It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i can't shake off the feeling that we are an ant colony living in a glass box

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
if "god" exist.....

then we are equvialent to a giant ant colony living within a given glass box created by the "creator"

I used to have an ant colony in my room where I observed their behavior within a plastic box. You see, these ants who were breed within my plastic ant box only knows that the whole world revolves around the ant box. But little does the ant know, that this little box was made in china and it is not the whole world.......

but to this little ant that was born, this little chinese made box is the whole world to them...

equivalently, we humans in my currently feeling, are like little ant colonies living within a tiny box.

we feel that the world we know may be huge, limitless, and endless, but nontheless, we are still living in a see through box....

perhaps we humans, are like the little ants living within a plastic box.... for the enjoyment of the so called ""creator"""....

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
well , the answer to your wondering -sadly might never be answered,we can only settle for what makes sens and brings love and happiness ..i think i have almost givin up on trying to find out the answer ,it seems once i close one door another one opens and is harder to close .. i wish i could help you here ,but my question is how do you know the ants dont know the truth ?

you see it might be possible that some one out their might know what the real truth is

Nephi

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
if we are actually living within a see-through-plastic-box, for the enjoyment of the "so called god",

then the best thing we can do is to " _________ " ourselves.

Be it that we are a fish living in a tank or ant living within a see through plastic box... once we are "_______ ", it is over...

edit on 30-10-2010 by saabacura because: too extreme so I left the word out... guess for yourselves

edit on 30-10-2010 by saabacura because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2010 by saabacura because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

If only humans were that collective......!!

Eusociality

It would save us a h*ll of a lot of wars and suffering. We gotta give up freedom though.....

Peace
edit on 30-10-2010 by operation mindcrime because: fctkdghdifk

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

If what I said above actually happens, two things....

either it now becomes "god's" problem....

OR

if god never existed..... then it is No One's problem....

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
this thought of yours being it that you think were just put on earth for amusement shouldn't get in the way of you enjoying your life anyways.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Well maybe we are like the ants but if anything was watching us it would probably not be "the creator" because why would he make us just to watch us diddle ourselves lol? I could see us more so like rats that are trapped in a laboratory by some other race that watches us and does tests on us because we share similar qualities. In my opinion if there is something looking at us just for fun it definitely isn't God. But I'm not saying your wrong who knows maybe you're right.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
this is a thought/rant of mine.... see it as you may

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Actually its OUR problem, as a collective. We refuse to see it as it is. Whether we are ants, or a collective so called more intelligent then ants, we sure dont know how to show it. We as a collective are discombobulated, ill informed, and confused, and I would rather be an ant at this point, because at least then their working as a team.

You know what happened to ants when children realized they can control then in their own environment? They burned them alive.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I started asking questions like these about 30 years ago and it's quite a relief to find that others have the same thoughts running through their heads.

Are we some kind of petri dish type experiment being observed?

Is this all a dream and we'll eventually wake up and if we do, where will I really be and who am I really?

Is this all some kind of holodeck where 80 years will pass in just an hour of 'real' time and I'm just on my lunch break in the real reality?

Those were the kind of questions I asked as a child and without the internet to help with answers I used to spend hours in the local library but it only had limited information available. Since using the internet I have a new book list that will take me several lifetimes to read!

I spent years looking for answers as to who we really are and why we're really here.... maybe it is all just coincidence but the further I dig, for answers, the more questions there are so although I love looking at all kinds of information I've become resigned to the fact that I may never know, at least, not in this lifetime/reality.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I just hope we don't have a giant magnifying glass pointed at us right now. Just saying.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
then are we living due to whimsical god

new topics

top topics

join