It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Plea to Video Makers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
This is my very first thread on ATS, I finally got my 20 contributions up.
(Mods; if this is in wrong place please move.)

First of all let me say this.

I know there are many people out there who are putting their heart and soul into trying to educate and inform the public about issues that threaten our freedom, our health, our quality of life and our living standards by making videos and putting them on YouTube etc. I can appreciate that nearly all these people are putting their money where their mouth is into the bargain and many are slowly going broke in the process so believe me when I say this, I am trying say something positive to them but,

please, please, please, please could you not drown out what people in your video are saying with music.

I have watched heaps of videos off YouTube and elsewhere and been frustrated to the point of getting very angry.

These days as soon as it become apparent the video is murdered with music, I just turn if off. I just cannot listen to two competing sounds at once. More importantly and probably most importantly, it’s hard enough to get sheeple who are so trusting of their government, the media and big business to watch conspiracy type videos as it is, without giving them an excuse early in the video to mentally switch off because of the overbearing music. By killing videos with music you are giving viewers an excuse to say “I can’t hear what their sayin; forget it.”

Think of it this way; there are hundreds of brain dead programs on TV all of which are so devoid of interest and content that they have to be propped up with music. Do you want your audience to think the same about your video?

You are trying to get a message out, make it easy for your audience to get your message.

Filming videos in wobblyvision is nearly as bad but that's another issue.

I want to thank video makers for their work and their contribution to trying to keep us all free and healthy. I hope I haven't sounded like I'm just whinging, but many videos are hard enough to listen to as it is without the noisic over the top of it.

Thank you for listening.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bussoboy

Same goes for any "OMG PROOF" videos of (insert topic) here. As soon as you add fancy music to make your video more Youtube friendly to the non-interested, I lose interest.

Interestingly...

Look out, another Perth member on the loose!! Oo

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Are you saying remove music completely or use it in a more subtle way? You can use music well since it conveys pure emotion. Haha obviously I'm not saying whack some dark psytrance or breakcore over the video but good subtle beats or ambient can keep the flow of the video going smoothly. Personally I find it adds to the video if done well.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
To be fair to the video makers a lot of the time a video will sound great when you are editing it on your pc / mac but when you upload it to youtube it gets compressed and the speech / music mix together because of the lack of audio definition.
If I'm posting a video I will always watch it on youtube and re-edit it afterwards

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by strangequark

I dont like music of any volume as it competes with dialogue and makes the dialogue harder to hear and catch key words and phrases etc. Music in videos is very distracting, annoying and makes it very difficult to hear what is said. Any video with subject matter of the sort I refer to in my thread, is always a good video by definition if there is no music at all.

In one of the OMG (911) videos that was posted on ATS recently; was one from pilots for 911 truth, although incomplete was excellent. No music, good audo quality and no wobbly vision, very watchable.

......... No, no, I don't need a hearing aid as I'm not deaf and hearing aids do not fix this kind of problem anyway, My wife who is def will tell you that.

cheers

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I know this getting of topic a bit does anyone know of some software I can use to take music out of videos? and is there any software for levelling out the voulme making in a batch of videos?

thanks for any help you can offer.

cheers

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bussoboy

I hear where you are coming from bussoboy. I stop watching lots of YouTube videos because of their crappy noisy music they play. Half the time you can't hear what the person is saying because of the music.

I don't like poor video quality either, sometimes you can't see what is really going on. Half the time when someone posts that they just shot a video of a ufo, their video is grainy, too dark, or jittery and you are just waisting your time watching their video, especially if they have some crappy music blaring away in the background that has nothing what so ever to do with the video footage.
edit on 31-10-2010 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

top topics

join