It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crack In Michigan is Growing, Whats Causing it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
At least this what the youtube videos are showing
www.youtube.com...#! (October 29, 2010)
www.youtube.com...

There are more videos of it
The newer video is the first video dated October 29, 2010

I think ATS street view should take a look in Michigan there's something happening over there, personally this crack wasn't formed by an earth quack since in the first video the guy is explaining it

Some are saying this could be the start of a Mid continental rift

Anyone have any thoughts?

edit on 30-10-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
We just watched "10.5 Apocalypse" last weekend. This so looks like the movie only in slow motion. In the movie the crack headed for a nuclear reactor (they diverted crack away from it).

But in the end they could not stop the crack from hitting the Gulf Coast. Glad we moved a couple years ago somewhere high above sea level.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Where is it going? Can it be stopped? Thanks for that latest video OP

I googled "The Crack in the World" and found the full length movie on Youtoob

1965. Summary from IMDB: Dr. Steven Sorenson (Andrews) plans to tap the geothermal energy of the Earth's interior by means of a thermonuclear device detonated deep within the Earth. Despite dire warnings by fellow scientist Ted Rampian (Moore), Dr Sorenson proceeds with the experiment after secretly learning that he is terminally ill. This experiment causes a crack to form and grow within the earth's crust, which threatens to split the earth in two if it is not stopped in time.

video.google.com...#

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Thank you for this post.

Incredible. First the Indonesian volcano, then the two volcano's in Russia. Lot's of moderate seismic activity going on around the globe.

I remember seeing an article or post, don't really remember, about this awhile ago. The crack wasn't nearly that long and it's obviously moving further apart. Amazing.

Thanks again for this post, I love this stuff.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
It really doesn't look tooooo deep for such an area of movement. You'd expect if the earths plates were sliding apart that it would be a very deep hollow, but he was stepping in it at points.

I wonder if it's a natural event or if it's due to something man made near by, that is stressing the upper surface...

Interesting!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
this guy made some sense.....

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

The comments are interesting but all I see is a crack.

Some people think it's a crack in the continental rift. I don't know about that. I would rather see proper scientific analysis of this crack than hear a crackpot make baseless claims.

new topics

top topics

join