It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Project: ATS goes to the Moon Mission 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Ok, so we have some incredibly intelligent people on this site from all walks of life and interests, I’m certainly not one of them.

This site is dedicated to finding the truth, why don’t we attempt to go and find it? Bounce some ideas around, get the ball in motion!

Is it possible?

A lot of answers to a lot of question could be answered by the collective knowledge and input of the Membership in order to create an ATS Moon probe.

Crazy?........ Hell YES!!!!! …ABSOLUTLEY INSANE but I’d donate to its cause.

Ok, it maybe an absolutely huge pipedream, but what if we could achieve that?

Any ideas people?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
........tumble weed slowly rolls past so slow it needs medicare.....

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Ok, so I had one too many vodkas last night.
I paid dearly for it this morning. A pile of cold sick welcomed my foot as I was getting out of bed.

Anyway, now sober and with a freshly washed foot, not that my feet are ever skanky or anything, I thought is an amateur mission to the moon really possible?

We can send up a digital camera into our orbit to some 20 miles high at the cost of around $150.

The ISS orbits around the Earth at around 180 and 280 miles, I've no idea at the cost of that but I can guess it somethng crazy.

What would it take to get the smallest, lightest payload into zero atmosphere in order to then guide that probe to and around the moon?

edit on 30-10-2010 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

Explanation:S&F!

Have a look at my thread here for some enlightening information!

TOPIC: Amish inspired, Volcano/Quake powered, Space launch systems! (by OmegaLogos) [ATS]

Its probably totally impractical but I'm interested in the engineering and technical details along these lines.
For the purposes of this thread lets say we were all Amish Astro-Barn Builders and we need to deliver a chicken into orbit!
How could we use low tech [springs,steam etc!] powered by tectonic and or vulcanic forces to achieve this end? Jules Verne type concepts backed by science only OK!

I provide specific details further down in that thread here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps!

top topics

join