It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is No Devil!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4aa87080354f.jpg[/atsimg]

The Pope's rep now logs onto ATS to observe the discussion at hand.. [note the server names..]

jk, but they've done this kind of thing before, as you can see from the IP capture.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I know this not to be true. I have met someone possessed by a demon. I was skeptical at first thinking it was just schizophrenia, but schizophrenia doesn't give one the power to change her voice, vocabulary, and shade of her eyes (the shade became darker, I'm not saying her eyes went red). Nor does it give a not very muscular girl the power to break a metal cross in half. This is my own personal proof, feel free to not believe it, but I do feel obligated to say that the greatest achievement of the devil was convincing humanity he does not exist.
edit on 2-11-2010 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kallisti36

I was just about to talk about "that girl" so to speak..

Edit: I hear what you're saying, but don't forget the context and framing (which creates reality) in terms of the power of "faith" as belief in, and the influence of religiosity, what it can do to people, yes, what spirit or power, it can even possess them of, but this in and of itself isn't proof of some sort of inconquorable devil.

P.S. Could you provide a little more background info on this event, the where, when, how and why of it, from your perspective? Sounds interesting and CRAZY, and so it would make a great addition to this thread and ATS. Thanks kallisti36.
edit on 2-11-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
I would say that all evil is relative, to the victim, and all goodness, truth, and justice, amid increasing spheres of rising conscious awareness, the only absolute.

I would call it (evil) a house divided, doomed to failure, in the final analyis, and it will put up a fight and a resistence certainly. All I"m saying is that the writing is on the wall so to speak.

I would also suggest that THE major source of all evil in our world, aside from greed and the lust for power, is a terrible and abject failure in love
edit on 30-10-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)
This is just a metaphysical understanding of the Devil. The Devil is not the anti-God as you say. Pretty much any religion that has a figure of evil also says that evil is not equal to good. If there were really were duality in the universe good and evil would be in an eternal stalemate, it would be like fighting with your reflection, neither side could gain an advantage, your fist would always meet the other fist. This is not the case. For now, Good and Evil wage war in hearts, minds, and sometimes literal battlefields. There are dark times in history where evil has gained the upper hand, but we may be comforted in knowing that because there is no duality and evil is the opposite but not equal of good, that good will triumph in the end. That being said, as I have already stated, I believe there is a very physical manifestation of the Dark Man and there is a hell. I still have a pretty limited perspective because I don't have all the answers. Maybe the damned will get lucky and the Apocalypse of Peter will be true and all will be released from Hell after Satan's defeat. Personally, I think that would be the ultimate triumph of good, but as I've stated, I don't know that much.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

This girl was a hardcore theistic satanist in the day. When I say hardcore, I mean they went all in, but in the end they were still dumb-ass kids. Ritual went awry, and this girl was possessed by a demon. I wasn't present for this event, but this is what happened according to her and some dead serious eye-witnesses: faint screams echoed on the air during the ritual and this girl passed out (this is where her account ends, because she doesn't remember), she began thrashing and screaming, the other "satanists" found they weren't so satanist anymore and ran for a Bible and pewter (I believe) cross and tried to perform an amatuer exorcism. This failed; she broke the cross in half (shown to me, but as I said before I did not witness this) and tossed the Bible aside that happened to open to some passage regarding Satan or Hell. After that the demon settled in and there was quite alot less of the thrashing and Linda Blair crap. This is when I enter the picture having just found this group of people; no longer satanists but the kindof broken people I tend to gravitate to. I caught hints of the "other" in conversations I heard between her and other friends and noticed them studying a sigil once. I asked her about it, but she absolutely refused to tell me. Still we became very close friends and then fell in love. This surprisingly, made getting the information even harder because she kept saying "If I tell you, you won't love me anymore" because she knew I was a Christian. Still, I wanted to know and was very fascinated by the occult at the time (never practiced it, mind you). Eventually I told her about the experiences I had with the Dark Man (not something I tell people about) which is an entity I believe other people on ATS have happened across, except they usually describe him as the "Hat Man". This is an entity that is seemingly composed of darkness and appears as a robed man with no face under the hood (just blackness). I digress though, so after confiding this to her she showed me Dakelle or Dakael, Da'akel, or what have you, I have no idea how to spell that and if anyone happens to know Hebrew and can tell me if that means anything, I would appreciate it. She relayed the story to me that I've detailed above and despite being a Christian who had also had experiences with horrifying unnatural entities, I thought she was schizo or full of crap. Dakael could talk through her though, and this was very very disturbing. As I said, her eye color would darken and her speech was much more eloquent and seemed to come from a person older than her. The demon however, certainly was no monument to evil, I would even go so far to say that he loved her. He could be downright scary when angry, but was pretty reasonable and he apparently liked me better than alot of her closest friends. This was not a mutually beneficial arrangement, though. He could cause her extreme pain if he wanted to (also very disturbing to watch). She was also under the impression that it was too late for an exorcism and that the pain of it would kill her. There was a time when an emotional trauma caused her consciousness to slip below the surface and Doc (as we called him) was left in control of things. This is the first time he and I spoke at length and also when I first saw how much he cared about her. We worked to "bring her back" and sort of gained respect for each other, though in retrospect, I really wish I had learned Hebrew and exorcised him for her sake. As far as hyper religiousity contributing to symptoms of possession, that's the weird thing, she wasn't religious in the slightest. I could not for the life of me understand how you could be possessed by a demon and not recognize that there would be a God to counter such a thing.

I'm glad I took the time to write this, she committed suicide a month and a half ago and sometimes you just have to talk about this stuff. As I said, this is my own personal proof and you may scoff if you like.

Also, if any of her friends happen upon this, I hope you don't see this as betraying her trust, I didn't name her and I only named him to see if someone could explain it.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I am terribly sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing.

That's a very strange and fascinating and SAD story.

God bless you and maybe she's at complete peace now, I believe that.

P.S. Could you please share with us more on your conversations with "Doc"? As you say you've not betrayed her nor violated any oath of secrecy or confidentiality.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Jumping back for a moment, to the larger framework of our existence as created beings, this post I made in another thread I think captures it in a nutshell, and points to the true nature of the human being in God's creation, as the "last who are first" since we are the most recent addition at the apex of evolution here on earth.

reply to post by lateralus11235

No no, you're not insane. If you went so far as to posit an evolving eternal recurrence with not only a classical dimension, but also a multidimensional quantum one, operating within a non-local holographic framework, and then went so far as to suggest that our own mind and body is nothing more, or less, than a type of chip off the old block so to speak, maybe even the crown of an eternal cosmic evolutionary process, at this very moment in time, THEN we might be forced to say that you are totally insane.

That is, if the cosmic evolutionary process does not occur in isolation, but, through a quantum holographic information exchange with the Akashic Field, is also a non-local holographic phenomenon..

Which COULD be why certain "powers and principalties" may be at loggerheads over mankind, or even why aliens are being drawn here to check out the territory and grab some soil samples while they're at it! As solipsistic as it may seem at first blush, maybe, just maybe, there is something rather astonishing and unque about earth and our place as human beings in THE grand scheme of things..?

Puts a new spin on the Christian story that's for sure ie: man was created by design to contain nothing less than the fullness of the spirit of the living God, and therefore, one among us, at some point would come to embody the tree of life and the Godhead..

Just something to ponder..

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I would just like to suggest that what we see as 'possession' could be a cause and effect of 'conscious being' as it assumes it is a 'self' in its own right....and is somehow having to face that its only right to 'be' is through a 'perfect spirit' that is only expressing itself, through the existence as a 'soul' and this soul is only a phase of Spirit, not infinite in its own right as a self.

As a inner being on a spiritual level fights for its right to 'be' without the source of light that it is of....we see a very dark, harsh, strong reaction....seemingly able to reach beyond the bounds of human capabilities.

We know that adrenaline can produce people to do amazing things....like lift a car when the need arises.

I seen my mother have a traumatic experience after having a near death experience that involved 9 hours of visions. She went unconscious for 3 days while on life support and came back to us as if she was possessed. This was a Christian lady who had a heart of gold. The experience of this seemingly possession after she came back was so severe that she recalled hearing a voice that wanted to control her and wanted her to die. She even swallowed a hypodermic needles that the nurse had left on her tray in the room. They ended up strapping down her arms for 2 days. The nurses in the critical care unit said that this was very normal for people that were in Intensive Care Unit that had almost died. It could be a very biological reaction as being a independent 'being' that had either tried to brake away from the 'source' that it is truly of (spirit) or a being that 'feels' it 'had' to brake away from a 'perfect source of spirit' and a very psychotic reaction could occur. As Spirit and biological body rejoins as one...the body biologically may have a reaction of psychosis. Adrenaline could be a factor in unusual strength.

I dont think we can totally assume that there is not a chemical and biological cause and effect going on....when one tries to 'wish to be more then they are' or has to face that they are 'not more then what they wish'. We do not know what kind of chemical reaction could go on in the brain when someone tries to reach out to such extremities or has to face such facts.

For my mother...I think her biological 'suit' we could say, had to come back in tune at FULL FORCE...and the 'soul' of her (phase of spirit) was more in a healing/hibernation mode. I think people can bring this on themselves....and I think sometimes life itself or facing things we might not want to face, can cause such a thing to happen.

Just as we have a 'higher self/source' that is perfect spirit....we have a lower self/source that is biologically and chemically flesh. We may not understand the effects when the 'lower self' tries to over run the 'higher self'.

Another thing I have to consider that helps me think this way....is that while my own mother was wishing me to wreck on my way home, laughing at me with a evil voice, totally not being the person I knew my whole life what so ever....they gave her some medicine that would bring her 'true' self back but it would only work for about 30 mins and they couldnt give it to her too often because it had dangerous potentials and her health at that time was still in a very high risk state. You could sit in the room with her and watch through that 30 mins of her getting the medicine of it working...and slowly...loosing its effect.

I will also note that the nurses and doctors were pretty much 99% sure that once we got her out of Intensive Care that she would loose this psychotic behavior. Sure enough, when they could finally put her into a regular room, it occurred not more.

We dont understand all of the capabilities of the mind, nervous system, and chemical effects of the body. And we do know...that psychosis in itself, is very powerful and is not totally understood. We have many strong chemicals in our body that can be released. Drugs consumed by us can make us hallucinate and seemingly go into a whole other world. Who is to say that our own chemicals within our own body do not have this capability to do this to us when we try to 'deny' Spirit or have to seemingly 'brake away' from Spirit. Our biological body could buck like a wild horse and we just dont understand why yet.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I am terribly sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing.

That's a very strange and fascinating and SAD story.

God bless you and maybe she's at complete peace now, I believe that.

P.S. Could you please share with us more on your conversations with "Doc"? As you say you've not betrayed her nor violated any oath of secrecy or confidentiality.
I appreciate that.
Anyways, I really can't remember the specifics of the conversations (these events were two years ago; we had a falling out), and direct communication was rare. Normally, it was "doc says" and the like, except for moments when he would 'flash through' and there would be a momentary change in her. The only time I talked to him directly and at length is when she 'slipped below the surface' to escape. He was definately looking out for himself, I have no doubt he tricked her into thinking an exorcism would kill her, but he really did want the best for her. I noticed another comment that said I don't know if it was a demon or not, this is true, we really have no idea what he was because he never explained. Me and the girl were under the impression that he was a demon because of his nature and how he was summoned. She was under the impression that he had once been human, though I have never heard of a human becoming a demon. I believe he was of Samyaza's group of Watchers from the book of Enoch; the angels who loved women. I think this theory was more likely because he had a deep seated fear of Michael the Archangel and I heard a theory that women have a greater affinity for attracting demons because they are why the Watchers fell in the first place.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Setting aside, for a while, the idea of a paradox of leadership and the possibility of a cosmic spiritual controversy arising over spiritual authority and rebellion against that authority, let's address first the root of the evil in regards to the social matrix we inhabit. If there is any sort of "devil" in our midst, or a satanic system, within which we've become "enmesshed" or caught up in its net like fish, it is the all consuming dominance of the "self" in our world today. We must remember, that if we are to take on responsibility for the devil within our own selves, then we must face the root cause of our own character defects - SELFISHNESS.

"Selfishness" is self explanatory, we all know what it is, smirk, and then continue to engage in it... because the very nature of selfishness will tell us and even ASSURE us that it is "all good", banishing in an instant from our selfish modality of thinking, any notion whatsoever, that there is any problem with it and that in all of it's manifestations, in it's fear of loss, and attachment to self preservation and self aggrandisement it is most certainly NOT the root of cause of all EVIL in the world..

The self either rejoices in it's dominance, or, when it doesn't get its own way or perhaps falls under the scope of increasing awareness, it sulks, and begs, for as long as is needed to take over the helm and become dominant once again! The attachements of self are thus insane, where the definition of insanity is to keep on doing the same thing over and over again, and failing in one way or another (loss of soul is also a supreme failure, even for a rich man), all the while expecting a different result ie: it will be better this time around, if only we could assert still more WILLPOWER ie: award the self a position of absolute supremecy, and dominance.

To fully "grok" the significance of the self's role, and those who would manipulate it's underlying mechanisms, for you guessed it, selfish gain, I hereby highly recommend this series, called

Century of the Self, by Adam Curtis
(just open and watch in youtube, to access all the parts and chapters of this groundbreaking domcumentary)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well, there is no devil. I don't believe in the devil. There are troubled souls, but not the devil. People have free will to make their choices. Karma assures that what you do to others, you do to yourself, because you will feel what you make others feel. By the way, we are all God in action, one being, learning, divided into billions of parts. There is no devil, there is only us, all there is.
Read Michael Newton´s books, they are sooooo good.(mostly Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls).
I highly recommend them, they changed my mindset about life, god and the universe.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join