It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blending in with your B.O.B. -A quick tip-

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Here ya go Doc, I think this should show the scroll bar and the whole image.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Dogs will be a problem as their meat is kinda chewy.
I have often thought about having a fake "official" uniform with me in my B.O.B. - search and rescue or some other civilian group that is often given access to disaster sites. It might allow you to pass through undisturbed.

At first I thought of this thread as some B.O.B fashion show but this is a good idea.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exforcesuk
reply to post by Sideband

Now i am interested in this!
I can only relay what i believe i know or have been told or tought ! However it is my understanding that tracker dogs actually pick up on the scent that is created at the point of friction! i.e where the foot hits the floor and that the scent left in the air only lasts a relatively small amount of time ! even smaller on a windy day !
I was only passing on the information i had been given in the past when i was fortunate enough to be involved in escape and evasion training with the military.

I am not familiar with mythbusters but will investigate further thx

I've worked with Search and Rescue dog handlers so I have a bit of knowledge from that. Following the scent in the air is called Air Tracking. It was explained to me like this: The scent falls from your entire body and hangs in the air for a time before falling to the ground. The same happens when you cross water. The scent sits on or just above the surface of the water.
I'm not a dog so I don't know personally what is happening. The Mythbusters (a tv show) tested all of the prelevant theories on how to evade a tracker dog and none of them worked.
Here's a link to a segment on yuotube from one of the 2 shows they did.

www.youtube.com...

Let me know what you find.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by locster

If you have a backpack in the city once a SHTF everyone will be curious as to whats in the backpack...if your in the woods with one everyone seeing you will wonder whats in the backpack...

you would need to get out of the city / populated area as quick as possible and get settled out of sight out of mind...stay put and wait it out if possible. Leave little to no evidence that your there...

It would be a huge long game of hide and seek...if your going to be out and about during a SHTF.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I think there are going to be a lot of people with bags and backpacks. Ofcourse you can't become invisible, but blending in is as good as it gets.
The human brain looks for patterns and if you are the only one sticking out from your surroundings you will get noticed.
It's just a little idea that might give you a edge over others. And since its only 2 covers it won't ad much weight to your bag.

Sometimes hiding in plain sight is the best thing to do.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

S&F

Excellent ideas all.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore

Originally posted by rushunt
Great! now my b.O.B. has turned from a bag to a friggen trunk...
I bet I can get away with that in tow ! HAHAHAHHA Mabee I should just build a B.O.T. bug out trailer

edit on 10/30/2010 by hhcore because: to remove 'dork'

edit on 10/30/2010 by hhcore because: to remove 'dork'

Hahaha!

That there is funny, I don't care who you are.

edit on 4-11-2010 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join