It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have confirmed ATS management hides threads if they want to.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

MYSQL Function have the ability to remove with no trace.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicodin

Indeed. But there's no way to do it without going through the trouble of logging into the server directly, and running a delete query via the terminal. Our security is such that the web application layer cannot execute the "delete" command.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Okay, the jig is up and it's time to reveal the little secret......

For some time now the OP has been of the opinion that the quality of threads on ATS have been going down hill. Especially those 3-4 line threads with nothing but some wild speculation or accusations without any proof what so ever to back it up.

He made up some crazy theory about ATS and decided to observe how many recognition such a thread would get in the form of stars and flags. Obviously the result cannot be denied.

Hint: the irony is in the OP's user name......!!!

Peace

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I heard, through a friend of a friends barber ....

That if you make a thread opposing ATS or its founders, you are immediately targeted for a "blackout" ..... where they send a team of ninja assasins to your house to completely annihilate every trace that you ever left on this earth.

personally the OP is just upset because his thread got 404'd, .... personally I think alot more threads should get 404'd. .... like this one.

But it really shows the integrity of ATS, Springer, and Skeptic Overlord, ..... to allow it to stand for all members to see, ..... while they pick it apart with facts and the truth.

If they were really hiding anything they would have trashed this one too dontcha think OP ??

Unfortunately the only conspiracy here is one comprised of the OP's imagination.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ATS4dummies

can you post a link to the thread that you say should be invisible from my computer? this is intriquing. i just don't understand what the motivation would be.
edit on 31-10-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

I think he is talking about "Global Ignore" but cannot be sure exactly as he is inferring to being "deleted" later on in the thread. Getting stuck on Global Ignore generally makes it where nobody can see your replies to posts or in my case it appeared the first guy who replied to my thread was the author and nobody could see my replies.

To be honest, why they have the "Global Ignore" feature should be the question.
edit on 31-10-2010 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2010 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
To be honest, why they have the "Global Ignore" feature should be the question.

It's rarely used anymore. The original intent was to provide our staff with a means to quickly negate posts of spammers. Since the 2010 redesign, it's no longer a feature.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
this has happened 2 times in the last week ...this seems a site for managed dissent and nothing else

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I think they use a Global Ignore option, where members will not be able to see posts, or posts made by certain members. Like when you chose to put a member on ignore. They could apply the ignore to all members.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join