It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am here because of an unexplained phone call

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hi, I just joined this forum because a couple of months ago I was awoken by my cell phone ringing. I picked it up too late and saw that I had a missed call from my home phone, which was in the other room. I was home alone and my kids were still asleep, but they couldn't have reached the phone anyway.
This really freaked me out. I don't know anyone that died recently so I was not comforted by the thought that one of my relatives was trying to contact me. I asked someone from experts.com and this was the reply I received:

"That my friend was rare indeed! You actually experienced a juxtaposition. You from another dimension partially getting in touch with you in this dimension. This happens on a more intangible level quite often. We think of it as deja vu, but the truth is that we exist in many dimensions at the same time. Your house is evidently on a power zone, or an energy surge went through it in order for that to occur. It is nothing to freak out about. In the future if this happens again contact me immediately. I'd like to know about the history of the house. Peace."

Ahura Z. Diliiza

I don't know about that explanaition. I don't know anything about that kind of stuff, but I do like that idea better than the thought of a ghost. I'm home alone with my little kids alot, because my husband works nights so I would love to find an explanation for this. I'm tired of thinking about it.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
If someone was using google voice this would be possible to do remotely.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well I have nothing helpful to add but that would freak me out too!

I wouldn't say that person's explanation is overaly out of the question either.

and if that person is right? Cooooooool!

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

how?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Welcome! That is super creepy. I might have a possible answer thats not as facinating as that, but it might help.

I remember a while back I used to use this application from either bored.com or ebaumsworld, and you could enter anyone's phone number, and use any phone number for what you wanted to show up as on the caller ID. You'd type some text of what you wanted to say, and when the person picked up, a creepy computer voice would say whatever you typed. I did this to my mom a few times so I know it works

Since you didn't get to answer the actual call it's hard to tell, but maybe it was just a friend playing a joke?
Either way, hope you figure it out, and once again welcome to ATS

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by casijones

Yea, I wish it were something like that, but I'm pretty sure it's not. Hardly anyone has my cell number, but my husband, and I know that he didn't do it. He's tired of me going on about it so if he had, he would have come clean by now.
Thanks for trying to help though.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Not sure where the thread is but there is one here about a persons mom receintly passed that called him the same way. Are you sure your not being contacted by a passed friend or loved one?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thorg

I've never had a close family member or friend die. I saw her thread, and it made me wonder if maybe this happens more often than we realise for some other reason. The call that she received was from her home phone too, she just happened to live at her parents house, so the call showed up as mom.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
maybe just a short circuit in the phone? you have a cat? they also sometimes play with phones,cables,buttons

tbh i would never tell someone with a Name like Ahura Z. Diliiza ..anything about my house

edit on 29-10-2010 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

no cat. yea, I don't plan to tell him anything else. I don't think my house is haunted. We moved here a few months ago and are renting a pretty new mobile home, untill we find a house. I've never really felt threatened here, and I've never heard of a haunted trailer.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by britt

Hello britt, thanks for sharing your experience. I find Ahura Z. Diliiza's explanation quite interesting. I've never heard this idea before, hope someone can elaborate or share research references.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

That would be nice. I found this site when I googled alternate dimensions.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
sometimes if someone calls from a restricted number, when you look at missed calls, it will show the most recent number you had missed the call from. sometimes the actual missed call you are seeing as the missed call, took place a day ago or so.. or perhaps this doesnt apply to your story, and it was an alternate dimensional you trying to tell you not to vote for so and so.. the voice message may not be able to go through.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I haven't heard that one yet. Thanks. And that's a good spin on the alt. dimension theory. Funny.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by britt
reply to post by casijones

Hardly anyone has my cell number, but my husband, and I know that he didn't do it.

Yikes! that makes it even creepier!

well good luck anyway

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
any friends with an android os phone? there is an app that lets you spoof phone numbers, so it could have been a bit of a practical joke.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by theuhstuf

Welcome!

Maybe someone is looking after you? Time to find some answers?

Actually I find the facts in your answer ok, who was behind the call I am not at all sure about, my guess would be a higher being looking after you.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good.

PS: Try to read this book Zhuan Falun: www.falundafa.org...

edit on 30-10-2010 by Gaussq because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I like the suggestion to the OP that it is a higher being looking after them, especially as I've just had a strange experience myself - loosely speaking along similar lines.

My doorbell started ringing continuously just an hour ago, as though someone really wanted to make sure I heard it. When I opened the door there was no-one there, but the front gate swung as though someone was leaving - but there was no-one in sight. Lol!

I don't feel at all freaked out by it, but I like the idea it might be someone I love saying hello from the other side, or a higher being taking care of me.

Now, had this happened during the night, as your experience did OP, it might well have affected me differently and caused me concern.

But the explanation you received about living in several dimensions is intriguing. I'll have a look at the site. Thanks for that!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Are unanswered calls to your home phone forwarded to your cell by any chance? That might explain it..?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

no, they aren't. my cell number isn't even programmed into my home phone.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join