It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Dems Split over Handing Obama '12 Nomination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
*that's the title of the story

Newsmax

WASHINGTON (AP) — An Associated Press-Knowledge Networks Poll finds that Democratic voters are closely divided over whether President Barack Obama should be challenged within the party for a second term in 2012.

Newsmax is right wing but they are quoting the AP and their poll.
Polls can be made to say anything.
But I gotta' say ... I'm thinking this is accurate and not a surprise.
Buyers remorse. Shoulda' picked Hillary.

Other sites carrying this ... (just a few of the many)
Seattle PI

The AP-KN poll has tracked a group of people and their views since the beginning of the 2008 presidential campaign. Among all 2008 voters, 51 percent say he deserves to be defeated in November 2012 while 47 percent support his re-election - essentially a tie.

Among Democrats, 47 percent say Obama should be challenged for the 2012 nomination and 51 percent say he should not be opposed. Those favoring a contest include most who backed Hillary Rodham Clinton's unsuccessful faceoff against Obama for the 2008 nomination. The poll did not ask if Democrats would support particular challengers

Kansas City

The AP-Knowledge Networks Poll is a unique study to find out how the electorate's political views have changed since last election. This study included 1,254 adults on Sept. 17 to Oct. 7 were originally part of a random sample of Americans surveyed up to 11 times throughout the 2008 campaign by The Associated Press, Knowledge Networks and Yahoo News.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
On the same vein ....

Dick Morris speculates that if (or when?) the republicans take control because of the November 2 elections, then Obama's own party will rise up and find others from within who are more qualified and/or who can do the job better. My own picks - Hillary and Bill Richardson. Enough time has passed that I think the former best buds will become friends once again. Both are qualified. Richardson especially so. Yes, he had that surprising scandal that popped up .. but he's still a much better choice for POTUS than Obama. I bet we see him again as well as Hillary.

Dick Morris Midterm Elections

He adds: “I predict that as a result of these elections, Obama will get a Democratic primary from the left. I wonder if a Dennis Kucinich may not run against him in that race, assuming he hangs on to his House seat. I think Obama is very vulnerable right now to a challenge from the left.

“If the left-wing challenge gets traction, [Hillary Clinton] might at that point jump in. It’s eerily similar to 1968. The part of Lyndon Johnson is played by Barack Obama. The part of Bobby Kennedy is played by Hillary Clinton. And the part of Eugene McCarthy, who softens it up and tests the territory, might be played by Kucinich or somebody like that.”

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Obama being blackmailed ... ATS thread
If ANY of the stories in this thread are true .. or even a little true .. then I can see the dems abandoning Obama and crawling on their knees to Hillary .. begging for her forgiveness and promising to back her in 2012.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

me and my mother had a conversation about this couple days ago she said neo i'm not so sure he will even get the nomination and i told her nah theres no way the left would do that to one of their own.

sure the left will throw anyone under the bus to keep in power but not the first african american president

they would get called racist!!!!

so myself obama will be running in 2012 if the left picked another candidate that would ensure a defeat because every single democrat is on thin ice right now and thats why the are cheating like they are and 2 years from now is a long time away and alot can change as we have already seen.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I'm watching Hillary. She's distancing herself from Obama. She's doing her own thing. And I'm sure there is Obama buyers remorse going on big time, the approval numbers back that up. It wouldn't surprise me to see a Hillary surge in the next 6 months.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

thing with clinton is she is barred from campaigning while shes has her current job

if she quits or obama fires her which is doubtful then i will worry.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Newsmax Poll

Hillary beats Obama by 20 points in a 2012 matchup.

Yep ... I believe it.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

they would get called racist!!!!

You are exactly right.

If anyone that even questions Obama about anything whatsoever gets called a "racist", what would happen to the person that even considers running against him as Democrat nominee for President in 2012?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Interesting . If Obama poll numbers were to sink low enough I could see Hillary making a run for her party 2012 nomination in the same way RFK look to gun down LBJ . LBJ ultimately decided to not run for re election with Vietnam a shadow over him . Otherwise Hillary will be hoping that Obama gets re elected and she will look to aim up a run for the 2016 nomination .

Cheers xpert11.

top topics

join