It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture-Phone Post from anonymous (funnel cloud forming)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
Holy #e!!!! I'm surprised at the quality. Does the image already come in at a certain height and width? When is SO going to start booking talk shows for revolutionizing BB's?

im surprised at the quality too. i took it with a program called FlexiCam Pro(It runs on symbian OS for those of you who know what that is). The quality of images with FlexiCam is astronomically better than the camera application supplied by Nokia.

btw, cool avatar Cosmo. "Hellllllllllllloooooooooooooo, lalala."

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Exellent work ATS!
for:

no.1 doing something no other site would think of,
no.2 being too brainy for their own good,
no.3 just being the best web place to be!

Carry on with the exellent work my friends!

Unfortunatly for me, I refuse a picture phone, lol...they drive me nuts... I can use them, but the added accessories take up too much batteries and the designers either deliberately forgot certain things like how to put the volume up of tones on some models or they literally went stupid...lol... so I'm sticking to the old nokia 3210 thanks...

And excellent picture of the funnel!...u are still alive...right?...

Phoenix

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Wow, this is such a great feature. I am so glad I joined ATS, because this unique feature makes it that much better of a message board. I applaude any one who helped with this great idea. Keep on coming up with more great ideas like this one and ATS will become even better.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Did the funnel ever touch down?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf Did the funnel ever touch down?
nope. never became a tornado

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Oh man, that is fantastic! Great pic, chrisnolefan!

p.s. COLDPLAY IS AWESOME!

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
i dont thik yous is a funnle cloud, one the sky isnt dark enough, 2 its kinda lumpy, 3 it doesnt look like it has rotation which would give it a smother aperaence.

this is funnle clouds. yours looks too lumpy
maybe its just a roll cloud. and trust me ivee seen quite a few nados in my life.

[edit on 11-7-2004 by KrazyIvan]

[edit on 11-7-2004 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
ouch... it must be real hard to do such thing. anyway, as NFL says "TOUCHDOWN"

dh

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Yeah - excellent picture, but do provenance and method collide?

The cell phone companies claim that to deal with the clamour for picture and video messaging, thousands upon thousands of new cell towers need to be erected worldwide
Many of us who live in cities are well aware of cell towers appearing on every street corner, large arrays appearing on the urban freeways, disguised as trees and hidden in gas station forecourts
Overkill and huge numbers promised
Many sensitives are suffering symptoms from proximity to these overcrowding frequencies that appear to delight in appearing on appartment blocks, near to schools, on hospitals, in residential areas
While attributed to the microwave carriers, are we attributing too much to the explained purpose of all these towers
What if they were beaming Extremely Low Frequency waves, or HAARP waves globally
After all there are reports of towers springing up in remote areas of eg Africa where hardly anyone owns a cell phone
The provenance of this funnel cloud - now what is that? How do we explain the emergence of such dramatic phenomena? Perhaps through the medium it's tranmitted
Perhaps the sender would like to explain the lie of the land there
Perhaps before I talk myself in to a hole here this line of argument should be examined
educate-yourself.org...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Not sure what all that is about dh, but ill answer your question in the last paragraph. The region is hilly but that exact area where the picture was taken is relatively flat.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Chris... this might sound like an odd question but could you actually see the rotation? The reason I ask is that while it has a cone type appearance to me it doesn't appear to be a true funnel cloud. I know I have seen many clouds that from a distance looked suspicious but the more you saw them the more you realized they weren't tornadic. Maybe the picture doesn't do it justice. Am I wrong on this?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I think the picture didnt turn out true. It was between 1/4 and 1/3 mile away. Ive always been intrigued by weather, so ive studied it a lot. There was rotation, so im almost positive it was a developing funnel cloud.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Exelent Pic!!!!

but im telling you, if i saw that thing i wouldn't be stood there fumbling around with my phone cam....i'd be runing 90 mph in the other direction!

[edit on 19-2-2005 by Terra Bane]

[edit on 19-2-2005 by Terra Bane]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join