It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi to retire when dems lose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

As Nancy Pelosi goes, so might a generation of her colleagues.

If Democrats lose control of the House of Representatives next week, as most political observers expect, there is a good chance that the House Speaker will opt to spend time with her eight grandchildren rather than toil in the relative obscurity of the minority. Even if she wanted to stay on, it's not at all clear that she would win the position of minority leader: seven Democratic incumbents and several candidates oppose her leadership — on Wednesday, North Carolina Representative Heath Shuler suggested he might challenge Pelosi for the spot — and another 20 have refused to say one way or another.

Pelosi is more likely to leave gracefully, trading the red-eye slog for the pleasant commute between her San Francisco and Napa homes, and leaving the caucus in the hands of majority leader Steny Hoyer, who has been chafing in her shadow for decades.

Read more: www.time.com...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shes finally going to take her ball and go home.

A completely out of touch and worthless creature is finally going to stop screwing the taxpayer. This is the best news all day

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

A star and flag for the 2nd thread that made me smile today.

This is great news.

Here is the other Thread that made me smile.

edit on 29-10-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

She is the most disturbing and disgusting of all the politicians in Washington DC .. she is literally an incarnate example of everything that is wrong with DC..

It has nothing to do with her party or her parties politics.. it has everything to do with her as a Human being..

Good riddance.. hopefully with her leaving it will mean a slowdown to corporate/fascist ideology growth in DC .. though no doubt some other lowly creature from the pits of hell will come take her place.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I say she can go and have fun with the grandkids, because it sure
hasn't been fun with that witch. Adios, grandma, and stay gone for
the good of this country.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Now if that isn't a good enough reason to vote against the Democrats, then one doesn't exist!

I suspect with that news, even die hard Democrats will be torn up about what to do. Does she have a single fan left in the country?

Here in my town the Republicans are just putting up ads showing that their Democratic rivals have sided with Pelosi 95% or 97% of the time. There are ads showing the Democratic candidates as minions of Pelosi, and calling her "Queen Pelosi." I think she probably should have retired prior to the election if the Democrats wanted to have a fighting chance at retaining any of their seats.

Edit to add:
Even Obama might fair better with a better representative in the Congress. I don't know how much of this fiasco is his, and how much is hers. Emanuel is gone! Woo hoo! Now if Napolitano would go maybe this Administration could actually do some good!

edit on 29-10-2010 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have read that it is standard for the Speaker of the House, to retire when the majority party loses in an election.

If she does not retire, that would be the surprising action.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

She was one of the people behind the manipulation of the health care bill into the fascist fiasco it is now. I believe if she wasn't in Congress, the bill would have been alright.. it started out, at least, with good intentions .... she got her grubby hands all over it and convinced Dems that what reaaaalllllyyyy need was pseudo fascist health care plan to benefit first and foremost insurance corporations (especially "blue" state based ones that love "working" with governments)

*sigh* .. I doubt she'll leave though ..

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

thank god, break out the champagne!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I would like to point to two different other people that were kindly shown the door.............and commenced to sneak in the back.

Leeza Mokorski and Charlie Crist.

I expect the same behavior from this person. Well..........she will not attempt to use the back door, how did she put it? Anything to get the RADICAL agenda in.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

When asked Recently by a Reporter what she would do if she happened to lose the Speaker of the House Position after the Mid term Elections , Nancy replied.......

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

good news indeed and she can take that nice shiny gavel with her.

pelosi will not doubt think she got promoted

cant say i will be sorry shes leaving

i have been nothing but sorry since shes been there.

buh bye pelosi don't let the door hit you on the way out!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Crist isn't sneaking anywhere!

The MSM would have you believe that he is leading in the polls, but just today they were begging for Meek to drop out of the race, because Crist only has Democratic support. He has zero Republican or Independent support. He literally did a 180 while in office, from a Strong Republican and possible Presidential contender to a weak Democrat running on an Independent ticket and surviving off of his previous fundraising. He will get destroyed on Tuesday!

Meek doesn't stand a chance, and Crist doesn't stand a chance and they are going to split whatever votes they might have got.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Let's hope that insane bitch is gone for good!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well, what I meant by sneaking, is using any means necessary to attempt to get the position.

Fail to get nominated in the Republican primary, then attempt to run as an independent.

I agree with your view on the current situation there. I think if either Crist or Meeks dropped, Rubio would still win. Just got done watching the Tingles discussion on it. The Republican strategist on the show, pretty much said the exact same thing. Ol Tingles did not like it at all.

I think the statists tipped their hand this year starting, with the Scuzzyfoeva (wrong spelling I know) debacle. A Republican drops out and endorses the Democrat to keep out the conservative.

I wonder when "we the people" will realize that both of the entrenched parties will do anything to keep their power. I am really beginning to despise some of the talking heads from the Republican party. I just hope they keep opening their big mouths and letting slip their true beliefs.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Thank god finally!

She was absolutely the worst liar. "We are not giving the president a blank check!"

And what did she do for bush? Gave him a blank check.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
By the Democrats losing, the result would thus eradicate two known individuals ( Pelosi, Reid, Hopefully ) that have been known to cause cancer in rats!

top topics

join