It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FIRE In the feild

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I have an interesting story Id love to share, infact it still to this day scares me a little. But before I post it I have a question that has not been answered yet in realtion to that story. I am totally not doing the I will in due time thing I just want an honest opinion not tainted with this story as to what I saw.

Has anyone ever heard of a fire burning that is floating above the ground. Not much, but a few feet, and for no reason. Lets say in the middle of a feild late at night that was completely plowed just dirt. you could look under it and see the buildings about 1/2 mile or so away.

I am curious as to what I saw I will post the story in its entirety after a few answers. no cliff hanger nothing like that I just want untarnished answers.
edit on 30-10-2010 by rushunt because: title was not all there

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

not heard anything like it mate

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I have only heard one person tell me what it was and he was a weird old dude from mexico. He was almost as scarry as what happened that night lol

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

I am intrigued now please do share

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

edit on 30-10-2010 by Binoit316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Maybe the plowing ruptured a pocket of natural gas, but i think its most likely a peat fire, I don't know about the flames being several feat off the ground though.

Peat has a high carbon content and can burn under low moisture conditions. Once ignited by the presence of a heat source (e.g. a wildfire penetrating the subsurface), it smolders. These smoldering fires can burn undetected for very long periods of time (months, years and even centuries) propagating in a creeping fashion through the underground peat layer

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Ok whole story, (Plainview Tx 79072 around 1100 block of 29th st. I put this here so that you may look it up along with all the reports of devil worship and murders in that town)

I lived as a kid in a small town in west texas. I lived with my parents and my older brother there till I turned 18 and joined the Marines. My father had passed away. He died of congestive heart failure and cardiomyapathy (spelling?) and I had just returned from the Marine Corps. I decided that I would stay at home an help around there there until my mom was ok. I was very curious almost drawn to the unknown as an older child. As a kid I always felt like something was around. I could feel it. I would run down the halls when I was little just to get into the light. I can remember when I was small falling asleep and waking up so scared I couldnt talk or scream and I would just lay there petrified. I started to notice little things like the closet door being closed my dad always said I dont ac the cosets close it when your not in there,lol and wake up in that fear and see the door was open. there were things moved around sometimes and I knew I didnt do it. I wrote it up as funny and it wasnt hurting me so why worry about it. My old man, while a decsent man was a bit of a hard *ss and very gruff. When I returned home one night after he died my mom was going thru some of his old things crying, and we talked for hours. He had been sick for a while and mom knew it was coming. She told me that after my dad was layed off from the airport, he was a mechanic) and started a new job as a forklift mechanic at a wally world distrobution center, He worked the night shift) was on his way to work one night and came rushing home. He didnt say a word but checked me and my mom, made sure the blinds were shut, windows locked, and gave my mom the pistol. He told her not to go outside and he would explain later. He came home that morning and told mom what he had seen. We lived at the middle of a city block and there were street lights at the ends. On the end that he was heading to it was empty feilds and an old small lake that was dried up and had been used for a horse show in the 50's. Dad was heading that way when he saw what was a black shadow atleast 6' tall and skinny, it had long fingers and moved like something out of a horror movie. Dad was not a man to be scared of anything. He drove around with a spot light that he kept and couldnt find this thing once he lost sight of it. This ofcourse sparked my interest and I wondered why noone had ever told me this. It was shortly after that my father became ill and couldnt work and shortly died after.

I would come home late at night after being out with my date or freinds and I would feel scared as if something or someone was watching me. I was always alone as I wouldnt out of respect take people while my mom was asleep. My mom had had too much and decided to go with my aunt on vacation. they traveled to Laredo tx. I was working on a hotrod in the drive one afternoon and had a few freinds over just hanging out and talking. It started getting late but I wasnt worried about being respectful so I let them stay and my freind Mike had heard something. They told me they felt weird, so I invited them into the house. I ask mike to go down the halway and before he got to the end he turned and ran back and said what is in there. I said nothing why. He said his hair stood up on end and didnt feel comfortable. So we started talking about what has happened to me. Well leave it to freinds to convince you that we should go look for it.

We searched around the house and by then my freinds had invited a few girls and here we go. We took off walking to the end of the street when we got there it wasnt anything scarry so we decided to walk across the feild to that little lake (I think they wanted to hook up with these girls and knew I wouldnt let them at the house) so we went on a "Hunt" if you will there were 4 guys and 3 girls us boys had some walkie talkies with us. We got to the lake and they started telling stories to scare the girls and the walkie talkie went off in a very clear voice I see yall, I laughed and said Isee you too and thought my brows were plaing but then realized we were all right there in a circle and no one had done that. So I figured it was the owner or farmer and we happened to be on the same freq. We decided it was time to go and as we headed back I noticed this small flame in the feild. Thinking it was the farmer I wanted to walk up there and tell him we ment no harm just kids having fun but as I got closer like within 100 ft I could see the fire was not burning on the ground. It was infact floating. As I bent down to look under it I noticed that a shadow was looking under it at me if I moved it moved and all I could see were shiny fire reflections in coal black eyes. We left in a hurry. We got home and talked for a while and thought there is a rational exp. for this so we all got into my truck and drove back some upfront some in the back. We got close but could see no fire but it still smelled like burning grass and smoke. 3 of us walked out into the feild the others stayed in the truck. We walked out there and someone called us on the walkie "where did you go" we called back but they didnt hear us we could see them and hear them they couldnt see us or hear us we kinda looked around and shadows were all over the place like stringy wisps in the trees moving in a circle all around us we freaked there was one on the ground crawling to us as we shined a light there was nothing turn it off and it was still there we got scared and ran. I had just got home from the Corps so I was in good shape and my freinds coudlnt catch me I was motivated to leave and in a hurry! the next thing I knew I was flying thru the air as something hit me in the back and I mean hard. It was witnessed by the two guys with me I twisted in the air and ready to fight there was nothing there. but I managed to fly about 20 feet before I hit the ground. We got home and I had a hand like print in red welps on my back It was huge like 2x a normal hand. I have been very sensitive to things since then.

The old man ( Mikes Great Grandpa from Mexico) told me that there was "Treasure buried there long time" "So long it has been claimed by HIM" I ask Him who and he said " you know who" He then got up and went inside and ask me to leave his wife was standing ther with a candle and put it in the corner threw candies in the corner and started praying in spanish as she shut the door. I still talk to Mike once and a while but we hardly speak of this and I never go looking anymore...
edit on 30-10-2010 by rushunt because: added zip

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
www.myplainview.com...

here is the lake that they jumped the horses into and the one we visited that night

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

God thats some messed up $&*! right there. What dya mean like your sensitive to things now?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I can go into some places and feel things. Like a hanging of death in the air, or I can get vibes from people, like I instantly know when someone is lying or have done something they are hiding. sometimes its just buildings I can tell what happened there if it was bad and here is the real kicker Dejavu really bad. It comes and goes and it works when it wants to I dont have any control over it.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

Creepy pal, very creepy. But hey try and use is to your advantage if you can? I have deja-vu really bad, like at least 3-4 times per week.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Yes I've heard of this, I believe the Irish call it 'Willow the wisp', I seem to remember it being in one of my story books as a kid, it's supposedly an evil, or cantankerous spirit.... Or sometimes a lonely one... And they lure people (drunks!) away from the paths across bog land where they get into trouble and usually drown.

In actuality it's natural gasses from the rotting bio matter that is trapped and released, the gas it lit somehow, maybe a static spark? Lightning or even spontaneous combustion, maybe a chemical reaction, the 'wisp' can then travel around like you say, about a foot off the ground, sometimes hopping to another supply of the gas, it must really look like faeries playing! It's a natural phenomena, not super natural.

BTW rushunt, cool avvie, I was always tought never to go back for a second swipe with the tissue paper.... Your little froggie is making me rethink that policy.

top topics

join