It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We the First Intelligent being’s of Earth?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The “pre-primate” theory.

I read somewhere the other day that the Earth, our nice pretty little blue planet, is approximately 4.5 billion years old yet humans have only been about for 200,000 years and as we appear now for only 50,000 years. Now yes I would imagine that the precise figures vary from source to source, the point is however that we have been about for a relatively insignificant amount of time when put in the contest of the history of our planet rather that just our species. I done some digging on wiki (not the best source, I know) but apparently the evolutionary history of primates goes back 65 slightly more significant but still we still cannot claim to have been here since the dawn of time.

This got me thinking, could it be possible that we, the “homo sapiens” are not in fact the first “intelligent being” to grace this little blue planet. Could it not be the case that even within the last billion years of the Earth’s history there has been at least one other advanced race such as ourselves native to the Earth. By that I mean another carbon based life form that has evolved out of the primordial soup into an intelligent being capable of developing technology and civilised societies, which does not necessarily have to appear same as our own.

By no means would these being necessary have to be evolved form primates like ourselves, indeed the possibilities for exact genetic composite of this “pre-primate” species could be endless. They may have evolved faster than us and perhaps even have been more technologically advanced. It is also possible that they were wiped out in some kind of apocalyptic event that means we cannot find any trace of them, or perhaps they became so advanced that they just simply left the earth altogether. It could also be that their ancestors still exist watching us in secret. I think many of you will agree that this hypothesis feeds into a number of our current conspiracies regarding UFO’s and supreme beings. I personally would not go as far as to say that they are now the UFO’s that visit us or the reptilians who control us. In any case I do not believe in the existence of reptilians and think that the UFO’s visitations are greatly exaggerated therefore if this “pre-primate” species did exist I believe they would be extinct by now. However all the same the possibility is intriguing surly for those who believe in such conspiracies.

We Humans will die out, I believe, long before the Earth will die. Therefore it is surly logical that after us another species will eventually evolve to develop an intelligence similar to our own and therefore is it not also logical that before us there was another intelligent life from who came before us. If we managed to evolve the way we have then why would it not be possible for another specie to have done so in the past or do so in the future.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I would say so. A simple time line of evolution shows that there really wasn't time enough for a second, seperate set of humans to exist. Through the fossil record it is obvious that it did indeed take us a good 4 billion years to reach the level we are at now, give or take a few million of course.

Although, as far as I am concerned...the search for intelligent life on Earth goes on...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
There is no intelligence on Earth right now, let alone in the past. We are destroying our biosphere, even though we know we are doing it.

If we were an intelligent species we wouldn't be destroying our biosphere. Oxygen production would be our #1 priority along with creating technology to enhance our planets magnetic field. Using John Kanzius's method of using radio waves on sea water to separate Hydrogen from Oxygen as a fuel source.......

I do not think you would find an alien species would find us intelligent. More likely they would find us as a plaque which devoured and destroyed our planet.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
There are "exotic" tribes mentioned in the hindu scriptures which they believe were a race of super humans and sub-race humans that lived near the mountains and forest away from regular humans.

One of them has a head of lion and a body of a human, another are half ape/human.

They are described as having highly advanced capabilities of flight, knowledge of other inhabited planets like Earth and others we cant imagine being able to do.

en.wikipedia.org...

These advance beings were supposed to have existed before the deluge/great flood and attributed to the so called "ancient wars" which are mentioned in ancient world myths of "Gods" warring with one another.

Persia, mesopotamia, china, european and egypt mythologies encircle around these gods and angels.
edit on 30-10-2010 by platipus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well lets see.... The Atlanteans, Lemurians and 24 before those
An Alien Interview was quite interesting.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I think the point you are making about there being no intelligent life on earth is a matter of opinion. Even if you do not believe that there is any intelligent life on earth just now, would you believe that there could have been in the past.

Also I am talking about a species native to earth, not a extraterrestrial.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Here's a topic recently created about hanuman (ape/human) beings mentioned in hindu scripture.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by platipus

Very interesting thread, however i am talking about a species native to the earth, nothing supernatural, nothing alien. I am asking if anyone has ever thought that it could be possible that before primates and humans there existed another form of intelligent life that is now long extinct

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The Suparnas (also known as Garudas) were probably the Falcon worshipping or falcon rearing Iranians who conquered the Naga territories of north west India. They could also be the Dragon worshiping Chinese people. They were arch-rivals of the Nagas. Garuda was a famous Suparna. They had the ability to fly in air without using an aircraft. Some literature tells that they had wings like that of Angels. Some believe that they were birds like the hawk or eagle. Some think that they were a race of intelligent Dragons in the family of Dinosaurs, that became extinct during the dawn of human civilizations.

Also included in the "exotic" tribes.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
There is no intelligence on Earth right now, let alone in the past. We are destroying our biosphere, even though we know we are doing it.

If we were an intelligent species we wouldn't be destroying our biosphere. Oxygen production would be our #1 priority along with creating technology to enhance our planets magnetic field. Using John Kanzius's method of using radio waves on sea water to separate Hydrogen from Oxygen as a fuel source.......

I do not think you would find an alien species would find us intelligent. More likely they would find us as a plaque which devoured and destroyed our planet.

Spot on. Intelligence is relative to the planet.

I'd say the intelligent species on this planet are the species who strive to maintain homeostasis.

There's more intelligence in an ant colony than there is in the entire human civilization.
Technology means nothing if the species destroys itself.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

........... Gaia hypothesis

And humans naturally maintain homeostasis provided they are relatively healthy.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
........... Gaia hypothesis
And humans naturally maintain homeostasis provided they are relatively healthy.

I meant homeostasis of the environment. And metabolic homeostasis: it's clear humans are steadily growing apart from this state, which is evident with all the disease and illness (biological and psychological).

I get the feeling Gaia Hypothesis is entirely accurate, but I'm no scientist. It would seem to me that there are undoubtedly organizations in the world who would want this theory erased from the books, whether it's true or not. BP comes to mind...
edit on 30-10-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by platipus

Very interesting thread, however i am talking about a species native to the earth, nothing supernatural, nothing alien. I am asking if anyone has ever thought that it could be possible that before primates and humans there existed another form of intelligent life that is now long extinct

I hear you....

In all seriousness my favorite theory is of Dinosaurs that developed into intelligent creatures [we see vague remnants of their civilizations in the form of OOPART] They were able to see the writing on the wall with the incoming comet/meteor that wacked the Earth [Destroying most of the physical evidence of them or their cultures in the process] Being advanced enough to launch the bulk out into to space and explore for another planet. They were here Hundreds of millions of years ago and they were around for hundreds of millions of years before that, compared to what? Our possible 1.5 to 3 million year history? I say that left them plenty of time to develop into a line of articulate and intelligent bipeds....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f67d61ae923b.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ca6fea6bd36.jpg[/atsimg]

Who knows maybe sometimes they came back and visited us in our past....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f4cd07f8d44.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 30-10-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Wow, that is creepy. Looks almost like the so-called "grays" could have evolved from that guy.
edit on 30-10-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by xiphias
reply to post by SLAYER69

Wow, that is creepy. Looks almost like the so-called "grays" could have evolved from that guy.

No evidence as of yet. Just a lot of speculation and interesting discussion while in the company of fellow students and a few pints many years ago.

S & F OP
I like thinking outside the box.

edit on 30-10-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Only our own hubris and arrogance would say it couldn't have happened...

4.5 billion years is a long time. How much of that time, however, has the Earth actually been habitable, though?

No evidence, other than myths and legends, has been found. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, certainly there's been time enough for evolution to have done something prior to our advent... If so, where did they go? If they were sufficiently advanced enough to leave, wouldn't there be...shouldn't there be...physical evidence of them? Other than lumps of what may or may not be technologically advanced items found imbedded in rocks and stratum...

It's an interesting, though extremely conjectural, subject.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I agree there isn’t a shred of evidence for any of this it’s just my hypothesis that it could be at the very least possible to suggest that at some point in the history of the earth there was another intelligent life form other than our own that graced the earth. Even if the earth wasn’t inhabitable for the first 2 billion years it could still have been possible for a intelligent life form to evolve if we consider that it took us 65 million years. Even if they were only about for say 1 million years, look at what the Homo sapiens has achieved in 200 000 years it’s reasonable to assume that within the span of 100 million years it would be possible for a advanced species to evolve, establish technology and then become completely extinct.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Certainly it is. But you always run up against the lack of evidence, by evidence I mean physical remains. If the race in question, we'll for the sake of conversation, assume some sort of "super-dinosaur", had left, or gone extinct after achieving a high degree of technological sophistication wouldn't there be some sort of remnants? Though, and I don't remember who said it, but a high enough degree of technological sophistication might render it unrecognizable by those less sophisticated. Magic.

We mightn't even know what we're looking at...

The only way to know for sure is to go looking for it. My thoughts are that if it did indeed happen, then they left this little blue orb, and headed out beyond beyond. So the signs will be there, not even time can erase all evidence.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
One of the issues contemporary science has when defining "intelligent" civilization is that the term "intelligent" is relative to whomever is describing the civilization. The Mayans barely get an intelligence stuck onto their name ( For their astronomy), but when we learned they killed humans in a ritualistic manner, some people shudder. The romans, who we model our very country after, thought it perfectly fine and dandy for an older male to court a younger male to "ease him into manhood". Nowadays, Chris Hansen would ask Rome to have a seat.

Are we the only civilization on this planet that has used higher knowledge to complete complex tasks that ease the hard way of living? God no. Will we be the last after we leave Earth/kill ourselves off? By no means.

There is something sacred and needed for a higher evolved life form to watch over the rest of the Earth. Sadly, it seems like so far in history that life force is doomed to destroy itself. Could humans stop that cycle if we use new tools like the Net to spread ideas and soften the right and the left? Hopefully. We must, for someone has to oversee and protect Earth from inside forces and outside alike.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
No we are not at least 1.1 million years ago a massive exodus took place from Mars and landed in the Western part of The United States of America. The Martonians built massive temples, structures and embedded their images that to this day can be seen. Magnificent etched statues exist and can be seen if you know where to look. The public has been misdirected of what really is there. ^Y^

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join