It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We the First Intelligent being’s of Earth?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

Evolution, how does it work? Let me show you -

There are "three" groups (actually more if you want to include Native Americans and other sub groups) as you say, of human facial features because, simply, there are many geographic features that call for the people ( or other animals ) living there to evolve them. African tribes were out every single moment of their lives in the sun, so they developed broad noses to reflect the sun ( this is also seen in Africa's big cats ), dark skin ( due to the loss of hair with the intense sun killing off the bearers of any lighter skinned people ), and oily hair ( protection from insects and sun alike).

As humans migrated from Africa and the Middle East to more temperate and less sun beaten parts of the globe, the carriers of the lighter skinned gene flourished. With the invention of agriculture that allowed humans to build houses and remain indoors more often, this change was amplified. Different subgroups mingled with other sub groups, creating different hair colors and eye colors from the scant people already there.

No "genetic manipulation", no "outside influence". Just good ole fashioned evolution that is still shaping how humans look today.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ScarletNyx

Originally posted by ScarletNyx
Hunny, a billion years ago we barely had a breathable atmosphere...

Just about right......AT one billion years ago. BUT, from 3.5 Billion years old (Earth age) until today, at ~4.5 Billion, is a LONG time. Last billion years saw a major "snow-ball" period, early on....then some more evolution after that ended. Once we take into account the huge extinction event of ~250-205 million years ago, there is a stretch of time between ~200 million ago, and the asteroid impact at ~67 million ago. That's 133 million years of relative stability. Compare to how long we have been around.....even our most distant ancestors, on the evolutionary tree, span about ~4 million or so.

Here's a handy timeline to consider:

math.ucr.edu...
edit on 31 October 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thanks for the timeline! I've been looking for something like this in a simple format for awhile.

And I will concede that there are stretches of history with little or no activity going on. ET could have visited during this time with no documentation, but unless they needed minerals or a waystation they wouldn't have stayed long. I'm not going to stay long on a highly active volcanic island no matter how badly my race needs a Texaco and a Wendy's in the same location.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Iv often thought this. It happend with mammals so it it could of happend with other species.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Iv often thought this. It happend with mammals so it it could of happend with other species.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ScarletNyx

Fair point, and I am not looking to diminish human history in any way I am merely speculating about it as a possibility.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
just to make u think the earth is approx. 4.9 billion years old and the first single celled organisms came around 3 billion years ago, however this is all there was for around 2 billion years which leaves 2 billions years for organsims to become as complex as us, approx. but we have around 50 trillion cells in our body, now imagine that. it would be too much of a jump really for something as complex or infact a fraction of our complexity to evolve in such a short time and then completely be eradicated so there is no known trace seen as we haven't been able to find any trace of anything more complex than a few crustaeceans as far back as 600million years. however i do agree in a way with ur theory, as mine is quite similar but the intelligent life didnt come from our planet, they came from a different planet, they helped create conditions for life to form on our planet such as the moon and the correct air mixture, basically what we think we can do with mars in the distant future. if u would like me to make a thread of this theory let me know seen as its quite valid in my opinion, and u can coment on what u think and also ill describe it in more theory.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hmm, sorry to be late to the show here but here is an idea if you are still interested three years on,.
As you know there is now supporting evidence in the form of chemical trace's that life may have evolved very soon after the earth (4.25 billion years old and cooled about 3.9 billion years ago) cooled and there is evidence of liquid water on the surface at this time, Now every 650 million years or so the entire surface of the earth is more or less resurfaced through erosion and geological activity, If you GOOGLE Snow ball earth theory, there is a theory that the earth froze over completely several time's even to the equator in a time ranging from 2.25 billion too 750 million years ago, there may have been intermediate warm period's and life could have evolved only for all trace to be lost in any of those though the deep ocean strata would be the place to look for such and there is currently no proof of any, also there is the period before the 2.25 billion year beginning of the global ice age's and that is a gargantuan 1.65 billion year period, now lets put into perspective our point in the frame here.
It is currently believed that only 650 million years ago the first multi-celled organisms evolved from single celled life that was here for 3.35 billion years before that without any leap from single celled life.
The point is we do not know, I personally do believe there may have been entire evolutionary ecosystems but if we could see them they would look like alien life as except for hardy single celled life nothing of them survived to contribute to us - unless that is were the UFO occupants began and did they ever tinker with our DNA?.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join