It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bring On The Learning Revolution!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
A few months ago I created a thread entitled: Does School Kill Creativity? It focused on a talk given by Sir Ken Robinson at an annual TED Conference in which he proposed that the schooling system does, in some cases, stifle creativity.

In his latest talk he further explains this and goes on to propose that education systems around the world need to be revolutionised to fit the current trends.

In this poignant, funny follow-up to his fabled 2006 talk, Sir Ken Robinson makes the case for a radical shift from standardized schools to personalized learning -- creating conditions where kids' natural talents can flourish.

I know many on here thoroughly enjoyed the last video and so thought that this one also deserved it's own thread. So, what are your thoughts?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
As a student, too, I can agree, that schools kills cree aa ti vi tee
endless hours of boredom
sigh

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

You'll be getting a star and flag from me! This is why I come to ATS, excellent lecture, thanks for posting it. I like him very much and shall watch for him in future, and see if I can find his earlier talk too that you claim to have posted.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Why, thank you. Most Kind.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Hey there LF8 .

He did a lecture for that other fabulous organisation RSA.org too.

He`s a great speaker.

There is a nice range of interesting topics covered by RSA.org, with the animations adding a very distinctive touch.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Thank you VERY MUCH for adding that video

I have seen a few of these RSA videos in recent months but not his one and I thank you for adding it to the thread, it's brilliant. I'm sure I will watch it several more times in the next couple of days so it all sinks in. I hope others do too.

Cheers

top topics

join