It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush Reveals He Thought United 93 Was Shot Down On His Orders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This is a bombshell.

For years the controversy surrounding Flight 93 has been one of the highly emotionally charged stories of 9/11, due to all of the conflicting evidence that left room to believe that flight 93 had indeed been shot down.

Former President George W. Bush initially thought United flight 93 -- which crashed into a field in Pennsylvania on September 11, 2001 -- was shot down by military jets on his orders. The bombshell comes from his new memoir Decision Points set for publication next month.
According to excerpts seen by Drudge Report, Bush reveals that after the first two planes crashed into the World Trade Center, he gave the order to shoot down any more suspected hijacked jets.
However, the order could not be carried out before a hijacked plane crashed into The Pentagon. And the former president later learned it was passengers who caused flight 93 to crash. Many believe the hijackers were trying to make their way to the White House.

www.opposingviews.com...

Military Whistleblower Claims She Witnessed Flight 93 Shootdown Order
www.prisonplanet.com...

Many Eyewitnesses Saw Flight 93
911research.wtc7.net...

Crashing Plane Leaves Debris Field Miles Wide
911research.wtc7.net...

Flight 93 Eyewitness Accounts
flight93crash.com...
edit on 29-10-2010 by burntheships because: format

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Good find!
Not that it's really a surprise..my guess is eventually the Govt' in an attempt to quell "conspiracy theories", will claim that it was indeed shot down, and tower 7 was pre-rigged with explosives for the event of a "terrorist attack".
edit on 29-10-2010 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Apparently Drudge report broke the story, its flooding the mainstream news.
You may be right, one has to wonder about the timing of this. And the implications, huge.

George Bush Thought 9/11 Plane Had Been Shot Down On His Orders

Memoirs reveal former US president gave order to shoot down any hijacked planes before United Airlines flight 93 crashed
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
How the heck is this a bombshell? The 9/11 Commission report already reported years ago that when flight 93 crashed people believed at first that it had been shot down. Namely, becuase by that time Bush had already issued an order that the hijacked planes be shot down and they didn't know what had happened to it yet.

Did you even read the 9/11 commission report? How can you keep insisting the report is a lie when you don't even know what the lies supposedly even are?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
How can you keep insisting the report is a lie when you don't even know what the lies supposedly even are?

Show me where I said that?
Oh, and how about if you tell me why mainstream news is talking about this story now?

Condoleeza Rice ordered George Bush to stay away from Washington after the 9/11 attacks before hanging up the phone on him, she has revealed.
The former national security adviser told the U.S. President, who was in Florida, not to return to the White House because it was a potential terrorist target.
She told a Channel 4 documentary to be screened next Saturday, on the ninth anniversary of the attacks: 'The President got on the phone and he said: "I'm coming back." 'I said: "You cannot come back here. The United States of America is under attack, you have to go to safety. We don't know what is going on here."

Miss Rice said she did not believe the U.S. had much more capacity to withstand shocks after two planes slammed into the World Trade Center

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

And still, the official story is that flight 93 crashed.
www.cbc.ca...
edit on 29-10-2010 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I still dont see how shooting down Flight 93 fits into ANYTHING for a conspiracy. About the only thing I can see is this:

Flight 93 really was hijacked by suicidal AQ terrorists working with those cells in NYC and DC, and rather than letting it hit another target it was shot down in self defence, and the only, ONLY reason why they would "cover it up" would be to spare the people of trying to explain why they had to make the decision to bring down a large airliner with people on board. Try and be the one to come out on national and international TV and admit that you just gave the order to shoot down a plane, just after citizens are still reeling from the events in DC and NYC. Would you want to admit to that misery, that three planes were used as weapons killing thousands, and so they went shot a fourth one down? Thats about how far I would go with any "shoot down" theory.

However, as there is no evidence of a shoot down, well then, the point is mute. It crashed in a nosedive at high speed.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Oh, and how about if you tell me why mainstream news is talking about this story now?

because he just published it in his book and spoke about it
it's not breaking news - Drudge reported it, but so could anyone else that listened to what he was saying the other day - jeez
Kill this thread !

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustTheFacts

because he just published it in his book and spoke about it
it's not breaking news - Drudge reported it, but so could anyone else that listened to what he was saying the other day - jeez
Kill this thread !

Yep. What JustTheFacts said.

Decision Points

Product Description

President George W. Bush describes the critical decisions of his presidency and personal life.

Decision Points is the extraordinary memoir of America’s 43rd president. Shattering the conventions of political autobiography, George W. Bush offers a strikingly candid journey through the defining decisions of his life.

In gripping, never-before-heard detail, President Bush brings readers inside the Texas Governor’s Mansion on the night of the hotly contested 2000 election; aboard Air Force One on 9/11, in the hours after America’s most devastating attack since Pearl Harbor; at the head of the table in the Situation Room in the moments before launching the war in Iraq; and behind the Oval Office desk for his historic and controversial decisions on the financial crisis, Hurricane Katrina, Afghanistan, Iran, and other issues that have shaped the first decade of the 21st century.

President Bush writes honestly and directly about his flaws and mistakes, as well as his accomplishments reforming education, treating HIV/AIDS in Africa, and safeguarding the country amid chilling warnings of additional terrorist attacks. He also offers intimate new details on his decision to quit drinking, discovery of faith, and relationship with his family.

A groundbreaking new brand of memoir, Decision Points will captivate supporters, surprise critics, and change perspectives on one of the most consequential eras in American history – and the man at the center of events.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I guess this is a test for all the government shills out there. Do you A) stick to the official story, or B) believe what your "elected" (lol) officials tell you.

It's a tough one. On one hand, Bush is no longer president, so he's not technically an official any longer, but on the other hand, he was the person who would most likely know the "official" story at the time.

I'm guessing the government shills will stick to the official story, since Bush is going down hill, this'll just further give them reason to pretend like they didn't vote for him twice and will lie and say that they thought he was a bad leader from the beginning.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Not a bombshell...but I thought it was when I heard about this the other day.

Check it out. Full news story describing these orders 9/16/2001

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
I still dont see how shooting down Flight 93 fits into ANYTHING for a conspiracy. About the only thing I can see is this:

Flight 93 really was hijacked by suicidal AQ terrorists working with those cells in NYC and DC, and rather than letting it hit another target it was shot down in self defence, and the only, ONLY reason why they would "cover it up" would be to spare the people of trying to explain why they had to make the decision to bring down a large airliner with people on board. Try and be the one to come out on national and international TV and admit that you just gave the order to shoot down a plane, just after citizens are still reeling from the events in DC and NYC. Would you want to admit to that misery, that three planes were used as weapons killing thousands, and so they went shot a fourth one down? Thats about how far I would go with any "shoot down" theory.

However, as there is no evidence of a shoot down, well then, the point is mute. It crashed in a nosedive at high speed.

Or, you can try and be the one to come out on national and international TV and make up some story how the passengers bravely broke into the cockpit, thwarted the attack on the white house, and paid the ultimate price by crashing into an open field. Did ya forget that whole story? You can watch the movie United 93 in case you need to beef up on the "facts." So you are trying to say it is hard to tell the truth that the plane had to be shot down, so instead they make up some type of Hollywood plot to tell the American public, and you are okay with this? And yet you say you don't know how this fits into a conspiracy? I'm wondering how you fit into a conspiracy website if you can't even see this as a conspiracy.

No evidence of a shoot down, how about no evidence of a plane. Where's the plane at? Aside from a few small pieces of metal (proof it was blown out of the sky), where is the plane?

Oh, but then again, you can't see how this fits into a conspiracy, so why am I even asking you.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Good additon that write up.

Another strange twist, it seems that this slow release of info leading up to ?
Even as President Bush reveals this, its like a slow motion anti climatic acknowledgment of the reality.
edit on 30-10-2010 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Yeah I agree. Even old events can be rehashed for a purpose. Maybe Bush is trying to tell us that the military covered it up and he was not allowed to talk about it. This might be his way of letting us know. Certainly the 9/11 commission has already stated that the NORAD evidence conflicts with the plane crashing and jet fighters that were supposed 30 minutes away or something were actually on the aircraft.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Lord Jules

As terrible as it is, that picture represents what many of us fear and dread.
The reality of the fate of flight 93. the terrible reality....

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Well I just answered why they would lie about it. After the tragic events in NYC and DC, with the country in shock and mourning, would you be willing to add the misery and admit that we purposly shot down Flight 93, and create even more anger and suffering? Why not create a more heroic version of events so that people could have a slight glimmer of hope? I know its wrong or deceptive to try to do something like that. But ok, fine, lets say they admitted to a shoot down. I can guarantee it 100% or your money back, that all of the truthers would be up in arms going, AHA!! They admitted to shooting down Flight 93! This means there IS a cover up and they were all in on it!!! Hang Bush and Cheney! They murdered the poor passengers from Flight 93!

Where was the plane? Obliterated into confetti. Did you miss all the photos of aircraft debris, the engines, the shards of aircraft, landing gear, a larger piece of the fuselage? Oh wait, let me guess, it was planted right? Its amazing to watch truthers have everything covered to keep their conspiracy alive. First you are convinced that the plane is missing and didnt crash, then when shown debris, woops, you will claim it was planted. All the bases covered, and therefore ANY introduction of any actual evidence that counters your beliefs is invalid unless it is an out and out admission of guilt or proof that Bush and Co and our evil US NWO govt is behind it. I doubt if God Himself came down and told you that no planes were shot down, and it was indeed the work of radicalized Islamic terrorists, you would believe He is a part of the grand conspiracy as well. I know very well how the truther mind works. I've seen it in action for the last 5 years.

That crater? I see scraps of aircraft, burned debris. Heck would you like to see aircraft debris at Shanksville? I can show you a whole bunch of it! But I know it is pointless really, so why should I bother, when I know the response already.

Ok, so why exactly would they shoot down Flight 93 and then cover it up, and then cover it up again? Please explain? Was this some sinister NWO/Mossad/Illuminotti/Bush/Cheney/Mickey Mouse Club plot for world domination?

So if you dont theink the plane crashed, then what happened to it, and then explain how a shoot down would fit?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

All you need to do is ask yourself why you make us suffer with your superbly naive comments on the situation, and outright lies...no pieces or any evidence of plane equals shot down at least,

NO evidence for any part of the story at all, yet you believe every bit of it...Rational Thinker is the most ironic part of the post , amazingly...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

No evidence of a shoot down, how about no evidence of a plane. Where's the plane at? Aside from a few small pieces of metal (proof it was blown out of the sky), where is the plane?

How about here.....

Looks lot like aircraft debris.....

Here have entire construction bin full of aircraft debris

See if do research rather than posting stupid comments can really learn a lot...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
"No evidence of a shoot down, how about no evidence of a plane. Where's the plane at? Aside from a few small pieces of metal (proof it was blown out of the sky), where is the plane?"

Yeah, I have moron written on my forehead; I'm going to trust some stupid looking fake photos over a trained on scene real time journalist who stated there was absolutely no evidence of a commercial aircraft at the scene. Where was there evidence of a plane at any of the three attack locations? It's amazing how you can easily manipulate a lazy and dense populace addicted to garbage on the TV.

I wonder what the military enlistment numbers looked like after the phony Flight 93 story broke. Sadly, intelligence and blind patriotism are inversely proportional.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

Ah yes, and the many, many many first responders that were there on scene, collecting human hamburger remains, shreds of airliners, scattered in the area, and dug up from the crater, were, what? All in on it? Lying? Tricked? (oh but not you guys, nooo nooo, after all, everybody knows that youtube sleuths and those that stare at a few pictures off a conspiracy website are far more experienced and knowledgeable in airliner crashes and crash and recovery tactics than the many professionals, investigators, firefighters, NTSB, FBI, police and such).

You know, I do believe someone here on ATS has a whole list of first responders and people who worked in and around the crash site just after and the weeks after the crash. As soon as I find it, I'll post it to you and I'd like to see you call them and ask them why they are lying about what they saw and did at Shanksville. I'm sure they be more than happy to set you straight.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Yeah, I have moron written on my forehead; I'm going to trust some stupid looking fake photos over a trained on scene real time journalist who stated there was absolutely no evidence of a commercial aircraft at the scene. Where was there evidence of a plane at any of the three attack locations? It's amazing how you can easily manipulate a lazy and dense populace addicted to garbage on the TV.

Ah yes and he trumps all the hundreds of rescue personell, recovery teams, firefighters, FBI, NTSB, volunteer figherfighters, police, etc that were there picking up human remains from trees and ground, airliner parts, and inhaling jet fuel fumes.

top topics

join