It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Disappear in America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This thread will be pointing out a few techniques on how to vanish without a trace from the modern american world. This thread's information is all based off this site that I have recently discovered: www.frankahearn.com...

Before I begin, I will start by saying that I had just stumbled upon this site last nite. I have not had time to delve into the author's background or read through every line of text on his site. I have however glimpsed through a couple pages, and while it seems that Mr. AHearn is indeed selling books and the like, some of the information he lists publicly still seems to be knowledgeable to the average American; such as myself.

Shall we begin? The aforementioned site is broken into heading listed on the right margin. I will only be posting one or two of the heading contents here, so I largely urge those interested to read look at the site and read the ones they'd like too. Either way, hope you find this as interesting of a read as I did.

It begins like this:

Keys to DisappearingText

1. Misinformation

MISINFORMATION is the art of taking every piece of data that exist about you deviating it and destroying it beyond recognition. The purpose for that is when a PI starts searching for you they will have various types of information about you. Be it a credit report, an old address, bank records, etc. Your home phone number list every call you have ever made over a period of time, your cellular phone as well. Your frequent flyer with an airline lists every trip you logged. Car rental companies keep track of whom you are by your phone number, which leaves a record of every car you rented. Video stores keep your records by phone number, a good skip tracer can do a little social engineering and pretext the store and find various information about you. Your local internet provider lists every website you have surfed.

2. Disinformation

DISINFORMATION is making the PI’s file thicker disinformation has three parts, Hook - Line & Sinker. The hook is to bring a PI into an area of choosing and have them start searching for the subject. The line is having them find information about my subject. The sinker is having the PI believe they are on the trail of my subject and keep trying to reel them in.

Disinformation is my favorite part when it comes to teaching someone how to disappear. To me it is the sneaky aspect of leaving the breadcrumbs for the PI to find or who ever is looking for my subject. Disinformation makes the file thick and eventually cauSes mass confusion.

3. Reformation

REFORMATION is the action of taking my client from point A to point B. Our goal is to be confident that who ever is searching for my client does not find them. Before I work with a client a few things I need to know, one being are they staying in the country or not. If I am working with a client who is looking to go offshore, I need to know how THEY plan to expatriate their money. I am not an attorney nor an accountant so I do not give advice in those matters. I am very cautious in this area since there is a lot of legality and I do not want to aid anybody in money laundering.

So it appears that, the aforementioned gentleman utilizes these 3 main techniques if you will, when assisting in someone's disappearance. They all seem interesting and somewhat reasonable I suppose, but I was curious to delve deeper...

Which is when I read this:

Disappearing or Escaping?

Snip

He then goes on and states the following (which I thought were very knowledgeable tips to remember):

Snip

I thought that there were quite a few excellent tips he mentions here. The first being all mail going to a PO Box with incorrect contact information. The second, was the removal of all barcodes. I am confident many ATS'ers already do this exact thing. But I for one haven't....yet. After taking a quick look around my house, there are literely tens of barcodes here. Maybe even hundreds. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if this guy used a proxy for all his internet browsing as well.

After reading how "they" can trace you with barcodes, I felt it only fitting to read the section that deals with Facial Recognition technologies. There is also an area of the site that deals with whether or not you are reported missing and what not to do when you're preparing to disappear. He lists Offshore information, Offshore Banking, Tax Evading, how to successfully hide money, Information of various cities throughout the world, Underground Economies, Spuriuous Passports, Perpetually Traveling, Safe Connections, Places to disappear to, living off the grid, Avoiding online Tracking, and much much more.

Overall, I found this site interesting. Whether all of his strategies are effective or not I'm not sure but it does seem like a good read.

edit on 10/30/2010 by agent violet because: (no reason given)

[Mod Note: Please read the following]

Quoting External Sources - Please Review This Link

From the above link:

Originally posted by Springer

Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 15% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.

When in doubt... DO NOT QUOTE! Just post your description and a link.

edit on 2010/10/30 by GradyPhilpott because: added external source tags

edit on 2010/10/30 by GradyPhilpott because: Fixed link

edit on 2010/10/30 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

edit on 2010/10/31 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

edit on 2010/10/31 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
One of the headings is titled facial recognition and speaks about how to evade future security systems.

Facial Recognition

Snip

I am aware that this is a lot to take in, however I feel that with such security measures being used against the general populace, under the guise of it being used 'for the general populace', that our future does look mighty bleak indeed. The author goes on a bit more stating the following:

Snip

Here the author is stating about how the Facial Recognition programme will some day, be global. Which is a daunting realization for anyone hoping to disappear without a trace from America. Below is a scope of varying utilizations to make these Facial Recognition security measures common place:

Snip

I would not doubt if quite a few Facial Recognition systems are already in place, without our awareness. I imagine they are disguised as simply as the common security camera or television monitor. Perhaps even much much smaller.

So how do you hide from the Facial Recognition machines? Well this is how the author states:

Snip

The author goes on to state that without cosmetic surgery these systems will be nearly impossible to fool. And there are few cheap alternatives, aside from the following:

Snip

At this point it is a sad truth, that one who hopes to disappear and go off the grid will at some point in the travels have to face these security systems. It is inevitable that, they will become far advanced and will be monitoring our everyday movements. Aside from cosmetic surgery there does not seem to be a cheap alternative that has a lasting effect. The future looks bleak people. These systems will be put in place in the guise of being used to protect us (from terrorism more than likely), but I feel will really be used against us.

[Mod Edit: Please see the comments in the opening post.]

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Another section of the website is dedicated to him talking about how to drop off the map, using technology.

It goes as such:

How to Drop Off the Map

Snip

Besides, his boastful attitudes at times, I was curious to read on. Because after posting this thread I googled his name. Frank M Ahearn apparently. Google yielded very little, but a simple Zaba search yielded what I'm guessing is his address and date of birth (presuming that is even authentic, which I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't). Needless to say the passage goes on:

Snip

Most daily readers here on ATS are aware of ''spoofing'' and the like. However as stated in the next passage it becomes clear that once you go Off The Grid, you must in effect always, always, always Stay off the grid.

Snip

All of us viewing this site at the moment, be it this very thread or not, are in effect leaving these virtual footprints behind. Once you're off the grid, it is pertinent to stay off of it. All of this information, were you to make the transition or disappear out of America when (hopefully before) it hits the fan can and probably will be used in the search to find you. ...and me.

[Mod Edit: Please see comments in opening post]

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reserve

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
So that site helps criminals to evade capture?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

It doesn't I don't believe, because they list a heading titled:

Disappearing or Escaping? Which I quoted in my opening post. Apparently, the author of that site sees a difference in the two.

Perhaps they help people who are hoping to make the transition to living off-the-grid. But don't have the resources or where with all to do it themselves.

I don't believe they assist criminals. But I really do not know.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Getting rid of bar codes is all but impossible these days if you wish to live in the USA.

First off, there go all of your books. Then there goes all of your food... That's right, all of your boxed, packaged, jugged, and canned goods have the bar code on it. Just about everything modern must be pitched at that point.

The bar code is the infamous Mark of the Beast. I'm not a Christian but I am wise enough to know that those who put that mark on all purchase goods believe in it and as a indirect result, their actions will affect me.

The Mark of the Beast you say? Many members here already know what I'm about to say but I'll say it anyway.

The Mark of the Beast is written in the barcode like this: There is a stream of various lines with different lengths and widths. But there is a pattern to them however. The pattern is found by looking at the very first two lines which are always identical until you get to the middle two lines of the same exact width and height as of the first two. These middle lines are always longer than the lines to their immediate left or right thereby distinquishing them. Then you proceed onto the very last two lines that are identical to the first two sets. In binary code when you have those two lines together they equate to two 3s which amount to a 6. Those two identical lines make a 6 in binary code.

So, now we have a elongated 6 as compared to the lines that follow. Then a middle 6. And then a finale 6. Take them at face value and you have the number 666 highlighted on virtually all of your purchase goods that are lying around your house.

Don't believe me? Go look.. You'll see.

So, if your going to get everything with a bar code out of your house, you might want to rent a heavy hauler as your going to be making a hell of a lot of trips to the dump.

Good luck with your project.

edit on 30-10-2010 by warequalsmurder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

Hii. Yes I am well aware of that barcode/mark of the beast theory. As many of us ATS'ers are.

However, simply because barcodes are listed on food packaging does not limit them to being cut off or removed. The codes are not listed on the food itself (aside from certain and some fruits now and vegetables I have read), so it seems that it is quite doable. The food and items are still intact completely, it is merely the square barcode that is being removed. And surely, one would not need to rent a dump or anything as you stated for just those small bits of paper and cardboard bearing the code. One bonfire would be all that is needed.

Regarding books, it is sad however the corner bearing the code would need to be cut as well, were one to undertake the removal of all bar codes to great lengths.

edit on 10/30/2010 by agent violet because: Sentencing revisions

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

Yeah, all of that is possible. I was just using the premise that the products had all become tainted with the negativity of that number is all. Which might be carrying things too far and that was kind of my point.

But if you plan on keeping everything than I suppose you'll need to have a couple of sharp scissors handy. And it will be a weekly task as you resupply with food each week. But it can be done.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

Very true about the taintedness of everything, but unless you are living completely off the grid and are self sufficient in nearly all aspects, I fear that there is little chance to avoid that contact.

Then again, maybe it isn't even true.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Not to sound like an idiot, but what does price codes have to do with going off the grid? Is there some program that I never heard about that somehow ties the identity of people that buy things to their UPC? And what is wrong with a site that might help a "criminal" evade capture with all the ridiculous laws getting put on the books these days?
edit on 30-10-2010 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It is not really as difficult to disappear in America as you may think.

There are many places a person may go and live where people are not involved in others business.

You can even get paid in cash.

It is not that difficult actually.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I may be wrong but I think that the removal of barcodes is done so that the person's item can't be traced and tracked.

I think that is the only reason people remove them, other than that whole mark of the beast idea.

Could be wrong though....

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

According to the author of that website, he seems to think it is rather difficult to disappear without leaving a trail at least.

And it has to be at least somewhat difficult. Considering that one would need to furnish a new social security card possibly and driver's license as well I am guessing. Let alone passport if they ever plan on leaving this country.

Those items aside though, I still think it would be rather difficult to accomplish for long period of time.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Depending on who you are hiding from and why, disappearing can be relatively easy. For more than 2 years, no one has had any idea where my wife and I are. I am not wanted for any crimes, but I do have a few people who are trying to find me. One of them, my ex-wife, has nearly unlimited resources available.

I live in a travel trailer, and roll about the U.S. at my leisure. Work seems to always be available at many RV parks. I don't have to sign up for internet, water, or electric. They are always provided by the park. Get used to only having what you can buy with the cash in your hand. Credit will only get you found. Misinformation is the key, as has been said, and I also find it helps to have a foreign born spouse. I've weaved an extensive web of false locations. A USPS box will not help you. Get one of those independents who will forward your mail overnight to your current location when you call. And always have a back up plan. Mine is to return to the country that my wife is from.

Sorry, I am not going to get into too many more of my tricks. I do not want someone profiting from them.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Nicely done.

I personally, am not on the run or disappearing or anything. I am only in my early twenties so I have nothing really to run from or any real problems whatsoever actually. But I do find the subject fascinating and after traveling extensively in europe and canada, I always ponder what it would be like.

I wish you the utmost best in your future anonymity.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Your local internet provider lists every website you have surfed.

So... i shoulda been at the library before i went to this website =\

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Yep definitely. Then again so should have too when I registered back in 2007.

I'm surprised no one has responded rebuking this guys site yet.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
While the author may have some good information there are other parts which. frankly I think he just makes up. Here's an example from his NSA metadata chapter -

Text message records in PINWALE, a system developed by NSA contractor Booz Allen Hamilton, are contained in three major meta-databases code-named LION HEART, LION ROAR, and LION FUSION.

Booz Allen Hamilton is a law firm.

Not to say there isn't good info - just find other sources if possible to back it up.
Interesting nonetheless!

edit on 31-10-2010 by Asktheanimals because: improper formatting

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It isn't easy, but one can hide in plain sight and get away with incredible things.

You can make the feds believe you are doing something while actually doing something completely different.

They are easily distracted and amazingly easy to fool. (even when you are targeted for tracking and surveillance)

Hiding in plain sight is best.

I'd tell you exactly how to do this, but that kind of info can be deadly, and would come at a very high price!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join