It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Theory] "Diminished Reality" used for more than video?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Let me begin by asking you this. As a child, have you ever had the feeling that "something" may be right in front of you and for some reason you just can't see it? An overwhelming urge that your own mind is lying to you?

I believe that this issue occurs amongst children more often than modern science would wish to disclose, and that for whatever reason this thought process simply vanishes as children mature in most cases. In a few rare exceptions, I believe this is what leads to the development of schizophrenia amongst adults. I believe that the mind believes on a primal level that something is there and somehow at the same time, contrary to what it believes is also being told nothing is present. But what is telling your mind it's not there if it also believes it to be there? Does the brain believe nothing is there of it's on volition i.e. through the natural process or is something external manifesting within the mind overriding the natural process(es) of the brain?

I know some of you may not be a fan of the movie Inception or Matrix. However I believe they best visually conveys the concepts I'll be discussing. In inception we are lead to believe that the mind is capable of "filling in" regions naturally in almost real-time following simple universal geometric extrapolations. This ability is what allows us to create the illusion of reality within our dreams.

For example. Our brain may subconsciously create an "environment" from an established recognized spatial region. For instance, your room and the objects in it may become the physical basis for objects and locations within your dream. Your bed may become a cliff, a shelf a building. Then your brain fills in these environments.

Our brains texture these environments from our own creativity in near real-time and in the dream appear as lucid and real as anything we would expect to find in reality. Because our brain tells us it is.

After discovering this thread: Never trust LIVE video feed or evidence again.

It felt like I was playing Tetris and the last piece I needed finally dropped.

*Pulls his gun out and shoots the elephant in the room*

I'm sure some can easily deduce that it would be possible to replace a missile with an aircraft in a live video feed. I point you to the "missing wing" observation of the 9/11 attacks. However that is nothing compared to the idea I'm about to present you with.

I'm asserting that it's possible to take this technology a step further and instead of removing objects from video, you can remove objects from being perceived by the brain it's self.

A simple scenario would be this.

Following along the theories of Tesla's early wireless theories, and what modern electronics is proving. Is that it is possible to directly transmit wireless signals which the brain is capable of receiving. He theorized that it was possible to stream video and audio directly into the brain. We are currently capable of transmitting audio directly into the brain. Using this type of system we can transmit sensory information to the brain which in theory can contradict its self.

See walls where there are none ("glitch" in the matrix) which could visually conceal items behind this "imaginary" wall.

Taking this even further we can introduce the concepts of nuero-linguistic and repetitive task programming. With thise I'm asserting that it's possible to "program" individuals to ignore certain visual items. Even more, to replace one object with another, or slightly change the appearance. For example,

Seeing an emblem on a building may cause you to "erase" it visually forcing your brain to fill in details making it appear as if the building is not there.

I think in theory this could mean that aliens are in fact here, and if they are humanoid that such a system is capable of causing us to visually ignore and or replace alien characteristics with human ones.

So they could be here, right now, right in front of you. And you just can't see it because your brain is telling you to ignore it.

Spooky food for thought. What if the aliens are unaware of this system, and we appear to them as their species just as they appear as our species to us. Even further, what if Demons, Vampires, and Aliens exist, and we're all living side by side in some type of multi-species secular culture and only a select few of each are aware of it? What if we programmed ourselves through religious rituals we have passed down and even forgot we did it?

EDIT: This was fitting

edit on 30-10-2010 by mryanbrown because: (no reason given)

new topics

join