It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts, Goblins, and Ghouls: Oh My!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well ATS, Seeing as tomorrow is Halloween I would like to invite you to share any spooky tales of paranormal encounters you've had, or others have had, as well as legends and folklore of things that are spooky or places that are haunted.

I'll start off with the legend of a place that I mentioned in another thread, a little barren circle of dirt known as the Devil's Tramping Grounds. It's a circle of dirt in NC in which no plants will grow and objects left in the circle overnight are mysteriously moved out. Supposedly dogs and other animals are not willing to go near the circle, and although tests have been performed there has been no scientific explanation of why grass won't grow there. According to legend the Devil walks around in this circle while plotting new evil things to do to humanity. Devil or not, it's still spooky.
en.wikipedia.org...

So now it's time for you fellow ATS'ers to share spooky locations and events to help get us into the Halloween mood.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Me and my mate were connecting to the spirit world (Ugh, sounds so stupid when you say it) and this spirit kept coming into the room laughing and generally being a nuisance to our "Trip". When we pried into this guys karmic record we both (Me and my friend) were suddenly hit by loads of "Memories" of things this guy had done in the past. All sorts of horrible things like child murders and I'm not even going to get into the rest of what we saw. After we "Chased" him out of our space he kept coming back to the window and knocking, still laughing that evil sick laugh.

True story unfortunately

And that is just one of the many experiences like that I have had.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This story gives me the creaps.. I found it on the net looking for a scary story to tell my daughter

Three years ago, I had just returned from a trip from Niagara Falls with my family for the 4th of July. We were all very exhausted after a long day of driving, so my husband and I put the kids right to bed and called it a night. At about 4am, I woke up thinking my husband had gotten up to use the restroom. I used the moment to steal back the sheets, only to wake him in the process. I appologized and told him I though he got out of bed. When he turned to face me, he gasped and pulled his feet up from the end of the bed so quickly his knee almost knocked me out of the bed. He then grabbed me and said nothing. After adjusting to the dark for a half second, I was able to see what caused the strange reaction. At the foot of the bed, sitting and facing away from us, there was what appeared to be a naked man, or a large hairless dog of some sort. It’s body position was disturbing and unnatural, as if it had been hit by a car or something. .

Source: x.datchan.org...
edit on 30-10-2010 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Oct 30 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

edit on 30-10-2010 by rushunt because: sorry
This would have been a hi-jack so I started a new thread

edit on 30-10-2010 by rushunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Ive seen this story numerous times, and there are rules on ATS for plagiarizing information off the net.

Story can be found here:

www.creepypasta.com...

and heres a blog about it

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Okay if you post a story that is not yours please acknowledge that fact and provide a link to the source of the story. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Awesome idea for a thread Nosred! S & F for you!

I want to share a story I actually wrote a thread about. It's about this little cemetery in a small town in Stull, Kansas about 20 mins from me! There have been rumors going on about this place since I was a little girl. It is known as one of the gateway's to hell. It's said that it's the only place that Satan fully manifests himself twice a year. Once on Halloween at midnight and another during spring (i'm not quite sure the date and time on that one). It's rumored that his son is buried in this graveyard. Also one of the popes avoided flying over Kansas... when asked why by TIME magazine...he said "I didn't want to fly over unholy ground"..... there are so many rumors surrounding this place and so many odd occurrences. I'll give you guys the link so you can read the rest of the story and also some of the things other ATS member's dug up.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

although tests have been performed there has been no scientific explanation of why grass won't grow there.

Sorry to say but isn't that grass on the ground.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/727a1718c0ea.jpg[/atsimg]

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 30-10-2010 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Not in that little black circle. Look a little closer.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Isnt that the place that josh gates and destination truth went to. It was weird all the lights and that camera man got picked up and thrown

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Had anyone ever set up some kind of recording device there?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

I'm not sure but I know that there have been tests performed there and no reason as to why grass wouldn't grow could be determined.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Off Mount Cotton Rd in my area there is a road where you park on a hill stick the car in neutral and it will proceed up the hill of its own accord,its actually an optical illusion but its a fun way to amuse yourself ;anyway this road winds its way up a hill and the area was reputed to be haunted earning the name 'spook hill' so myself and two intrepid friends at 14 years of age decided to go camping there and check it out,as young stupid males do.

We set up camp about 2/3 the way up the hill a fair ways off the road about lunchtime and decided to go exploring, the abandoned tram where devil worshippers supposedly congregate at the top of the hill being our chosen adventure,after walking to the end of the track and up the path we found the tram painted with anarchy signs and pentagrams and animal bones everywhere,we assumed these were from sacrifices.

We returned to camp that night and a biker gang rocks up and commences a party at the end of the road,about midnight we heard a blood curdling scream and the bikers left soon after,we retired to our tent and soon heard something moving deliberately and stealthily through the bush,this wasn't a cow or something its movements were slow and deliberate,we went out with torches but couldn't find anything.

Later I went out to relieve myself I turned to go back to the tent and saw three lights red lights in triangular formation through the scrub,I walked back to the tent and these lights seemed to follow me so I stopped and squatted down,the lights followed me down,I went back in the tent and told my friends what happened.First light we packed up and got the hell out of there walking about 10km to the nearest phone for our parents to come pick us up,we'd had enough for a bunch of teenagers.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

That little black circle is obviously been the site of being a regular fire place hence no grass on that tiny spot.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

That would have got to me too. Im gladd you made it ok, have you seen the lights since?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

There aren't fires there it's just a gray circle. The main theory is that there used to be some kind of silo filled with salt that caused the dirt to be unfertile but no problems with the soil have been detected there.

new topics

top topics

join