It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghostwriter Spills Secrets On How Medical Manuscripts Get Made

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

An anonymous medical writer reveals to Phil Davis over at The Scholarly Kitchen exactly how the scientific sausage is made. Drug makers have the production of favorable articles about their wares down to a fine art. Study results are buffed. Marketing spin is applied. And the prestigious authors are picked to put their names on the resulting papers, like the cherry on top.

Source:

www.npr.org...

I know this is not Earth-shattering news, but I'm posting it simply to point out to our resident medical professionals who regularly post on ATS that there are valid reasons why people have a growing distrust for the information contained the medical journals. The drug companies have taken over the medical profession. Any medical professional that wants to argue this point with any sincerity, at least for me personally, will have a credibility issue. Just sayin....

How is the everyday person supposed to decipher the truth from the lies in the medical journals anymore?

If you don't like the source above, here's an older article from the New York Times with a specific case
relating to this:

www.nytimes.com...

join