It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have confirmed ATS management hides threads if they want to.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ATS4dummies

Bud, I still don't see the proof...

You linked to a huge thread, and then to a search page...

Where's the link to the thread actual thread that was 404'ed. And where is your PROOFS it was done for some agenda

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

Friend, I shear your frustration.

There is nothing more annoying than going to the effort to research and write a thread like yours, only for it to not receive a single flag or comment, only to then look at the most flagged page and discover the reason nobody is on your thread is because they are all to busy looking at somebody’s pretty picture.

So much for “Deny ignorance”

For this reason I no longer bother to write long winded threads because I know that I might be lucky to get 10 or so flags whilst the guy who has just told the world about how he was anally probed by a reptilian gets 100 flags.

Ironically enough I once wrote a thread suggesting a solution to this problem... only the thread was deleted. The solution was very simple put all the threads that the mods applaud into a editors pick type forum that way we can give the threads that work as gone into a chance amongst the rubbish that plagues this site.

I’ll have a read of your thread later and let me know the details of your book when it’s done.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Ahh! ok thanks mo!

Finding out new to me features is always fun!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

What proof was that, again? That a thread about Billy Meier of hoax fame was deleted? Many have been, but if you bothered to look, you'll see that many, many others, both for and against, are still there. Open and everything...

Threads are, as Benevolent Heretic so aptly pointed out, closed/trashed for many reasons, none of which include anything even vaguely resembling an "agenda".

The only person with an agenda here is you.

Woof. Woof.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Kevin... we are talking about Deletion. with a capital 'D' as in destroying incovenient truth - (heard that before?)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

One more time .... for the reading impaired...

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

I Have confirmed ATS management hides threads if they want to.,

You'll have to do a little better than that.

The thread in question was actually started by one of ATS's very own Super Moderators [Gazrok], only to have later been trashed as it became little more than a platform for a returning multi-time banned former member seeking to promote both his site And to perpetuate known hoaxes.

Threads are not hidden due to any sort of "Agenda", but occasionally threads are trashed when they violate the terms and conditions, are merely spamming or promoting one's website, if they become little more than member bashing member, or if they go so far off track that there's no hope of them ever returning to the original topic

... but Carry On ... as you're likely to do anyway.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATS4dummies

How's that for PUT UP or SHUT UP? Hmmm.... ?

Watch the bloodsugar levels there mate. Wouldnt want to get all riled up for nothing now would we?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Little One

SILO: As a member - this too is my site. The admin here do NOT question my loyalty. The fact that you expect me to even respond to YOURE questioning it... I wouldnt waste my time with you to prove anything.

I never questioned your loyalty so take a chill, lol.

I will add I do find it interesting you require proof from others, but, you wouldn’t ‘waste your time’ to prove anything to others yourself. Yes, that is mighty interesting.

Anyway, my question was in asking you if you in fact felt you were being loyal to ATS by attacking others.
That’s called pack mentality.
If it works for you, then have at it. It does not work for me.

I would like to point out however, youre fighting for someone that ran like hell when an admin asked for evidence.

I’d like to point out right back at ya that I'm not ‘fighting’ for anyone. I’m pointing out there’s no need to go all atomic on a newer member who might not be familiar with all the ins and outs of ATS and the fact that glitches, do happen - even here.

Because youre too busy questioning me. Youre a joke and probably the OP themselves for no one else would be dumb enough to have taken youre stance on this. Thats not being mean - THATS BEING HONEST.

No, that’s not being honest - it‘s called voicing your opinion. And just like I’ll not attack the OP for their opinion, I’ll not attack you for yours, as misguided and rude as I may find it.

Regardless if the OP comes back with fact, or a thumb in the face to everyone here, you should be (I stress should be) pleased with the fact that ATS does allow people to question authority, and, if they have big enough shoulders to take it, you should try to follow their example.

Peace

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

The deletion dose annoy me, sometime’s I think it is pointless and most of it is done if a thread questions ATS directly. Everybody knows it goes on its no secret, its just very ironic that a site like ATS is censored like the North Korean media. However with that said I am yet to see any of this poof you are talking about.

ATS, for the record, is a fantastic site but the deletion of threads is a big letdown. Sure if a thread is spam, duplications, contains totally irrelevant information (such as “my pretty picture threads”) then go-ahead and delete them.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATS4dummies
reply to post by kevinunknown

Kevin... we are talking about Deletion. with a capital 'D' as in destroying incovenient truth - (heard that before?)

I care only for proof of the statements made in the op.

If one makes a thread which is in opposition to whatever the agenda is, here at this forum, It can be altered to be visible to the Author, but made completely invisible to anyone else with a different IP domain.

I just thought you folks would like to know that. (Before this one is shot down also.) THe fact is they *can't* handle the truth, not even at this site.

Post a screendump of a thread that only you can see, complete with visible url and pagetab. I’ll provide a screendump of my browser with the same url in it to prove or disprove your claim.

It’s that easy.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

The deletion dose annoy me, sometime’s I think it is pointless and most of it is done if a thread questions ATS directly.

Use "Search" and you`` ll still find a few hundred public threads that question ATS directly. But since its a near-daily repeat topic...well, you know what happens with most repeat topics. The ATS Issues thread alone contains hundreds of ATS-criticizing, questioning or bashing posts. There are plenty out there if you are looking for them you can read it all to your hearts content.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

...and what, pray, is this oh, so "inconvinient" truth you're nattering on about?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
ATS hides my wallet and car keys from me all the time. I can never seem to find the damn things when I intend to go somewhere. I could swear I always leave them in the same spot for hope of future use without tiring searches of the dwelling which I currently reside, but alas, it does not work to my advantage.

I feel as if ATS has an agenda in all of this. By hiding my wallet and car keys, I cannot leave said dwelling, thus rendering me prisoner in my own home. What's a guy to do at home with nowhere to go? Seek entertainment? Of course. The only entertainment I have in my possession is my computer. Once on said computer, what web site do you think I head to? That's right, boys and girls - ATS.

Mission accomplished, ATS. You hide my wallet and car keys and render me an unwitting participant in the further profiteering of your establishment by way of my visit bringing you one step closer to your quota of increasing your advertising revenue.

I shall be off now, for I have uncovered the plot. But rest assured, I will be back. I am working on a theory which places ATS as the main culprit of my suspicions that my pets are robotic extraterrestrials from Nibiru sent to gain entry into my home for surveillance purposes.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I Have confirmed the OP jumps to conclusions and slanders a website out of confusion for "why something was removed".

You got your answer...the post that was removed was removed because a known HOAXER who has been repeatedly removed and banned, was being promoted through the post you think was "hidden".

Are you aware of the popularity of ATS? Everyone from the mainstream media to the Dept of Homeland Defense peruses this website... making it a fruitful "place to advertise wares" and "mislead the public".

The post that was removed was removed because the info inside was promoting someone who deserves no such promotion.

But you just merrily go about slandering and attacking the validity of ATS and its moderators...

Yeah, sweet...maybe you should have wrote a personal u2u to the mods asking about this.

Or maybe you could have made this thread with less "I know 100% ATS is bad" and more "whats going on, I'd like an answer".

Yeah...well enjoy your thread here...it is misinformed.

MM

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Careful...or you're liable to wake up to rearranged furniture one morning...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I have seen a chipmunk resembling this young chap around my home in the past. I now strongly suspect he is an agent of yours.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

He's freelance...Protip - Never negotiate Black Ops with a hungry chipmunk...seriously, the whining is unbearable...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Oh boy that was fun..........

Now let us bow our head and allow this thread to die the silent death it deserves. Because, frankly, 14 flags is more than enough for this completely ridiculous thread, if you ask me!!!

Peace

edit on 30-10-2010 by operation mindcrime because: over-enthousiasm with the flag thingy

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Censorship through omitted posting?!?

ATS is devious!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join