It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Safe Place Sign - Subliminal Reversal of Intent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Okay, a local news story about a male teacher accused of molesting a young, pre-teen female had a photo of a school sign which said, "Safe Place".

The sign is SHOCKING! It's "supposed" to show the school as a "Safe Place" where children don't get touched inappropriately (among other things). BUT! That's NOT what the picture says! My spouse concurs.

Look at the yellow sign here: nationalsafeplace.org...

Now, a female and a male see it differently at first - but - both see BOTH messages.

Female's first perspective - adult hugging child on shoulder blades.

Male's first perspective - adult male behind shorter female - doing a boobie grab!

I'd like to know if other members concur (agree).

We both saw it both ways; just, we saw it from our gender perspective one way before the other - both opposites.

Is the Safe Place sign sending an unintended erroneous subliminal to male teachers?

We've had several dozen male teachers molesting young girls in the last two years.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

No, that's a stupid Idea. And women molest children everyday, you're being sexist.
2ndline.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

That sign says; "Come on over to my house so I can grope your boobies" to me.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37ddad03e2ed.jpg[/atsimg]

People just don't think when they make these stupid logos.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Seeing the sign [in context] with the message, makes the meaning of the sign quite clear. Anyone, male or female, who identifies the sign to the message would not mistake the intent. There is no subliminal targeting of males here and molesting children is not triggered by a sign - regardless of what the sign says. Let's not blame-shift...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Wrong thread.
edit on 2010/10/30 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
To someone who isn't caught up in the paranoid illusion that there a paedophiles hiding in every corner the sign is perfectly normal, an adult hugging a child is not odd it's a natural human instinct to nurture and protect children

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'll chime in and write what I see
well I drew it out so you can see

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f52917500c24.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

On the flip side, now that I've actually seen the sign... :S

we don't have signs like that in Oz, no sir.

we have the yellow triangle, with a house with a smiley face and they're called "safety houses"

I thought you were talking about those signs.

the sign you posted a picture of is actually fairly creepy, it implies physical contact is part of the process, which is a bit weird. But I disagree with the male/female thing, that's still sexist.

-B.M

top topics

join