It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the India and Burma Plates about ready to Snap again or worse?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here is todays Update from John Search

Friday 5th November 2010
Merapi Volcano, Indonesia
More than 70,000 people have been evacuated from the eruption of Merapi volcano, Indonesia. The powerful eruption on Wednesday evening produced ashfall 260 km away from the volcano. Forty-four people have died since the volcano began erupting last week. Soldiers are moving people outside the 15 km exclusion zone, which was increased from 10 km after Wednesday's eruption. Merapi remains at the highest level RED alert.
More on Merapi volcano...
Volcanoes of Indonesia...

Friday 5th November 2010
Krakatau Volcano, Indonesia
Volcanic activity has been increasing at Krakatau volcano, Indonesia. The volcano is producing 100 explosions per day. Sailors crossing the Sunda Strait are being cautioned about the activity of Krakatau, which has been increasing for more than a week. Tourists have been advised to stay at least 2km away from the volcano.

Source

And - Here is a nifty little link which has tons of data for Indonesia.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Anmarie, I see that you have found the two best links for volcano watching

I haven't put much attention towards volcanos for a couple of years but that volcanolive site is the one I used to visit all the time.

BTW his name is SEACH not search

They say Toba erupts every 300-400,000 years and the last one was 73,000 years ago, so we look OK for now

See its not even on that indahnesia sites maps as a volcano.

Re the Plates snapping ......... who knows?, but I think as long as there are 7's going off along the Trench then the chances of a 9+ are less IMO.
I base this on the lead up to the 2004. Have a look at the years before the 9.0, at that location on the 7+ Blog here and then click on the "catagories" drop down list and go back to the 1990's .......... nothing happening there

Same with the lead up to this years Chile event.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Lee
reply to post by Anmarie96

This is Mr. Lee here;

On Saturday November 20, 2010 between 4:30pm and 6:35pm Halemaumau crater at Hawaii Volcano's National Park on the Big Island of Hawaii will erupt with explosive force.

First sign:
1. Heavy rain fall at Halemaumau crater on Wednesday November 17, 2010.

2. Second sign on Thursday November 18, 2010 hundreds of small quakes will be registered at Halemaumau crater.

3.. Park Rangers will witness on Friday November 19, 2010 six rainbows on the Eastern Rim of Halemaumau crater.

4. On Saturday November 20 2010 the eruption will take place in the afternoon towards evening.

5. Halemaumau crater will fill up with lava and pour out by December to the East moving over the Saddle Road
heading towards the capital city on the Big Island of Hawaii known as Hilo.

6. This lava will strike Hilo by Decemder 25, 2010 unless the lava is stopped . Only one way "kuliana".

(This prediction made on Friday October 29, 2010 at 10:41;35 pm Hawaii time.)

Michael Kumukauoha Lee
Ewa Beach Oahu, Hawaii

Sooooo??? Did the top blow???

I did just hear a few loud explosions here in houston, tx, but I think they were fireworks...
Anything new today???
edit on 20-11-2010 by SirKnightE because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join