It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have confirmed ATS management hides threads if they want to.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Doggie want a nice circular, thin and shiny biscuit?
Here ya go doggie... LINKED HERE
(Scroll down to see the article of the Imaginary Presence article which points to a deleted (404) page.

And the original (Deleted) article is still indexed (but a dead 404 link) in the ATS Search function. I LOVE IT!

Here's the link to the Billy Horn and Imaginary Presence thread in the ATS search results:
SEARCH RESULTS FOR A DELETED THREAD

How's that for PUT UP or SHUT UP? Hmmm.... ?

edit on 30-10-2010 by ATS4dummies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Little One

At ATS its PUT UP OR SHUT UP. The accuser has ZERO evidence.

Fine. But ATS also requires tollerance and respecting other people's opinions.
Just let the OP blow off steam and leave it at that. It gains no one anything to attack him/her.

What - you think it makes you a more 'loyal' ATS member to attack someone who questions the authority of ATS?

Think about the implications of that for a minute... If words like 'pack mentality' do not come to mind, then think again.

'Whistleblowers' from the get go know they're in for a heap a poo - so, no need to add to it regardless if the OP is misinformed, or experienced a 'glitch' that can't be proven. It's times when Whistleblowers are wrong that we have to take extra care, in order not to influence anyone in the future who might have a legitimate claim. And that's inside and out of ATS... IMO...

peace

edit on 30-10-2010 by silo13 because:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ATS4dummies

Another ATS has a secret "agenda" thread. If I had a nickel for every one of these that I've seen since I joined ATS as a member, I'd be out of debt...

There is a topic discussing/arguing/accusing every issue I can think of just off the top of my head. All it requires is an ability to use the "search" function. It's easy enough to use. Obviously...I can use it, any one can.

That "confirmation" as you call it... Let's have it.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
Coming from you that's kinda disappointing. Above question is nobody. But above accusation......???

I'm with Silo.

You can't question without some nuance of accusation there to begin with.

I think ATS is great, I think the backend covers a lot of stuff we never see out here and I think the OP is talking nonsense.

But we are allowed to question just for the sake of questioning.

If we don't then it's fear keeping us in place and that has no place on boards like this.

There are limits though and I agree with shutting down nonsense like this.

I just enjoy the opera until that occurs.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Where oh where has the OP gone? Amateurs and easily excitable wanna-be disinformationists make threads disappear and mess with programs linked to IP's. Far more subtle and just as effective methods which lead into the hall of mirrors are available.

Somebody said we don't pay to use this site - wrong - we pay every time we view the adverts.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Look, he probably just doesn't know how things work around here. You mean no one here has seen a thread fizzle and get 404'ed live as it was happening? It happens all the time. It is just part of the ATS game.

It's too bad everyone is in a rush to crucify you, but you have to understand. If the subject yanks the ATS chain too hard, it will not air, find something else to post, or find a way to allude to it without busting it wide open.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
You'll notice, I hope, that the thread is still open.

I'll be straight up honest...

I really hate these sort of threads. No proof is ever forwarded, only vague accusations. I'm going to guess that nothing resembling proof will ever be put forward.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I haven't written a reply to a post, nor written a post in months.
The reason is simple, I believe what the OP is saying to be somewhat true.
However, I don't know and certainly can't prove that there is some form of censorship on ATS.
It could be some other reason(s) that the following story came to be true.
I presumed, probably out of the common paranoia shared by many ATS members that I had "struck a chord" with my last thread and, if one where to look at my profile, one would find a message to ATS in my comments sections.
A "goodbye" of sorts.

So here's my short story, I offer it, not in defence of this thread, nor as condemnation of it. I simply wonder if something is up. Here's why.

Search for my thread "the War on Reason."
Did you find it?
No? I didn't think so.
It's here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Notice how many reads it has?
None?
Oh really, not even one?
Hmmmm....
How is that even possible?
I don't know.

Now, take into account that I announced this thread, to two moderators, once in relation to the relevance of the thread, around the anniversary of 9/11 and once about the positioning of the thread as I needed some responses to it.

The thread is a reasonable summary of the conspiracies surrounding the events that took place on 9/11.
It is a portion of my forthcoming book. (I'm a writer.)

The reason it was posted to ATS was to ensure that I had covered all the topics and had made no mistakes.
It was posted at ATS because if you want to have a discussion about conspiracy, you go to the experts, right?

But not if those experts never get the chance to read the article.

Now, it may very well be that my thread sucks, or is uninteresting, or too long. This is fair.
But I have never had a thread with zero reads.
Some of my threads were quite popular, awarded even.
It could be some kind of technical glitch.
Again, I'm not saying that the OP is correct.
I am saying that I don't have any more time to waste.

I still come to ATS every day. It is my alternative news source.
I still enjoy wading through the recent posts to find the odd gem.
But I'm no longer interested in sharing my thoughts with a group that doesn't care, or doesn't work.

I never received a response in relation to my thread. Either on my thread, or via my u2u's with staff.
Perhaps ATS isn't intersted in reason? Perhaps I talk too much.

Let's not forget that ATS is a real world intelligence community, peopled by ordinary folks from all walks of life.
Most of those folks have an agenda, including myself.

I reposted my thread on my own blog. It was become very popular, particularly in Russia.
Portions of it wound up in a Romanian political science magazine.
My blog gets waaaaaay less traffic than ATS.
400+ reads vs. 0 reads.
Pretty simple choice really.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Op, what exactly is your problem? I mean, when any member joins ATS, they agree to the Terms and Conditions, and part of the T&Cs says:

17) Rights In Posted Materials: By posting on this message board, you relinquish all exclusive copyrights to any materials you Post and furthermore, you grant TAN non-exclusive, non-revocable worldwide, royalty-free rights to copy, distribute, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works, and publicly perform the materials in perpetuity in all forms. This license applies to all works of authorship including, but not limited to, written materials (e.g., text), audio, audio-visual materials, graphics, and images (including, but not limited to, graphics and images used as avatars). You also grant all third parties the right to copy, distribute, display, reproduces, and publicly perform the materials you post under the terms of the Creative Commons License. TAN has the authority to decide to display your postings or not, and you grant TAN the right to modify your posts, remove offensive material, modify your post title to accurately reflect content, remove vulgar comments, remove insults, or delete any other content deemed inappropriate, all at our discretion.

[Bolding and underlining mine] The full T&C thread is here.

"TAN (The Above Network) has the authority to decide to display your postings or not."

What is there in that statement that you do not understand?

ATS' owners (through TAN) don't need your permission to remove or simply not display your posts. They don't need to give you any reason for such action either. It's their site and if they feel like it, they can do pretty much whatever they choose. Whether you feel that they have some kind of "agenda" is absolutely besides the point. You agreed that they can remove posts or threads if they want to.

Your complaint is simply an non-issue. It's really that simple.

Why you're getting flags for this non-issue is also beyond me.

Regards,

Mike
edit on 30/10/10 by JustMike because: bb coding needed fixing. And typos. Always the typos.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
You'll notice, I hope, that the thread is still open.

I'll be straight up honest...

I really hate these sort of threads. No proof is ever forwarded, only vague accusations. I'm going to guess that nothing resembling proof will ever be put forward.

I hate these posts too.

SILO: As a member - this too is my site. The admin here do NOT question my loyalty. The fact that you expect me to even respond to YOURE questioning it... I wouldnt waste my time with you to prove anything.

I would like to point out however, youre fighting for someone that ran like hell when an admin asked for evidence. Because youre too busy questioning me. Youre a joke and probably the OP themselves for no one else would be dumb enough to have taken youre stance on this. Thats not being mean - THATS BEING HONEST.

Speaker of the truth! Even if and when it stings a bit.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Angy trolls rejoining under new user names , absurdly ridiculous claims typed drunkenly into keyboards and OP s where every other word is a circumvention of censors . These treads have a habit of disappearing quickly and good riddance . Go Mods
edit on 30-10-2010 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

Hey Brian - I'm the first to reply to your thread.

Does that effect the views?

-m0r

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATS4dummies
How's that for PUT UP or SHUT UP? Hmmm.... ?

Not very good at all. You linked to a post that linked to a thread that had been deleted. Happens all the time for various reasons.

But your original claim was that ATS was making threads in opposition their the ATS agenda (whatever that is) visible to some and not others:

Originally posted by ATS4dummies
If one makes a thread which is in opposition to whatever the agenda is, here at this forum, It can be altered to be visible to the Author, but made completely invisible to anyone else with a different IP domain.

Maybe it was deleted because there are 50 similar threads? Did you ask the OP why his thread was deleted?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well thanks to the bull dogs for recognizing I now have proof.

You can go ahead say how much you hate these threads all you want.

Proof is proof. Seeya!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Is this a New Game?

Find the hidden thread?

:yawn:

link   
reply to post by briantaylor

How does a member see how many VIEWS they get on a thread?! I never knew that was possible.

If you are talking about flags...then all that means is you didn't reach members. It happens to me. I think you guys will jump at some of my threads and never has any taken off. Nothing to be upset about.

link   
reply to post by Myendica

Its a new govt black project..Stealth threads

edit on 30-10-2010 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
No, the new game is to say your purpose for existence is truth, and then to hide it. (Apparently)
edit on 30-10-2010 by ATS4dummies because: typo

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ATS4dummies

I Have confirmed ATS management hides threads if they want to.,

You'll have to do a little better than that.

The thread in question was actually started by one of ATS's very own Super Moderators [Gazrok], only to have later been trashed as it became little more than a platform for a returning multi-time banned former member seeking to promote both his site And to perpetuate known hoaxes.

Threads are not hidden due to any sort of "Agenda", but occasionally threads are trashed when they violate the terms and conditions, are merely spamming or promoting one's website, if they become little more than member bashing member, or if they go so far off track that there's no hope of them ever returning to the original topic

... but Carry On ... as you're likely to do anyway.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Hay iamsupermanv2. If you go to MyATS you'll see that your threads and how many views they have are listed.

I'm not taking a side here with the whole hidden threads thing - just telling you how to check the views on your thread.

-m0r

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join