It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Schools Hold UFO Crash Drills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

In a typical drill, a UFO crash incident is created, and police arrive to show 8- to 10-year-old pupils how to handle such a scenario, which includes gathering "wreckage," and the students are encouraged to share and write about the experience.

The SoCal Martial Law Alerts website reports that Victoria Shepherd, a teacher at the Sandford Primary School in the United Kingdom, was the organizer of a recent UFO exercise.

"The children didn't know what was going on," Shepherd said. "As they approached the crash site, we could see how amazed and perplexed they were. It was a fantastic first reaction."

Shepherd said police "helped the children secure the scene and talked about what to do in an emergency, how they gathered evidence and how to interview witnesses."

The ET crash drills, which have taken place since 2008, have been jointly organized by schools and law enforcement agencies.

Source

Wow, I find this hilarious to be honest!

I an understand doing drills that let you know how to handle dangerous situations (aka: fire drill, armed intruder drill, hazardous weather drill, ect.) But a drill on how to properly gather wreckage from a UFO? Why would the children be involved with the clean up???

Either way, interesting read.

Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

even more so,when you consider that a complete town in the USA has been instructing the schools to do exactly the same,WOW indeed(what are they training the people for?!!!)
do they know something we don't,something they have to get us ready for?.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The grownups don't want to have to put on their E.T. suits so they send the kids in to clean it up.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by vassili9876
reply to post by gatorboi117

even more so,when you consider that a complete town in the USA has been instructing the schools to do

Do you have a link for U.S. schools doing this as well? It sounds fascinating, I'd be interested to hear which areas participated, and if these areas have a concentration of UFO sightings.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I knew I wanted to live in the UK for a reason....

No, this is kind of... i dont know what to think of this xD In a way I think it's really funny, because they're training kids to gather wreckage? However, I'm wondering exactly what the motives behind this are... because it can't just be to 'learn how to interview witnesses'

I would've flipped my lid if they let us do this when I was in school

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Thank you for this post.

First I agree with everyone else. Having the children gather the wreckage? Seems a little absurd, who knows if it's radioactive or another strange and dangerous anomaly that we have yet to encounter. I'm surprised the parents of these children didn't squash this idea long before it came to be an actual drill.

I'm also curious as to what happened to disclosure. Obviously if you have a drill for something you believe it to be a legitimate threat so is society finally realizing that UFOs and ET's are real and now it's time to prepare ourselves...I am so confused..

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Obviously they aren't training children to collect crashed UFO debris. This is probably about getting the students to think about the possibility that extraterrestrial life could be visiting Earth, and making it more real for them. I know that this sort of UFO drill happens here in the U.S., as well as the U.K., because they had one at a school in my community several years ago. At least some of the children tended to believe it was real, at least at first. The idea of having such drills seems to be circulating in the educational profession. Will look for accounts of more instances of UFO drills in the U.S., and post here again. Ross

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Its a social experiment.
2nd

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
As far as I could tell, this wasn't more about preparing for UFO's as that is pretty ridiculous to officially plan for UFOs crashing when we have no true proof of existence...

What I gathered out of this (and I read a different, more in-depth article) was that the police and school organizations saw the recent media attention for UFOs, and of course this is an interesting topic for a young mind. While I think it's great they're exposing kids to the idea, I think it was just more convenient than other types of situations to expose children to.

Based on what I read the practices were more about how to approach a crime scene, take in the evidence (not TOUCHING or moving anything), and how to contact authorities in regards to a situation like this. They explained how it would be handled, and showed the kids what a mock scene looks like.

A non-violent UFO crash is a much better example than 6 bodies, strewn guns and bullets, blood and brains to practice scene investigation.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
sounds a lot like their bringing back the FIRE OFFICER'S GUIDE TO DISASTER CONTROL, by William M. Kramer & Charles W. Bahme. Published by Fire Engineering Books. In the second edition chapter 13 is titled "Enemy Attack and UFO Potential."

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kronos11

If there is any truth to this at all then it is total incompetence on the part of the organizers and they should all be fired from their posts. Anyone familiar with disaster preparedness operations would never, ever expose children to potential biological and/or radiological hazards by teaching them to collect evidence.

Ridiculous!
edit on 29/10/10 by FactFinder because: typo

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
As stated, this has been going on for a few years and has been covered on ATS before.

It's just a bit of fun for the kiddies, that's all. Why, only last week, my son had to go to school dressed as an Anglo-Saxon and they role played being such all day. doesn't mean the Government is planning to send us all back to an iron-age agrarian lifestyle....

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
As stated, this has been going on for a few years and has been covered on ATS before.

It's just a bit of fun for the kiddies, that's all. Why, only last week, my son had to go to school dressed as an Anglo-Saxon and they role played being such all day. doesn't mean the Government is planning to send us all back to an iron-age agrarian lifestyle....

I accept what you are saying, but (depending on their age) children might act out what they have been taught to do so if a small plane crashed near a school, is it possible to children would go to the scene and try to follow their training? Just some food for thought.

It might be unintentional, but some of the children might not view the class or experience as fun and games.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FactFinder

Well, there is the danger some kids might have difficulty seperating fact from fiction, which is where you hope you have responsible adults around to put everything into context.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by FactFinder

Well, there is the danger some kids might have difficulty separating fact from fiction, which is where you hope you have responsible adults around to put everything into context.

Ok. Thanks. I'm sorry if I sound so serious about this, but I am a US FEMA certified Disaster Preparedness Director and I would hate to see children anywhere near a disaster scene whether a UFO is involved or not.

For me, it's certainly not a game (especially if a UFO is involved) as they have been in the past.

The disbelieving Teachers and administrators may think they are just putting something (an unbelievable theme) into the mix to make the class interesting for them, but it can lead to serious consequences.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagula
the police and school organizations saw the recent media attention for UFOs, and of course this is an interesting topic for a young mind.

A non-violent UFO crash is a much better example than 6 bodies, strewn guns and bullets, blood and brains to practice scene investigation.

It is an interesting topic and that is why it should be treated seriously.

I can assure you that UFO crashes would be no less "graphic" and "horrible" than a typical murder scene. A typical motorcycle accident can involve separated limbs, brain matter and all the "graphic" disgust of a low budget horror film.

"Fallen Angels" (a little known term used when referring to an incident involving UFO's) and "Broken Arrows" (a term used when referring to incidents involving nuclear weapons grade materials) might be less gory, but potentially far more dangerous to a greater number of people.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I think I remember this story from a while back and I think it's being blown up wrongly here.

If memory serves me right the point was that the kids voted on a story based on something fantastic and UFO were top of the choices, the kids then built the UFO and then acted out the story of what if one landed.

It purely a social experiment based upon the things that kids think of, ie this was their idea and not a drill if you like created for them. I'll see if I can find the story, it was on the news etc and well covered.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

top topics

join