It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Mainstream News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Has anyone notice that some of the threads created here,linked to here, or otherwise mentioned here have
made their way to Main Stream Media within 3 to 4 days or so? I have been reading this site for some years
and only became a member in spring of this year. But as of late, I am noticing topics/alt news/consp news
quickly makes it way to FOX,CNN,NBC,NPR, etc. Now to be true, there are certain subjects that won't even
be analyzed or even mentioned(Yet), due to their troublesome and volatile nature. But it is rather apparent to me
that the more "Alternative" News has been becoming welcome in MSM.I think this is a wonderful step in the right direction, and the direct results of the internet. Many people are smarter than the "Greatest Common Denominator"
angle that has been the general aim of MSM for decades. Because of this, many viewers choose to read, research,
substantiate, and conduct their own conclusions. It appears the MSM are finally accepting this, and taking the
necessary risks to accommodate the current level of awareness of their viewers. I still think that they themselves
are behind on the learning curve, but I feel that it is more open to new ideas and thoughts than I have seen in the
past.It may be "Too little,too late" but being an optimist, I am happy too see a step in the right direction.
There are too many unpaid,unbridled, and therefore uncontrollable journalists out there to contend with now.
MSM must move away from being a bunch of paid propaganda lackies, or they will eventually find themselves
in the bin with the "45 RPM,33RPM,and other outdated formats." Cheers to ATS.....Wildmanimal

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I have noticed the recent change as well. For instance the 1928 time traveler piece that showed up on yahoo a few days after I saw it here. I'm glad to see it go the other way... When I first started reading stuff on this site it seemed like everybody was posting stuff that was already posted on an MSM outlet, so I almost stopped coming here.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xenthuin

Thanks for the reply,,,If I wasn't so lazy, I would provide links similar to what you have just mentioned.

But to any ATS members who have been paying attention, it would only be redundant anyway.

I was just casting a line to see if there are any other fish in the pond who have noticed.

There were also a few posts about irregular Sunset/Sunrise and Moonrise/Moonset angles and waypoints.

I have noticed something irregular about that as well, but I refrain from commenting until I make calculations

firsthand with substantiated proof. Thanks for the reply......Wildmanimal
edit on 29-10-2010 by Wildmanimal because: typo

new topics

join