It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing portrait of the sun

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Wow, starred and flagged!

Thanks for sharing, I loved the pictures. In a couple of those photos, the sun looked so soft and huggable. Crazy to think about how much power we're actually seeing!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
And it's just a gaz ball (ok, a giant one)...
And there are more sun(s) across the universe... we are all some star's piece of # ... amazing !

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Magnificent. Simply magnificent.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
When viewing the sun in this way, it makes me wonder about the kinds of materials and techniques that could be used to build a probe to send there. Something that could survive in that environment (if only briefly), take some samples, images, etc. & send the data back to us.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Absolutely awesome. Someone should use these pictures as a size comparison with the Earth, It's always good to put our planet into perspective. I know there's hundreds of comparison pics out there, but these pics are just the best I've ever seen.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Amazing picture's, i'd urge you to check out this members post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And return for another look

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
A truly amazing picture. For fun, I loaded the picture into gimp and counted pixels across the suns disk. I got 839 pixels give or take a few. Fun to figure out that the space shuttle would need 110 orbits of earth to go around the sun or almost 7 days. Whew. That would be a long and interesting orbit.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Divine Strake asked for a size comparison with earth and I think it would be great to superimpose the earth at the correct scale and lined up side by side across the disk, if the photograper wouldn't mind.. That would put into perspective just how massive our sun really is. I get 7.6 pixels across for the earth compared to this picture for the sun.
edit on 30-10-2010 by jb1958 because: changed diameter to across for the earth

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
great pictures. throws random chaos theories of the universe out the window.
edit on 30-10-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenius
For some reason the last photo reminded me of a human egg.
Absolutely beautiful and amazing photos. Thank you for sharing.

you need to see a doctor.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I remember seeing an Earth-to-SOL size comparison on the Carl Sagan TV show called COSMOS. He showed a telescope close-up of a part of the Sun with a flare shooting into space. Not as beautiful as the photos that started this thread, but very good for circa 1980. It was amazing to see that the earth was just a little blue dot on the INSIDE of a typical solar flare. -cwm

Originally posted by jb1958
Divine Strake asked for a size comparison with earth and I think it would be great to superimpose the earth at the correct scale and lined up side by side across the disk, if the photograper wouldn't mind.. That would put into perspective just how massive our sun really is. I get 7.6 pixels across for the earth compared to this picture for the sun.
edit on 30-10-2010 by jb1958 because: changed diameter to across for the earth

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ouroborus2012

This is how I see it..

The solar system = an atom, the sun being the nucleus, the planets as the electrons. The atoms then make up the molecules (solar systems make up constellations, star clusters), which coalesce to create a galaxy, which is sort of like the cell. The cells then make up the neurons (galaxies form the superstructures) of the.. etheric god brain I call it.

So in my mind, the universe is just an even larger brain of some super complex being that was conceived at the point scientists call the big bang.

But to think of it as a brain in itself implies that there is also some sort of dimension that it lives in also..... O.o

Either that, or I'm completely insane

edit on 31-10-2010 by lateralus11235 because: added the picture,

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
A-MAZ-ING.

...and it feels like the EU theory.

thunderbolts.info...

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Amazing pictures thank you for posting them! Sure makes me feel small, which makes me think about what we're really doing here and what else is out there, which makes my head hurt

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

And.......We question "if there is a God"
Seeashrink

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
What begs the question,what is it?
This object on fire that has given us a chance for life.
What the hell is going on here?

Love this post.

edit on 31-10-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lateralus11235

No no, you're not insane. If you went so far as to posit an evolving eternal recurrence with not only a classical dimension, but also a multidimensional quantum one, operating within a non-local holographic framework, and then went so far as to suggest that our own mind and body is nothing more, or less, than a type of chip off the old block so to speak, maybe even the crown of an eternal cosmic evolutionary process, at this very moment in time, THEN we might be forced to say that you are totally insane.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lateralus11235
reply to post by Ouroborus2012

This is how I see it..

The solar system = an atom, the sun being the nucleus, the planets as the electrons. The atoms then make up the molecules (solar systems make up constellations, star clusters), which coalesce to create a galaxy, which is sort of like the cell. The cells then make up the neurons (galaxies form the superstructures) of the.. etheric god brain I call it.

So in my mind, the universe is just an even larger brain of some super complex being that was conceived at the point scientists call the big bang.

But to think of it as a brain in itself implies that there is also some sort of dimension that it lives in also..... O.o

Either that, or I'm completely insane

edit on 31-10-2010 by lateralus11235 because: added the picture,

ABSOLUTELY...

That's exactly what I was saying only, I didn't state it so eloquently! hehe

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for your thoughts.
I'm still floored and feel privileged to able to see these images, I believe everyone should see these images. It's hard to put it into words just awe inspiring.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
More from Alan Friedman collection.
Enjoy

[img]http://[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dcdd1354959a.jpg[/img]
Transit of Venus

[img]http://[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d0d9688eea6e.jpg[/img]

[img]http://[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26ca6302cec8.jpg[/img]

All rights reserved: By Alan Friedman

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join