.

I think its far wiser to take on a new appearance and identity all together. Which is more along the lines of what Frank A. Hearn in the link I supplied is suggesting I believe.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The effort needed to disappear is directly proportional to the effort being expended to find you.

A common-sense approach to this subject is simply to think about all of the ways that can be used to track your movements. This is not just where you use a credit-card, write a check, etc. This is where someone could predict you to be, based on known habits and profile.

I like to stop at gas stations backed by MFA, or at Quick-Trips to buy lethal amounts of soda for a trip I am taking. If one has a good idea of my likely destinations on a trip, and probable routes, they have an idea of where I am likely to turn up - even if I am not using an electronic funds transfer of some kind.

If someone wants to find you, they have to know where to look. Even with the idea of facial-recognition systems, none of them are -ever- going to be capable of dealing with scanning large crowds in real-time across very large networks. The amount of computing power is simply impractical, as is the cost of such a network for the very little gain it actually serves. So - they have to know where to direct those resources, what security tapes to review, etc.

This is, also, presuming they have access to this type of information. PIs and bounty-hunters have a variety of methods to find people that do not rely upon government and private security systems.

Presuming a -very- determined person(s), your home and computer can be searched to develop a profile of you. What habits do you have? What places are you likely to go? What types of women/men are you likely to be involved with? Who might know something about where you are going? To whom do you have strong ties and be likely to contact again? What are your hobbies, activities, and interests? What skills do you have - where would you be likely to seek employment for these skills?

The other key is patience. Following a person is not the same as chasing them. A person will flee so long as they feel they are pursued, and a person who is fleeing can be very difficult to catch. They will eventually grow tired of running and begin to settle down and follow a routine. False identities will begin to break down, and old habits will return. That is when terminal identification and location is made.

If someone is determined enough and has enough knowledge of you - the real answer is that it's almost impossible to completely disappear. You can disappear well enough to discourage most - but, for instance, if I wanted to find a friend of mine who suddenly up and disappeared, it would be pretty difficult for him/her to evade my knowledge combined with someone else's experience and skill in tracking people down. Particularly if I'm determined and have a lot of resources at my disposal.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
While the author may have some good information there are other parts which. frankly I think he just makes up. Here's an example from his NSA metadata chapter -

Text message records in PINWALE, a system developed by NSA contractor Booz Allen Hamilton, are contained in three major meta-databases code-named LION HEART, LION ROAR, and LION FUSION.

Booz Allen Hamilton is a law firm.

Not to say there isn't good info - just find other sources if possible to back it up.
Interesting nonetheless!

edit on 31-10-2010 by Asktheanimals because: improper formatting

Booz is NOT a law firm
We have several Booz contractors with the DOD out here.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

I used to work in Avco now GE finance collections department dissapearing up your own ass is harder than you think most PI's will work through your relatives,your employers,your friends until they jag something often they will enquire under false pretenses such as he left $1000.00 worth of tools at my place I just want to give them back,so you basically have to sever yourself from all your associates,often you will get an area to work then you contact pizza parlours,video libraries etc more often than not you'll get him,I tracked people down to Hong Kong and Northern Ireland,you have to be really good to elude someone trained to find you.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Booz Allen is not a law firm. They are a consulting firm that specializes in addition to other things, serious technology and engineering work for the government. CIA, NSA, DOD and all branches of service. Think of Booz Allen as an oursourced form of the military industrial complex, including intelligence, particularily cryptography. You don't hear much about them, but they are an old and interesting firm. They are also about as connected into the upper levels of government as you can be.

www.boozallen.com...

SOrry.. I must have skimmed and not seen this!
Too true what you have posted. My husband worked for Booz at one point. He works WITH booz contractors right now. I know they were at one point offering premium wages for their contractors to transfer to private sub-contracts in Iraq. Very very interesting indeed

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
#1.quit your job,quit filing taxes,sell your car,sell your house, throw away your drivers license and any information about yourself, move on the reservation, grow out your hair, live in a tee pee and learn to live off the land, and never return to society and stay out of view.
#2.slip into mexico, pay the local coroner and the police chief to fake your death from a shark attack and have an ad ran in the local news paper about your death. have them send a death certificate to the american embassy. then head south and never return and never contact anyone you ever knew EVER again

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
or you could siimply go into the bush for a very long camping trip

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join