It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart running for President?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It actually feels good hearing someone with a little sanity calling out the media and all the fear mongling.

He is trying to unite the left and right instead of picking one side.
If he did run for president would he have a chance at winning? I would vote for him.

Would he make a good President.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

i for one hope he runs.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Sure he'd make a perfect president cause he sticks by the 911 story no matter what. Although I don't really agree with these tactics, you can truly see who john works for.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

That key word "unite" I've heard before, but from where? Where?

That's right!

Barack Obama | Change We Need | Unite for Change

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Jon is an intelligent man, and a very clever interviewer.

But I am afraid the cynic in me is going to come out here when I say

"You do not make it to the presidency without proving that you are willing to "fall in line" and "play ball" with the real decision makers..."

He is a likeable character and he gets paid very well for what he does. But I am pretty confident in saying that if he indeed did manage to make it to the whitehouse, he would not be in anymore of a position than say JFK to effect the type of "change" the majority of americans would like to see take place.

But ... and here is the irony...

yes I probably would vote for him.. I mean just ask Mary Poppins...

" A spoonfull of suger helps the medicine go down"

~meathead
edit on 30-10-2010 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Why would you vote for him? What would make him any more qualified than Palin?

Don't get me wrong I am a fan of his show but c'mon now.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Since the standards are being re-written anyway, Jon Stewart would make the perfect President and Stephen Colbert would be the perfect Vice President. I'd totally volunteer my time to that campaign.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Because he calls it like he sees it and doesn't fall into the mainstream.
He doesn't give the same robotic answers like everyone else...he sounds..sane!

Human in fact..

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Oh he doesn't?

Go watch the video posted above by Maya I'd say.

Fairly mainstream there, and his crew threatening violence?

Everything you see on tv is a product, don't lie to yourself.
edit on 30-10-2010 by Lysergic because: for shenanigans

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Sure he'd make a perfect president cause he sticks by the 911 story no matter what.

I don't know what in the world this should have to do with anything the OP said, but I'll go ahead and respond anyway. Are you saying he has some sort of involvement or inside information as to the events on that day? Or is it just because he believes it was done by Al Qaeda that is a problem? I don't understand where you're trying to go with that and it doesn't make sense.

Furthermore, I would be willing to bet there will be pretty much noboy on the ballot come 2012 (at least based on what we know now) who would say that it was an inside job, so good luck on that one.

As much as I love Jon Stewart, I'm not quite sure how good of a president he would make. He is quite intelligent and that works in his favor. I would wonder what the rest of the world would think if we elected a pundit/comedian as our president.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hell lets vote Eric Cartman for president.

edit on 30-10-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I have to say, that first part of his closing statements sounded like the start of a candidacy speech. I got a little excited.

But thought about it, and like Lys said, what would make him different then Palin? I'd love to see him as Chief of Staff maybe, but I am not fully confident that he would be able to be President.

Maybe if he started as Senator and proved he could do that part of the job ya know?

He'd be good to have in the ear of politicians, that's for sure.

But I don't think today was about that. Today was to send the message to step back and see that we are all citizens of this country. To realize that our politicians may not be working together, the pundits on tv are not working together, but WE do. "Every damn day" as he put it. It doesn't matter who we support politically. We go to work and work together, our politicians should do the same. We need to force them to work together. Disagreements are fine. Senseless bickering is not.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I wouldn't take that video at face value.

Not only do they not show what lead up to his writers acting like that. Writers who, by the way, have their own view point and can act as they wish, they don't even have the "punch". Not to mention, I've been punched, and done some punching before. Never has there been a cut like that on that part of the face from an unskilled person.

And that "reporter" was disrupting the event anyways. Not saying he deserved to be punched or berated with that language, but you don't go disrupting someones thing and not expect someone to get in your face. These types of reporters do this all the time. Play the victim. It's why people don't take the 9/11 movement and such seriously. These are the people who are in front of the camera.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

I agree that guy did come off rather idiotic with when he started yelling with his voice kind of cracking, he didn't pull off his ambush journalism very well, he needs practice.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I agree, like I posted, I don't believe in their tactics, it makes 911 truthers look like waccos. As far as the punching thing I could also care less. The fact that he carries on the Al Ciada myth when I know he is a well informed guy gets under my skin.

I watch his show now and again I actually like him for the most part.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm a big Jon Stewart/Daily Show fan, but he will never, ever, ever, ever run for President. He's a very bright guy and because of that he knows (and will be the first one to tell you) that he is in no way, shape or form qualified to run for the highest office.
In the first episode after 9-11 he described what he does on the show as sitting in the back of the country throwing spitballs. There is no danger of him taking himself too seriously, let alone considering himself suited to become POTUS.
edit on 30-10-2010 by Bullhorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

As an educated man in a high profile position, he sticks to the most logical theory of that day. That's plain and simple. That also should have no weight if he ever does run for office.

Whether or not a future politician continues the policies set forth by what happened that day is the judging point.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Geez almighty!
All criticism of Palin as Prez just flew out the window with this thread.

Stewart is too cynical about everything to be an effective problem solver.
Accentuating the negative is a trait that comes naturally, that's what gives a comedian the strong comedic edge that makes the difference when it comes to invoking a chuckle or laughter.

It would take plenty of rewiring for him to be taken seriously, dude
He may be somewhat intelligent but I doubt he even has a serious bone in his body.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
No wonder we're called SHEEPLE. Good grief!! Throw away your television sets!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Are you kidding me ??

That altercation had nothing to do with the 9/11 movement, it had to do with those guys acting like douchebags.

Even the guy who got punched admitted that he " nudged" him before he got punched, ... what he means to say is he pushed him. I'd prolly clock someobody if they pushed me too.

Even though they are only telling one side of the story, its not hard to see what really went down.

Jon Stewart for president !!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join