It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the False Flag is Raised Where Do Yo Go Looking for the REAL Story?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Apologies if I started this in the wrong forum.

This thought just occurred to me while reading about the Ibreakin nk Cartridges of DOOM & UPS planes news.

So, we think as like minded souls, that a “false flag” is under way. The intent, of course, is to get the populace to pay attention so the sleight of hand shell game can go down like Carribbean Rum in a topless after dinner party.

Ok, fine.

Thinking this is all great but, while in the midst of a suspected false flag event, where are we to look to see what our attention is being diverted from? I mean right now as this airport dealio goes down and I am curious what else is going down that this is a shield for. So where do I look?

I have no idea outside of scanning various threads and alt news sites like this for a common thread of other things going down at the moment but is there any f you who have some type of theory or system when you suspect something like this of how you go about following the bread crumbs to what is really going down?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
When looking for information that is "hidden", your best bet is to talk to people.

If something is going down, someone will notice and take concern. Try networking with like minded individuals in sites like these and survival forums. I recieve e-mails every month from contacts that I have that are simply passing along messages of concern.

Your best bet is to just network and hope to learn the truth through the grape-vine.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I have to admit, after hearing about this breaking news, I logged on here. I was quite interested in reading what others thought, if I was the only one who thought "false flag" right off the bat.

It is hard to dismiss the timing of this. Lets face it folks, this has been a brutal political season, and who couldn't use a bump in the polls.

Could this be a dry run? Maybe. But for who? Us? Them? (aka bad guys... pick your favorite ones)

IMO they are throwing around "radioactive" (in any form or fashion) rather quickly.

Either way people need to keep their eyes open to see what unfolds today.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I hit foreign Intel Sites first and look at what was going on right before, as well as during the suspected False Flag event.

For instance, about 6 hours before 9/11 happened, I found on one Intel Site (a South Korean NIS news feed) a statement that 16 U.S. airliners had been hijacked and the US Airforce had sent F-16s to accompany all commercial flights currently in the air to the nearest airport.

Just about every Intelligence Agency in the world keeps tabs on each other. Some are even good at making some of their Intel publicly available, and consider part of their duties to be a watchdog for the public good. As long as you understand that most of what is published on such feeds are disinfo or propaganda, you can tell more about what is going on during a False Flag Operation than from the conventional MSM.

Prior to 9/11 both the BBC Radio and Pravda used to carry lots of alternative stories that you'd never hear on other MSM outlets in the West. However, that seems to have changed in the past 9 years and they now regurgitate the same news that all the other MSM do. Pacifica Radio still carries hard-hitting news stories you don't hear anywhere else, but even they aren't as much of a maverick as they once were.

Another fun thing to check is the Top 500 new Google Searches and Top 500 Twitters that happen in the hours before a False Flag event. After you skip past the Justin Bieber entries you can sometimes find some peculiar entries that can lead you down the rabbit's hole.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
I hit foreign Intel Sites first and look at what was going on right before, as well as during the suspected False Flag event.

For instance, about 6 hours before 9/11 happened, I found on one Intel Site (a South Korean NIS news feed) a statement that 16 U.S. airliners had been hijacked and the US Airforce had sent F-16s to accompany all commercial flights currently in the air to the nearest airport.

Just about every Intelligence Agency in the world keeps tabs on each other. Some are even good at making some of their Intel publicly available, and consider part of their duties to be a watchdog for the public good. As long as you understand that most of what is published on such feeds are disinfo or propaganda, you can tell more about what is going on during a False Flag Operation than from the conventional MSM.

Prior to 9/11 both the BBC Radio and Pravda used to carry lots of alternative stories that you'd never hear on other MSM outlets in the West. However, that seems to have changed in the past 9 years and they now regurgitate the same news that all the other MSM do. Pacifica Radio still carries hard-hitting news stories you don't hear anywhere else, but even they aren't as much of a maverick as they once were.

Another fun thing to check is the Top 500 new Google Searches and Top 500 Twitters that happen in the hours before a False Flag event. After you skip past the Justin Bieber entries you can sometimes find some peculiar entries that can lead you down the rabbit's hole.

I'm interested in this:
*how do you monitor the newest tweets on Twitter?
*what websites are there for foreign intelligence agencies?

If you can't post them on here for some reason, could you please U2U me?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gatorboi117

Originally posted by fraterormus

I'm interested in this:
*how do you monitor the newest tweets on Twitter?
*what websites are there for foreign intelligence agencies?

If you can't post them on here for some reason, could you please U2U me?

x2!!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You can use Google Trends to look at current rankings or the historical rankings of Google Searches made on any particular day, or look at the Search Volume Index of a particular Google Search over time broken down by Region, Cities, and Languages.

Simple tools like Monitter, Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, Tweetizen, or Twilert allow you to monitor in real-time all Twitter Feeds for Keywords. search.twitter.com and tweetstats.com/trends allow you to see the most common words in twitter tweets at any given moment. For the more advanced, you can use gnip to aggregate real-time monitors of 100s of Social Apps like Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, Tumblr, WordPress, etc.

For getting Top Topics or Top News from tens of thousands of different sources, you can create your own Bots to do such, or you can use a Feed Aggregator. There are also sites like Alltop.com that allow you to choose what Feeds of 32,000 to monitor and aggregate the most popular or newest stories.

There was even some really neat software from a couple of years back, although for the life of me I can't remember what it was called, that was developed by M.I.T. for the now-defunct (supposedly) T.I.A. that allowed you to monitor people or subjects in real-time that was released in the wild on the Internet. I tried it when it was first released and it was pretty spooky...I somehow doubt that it is still made available now, but I'm sure it is still floating around on P2P networks or archived somewhere. I'll see if I can dig up the name of it so those who are interested can look into finding it.

As for Intelligence News Feeds I don't have specific links on my work computer but really they aren't that difficult to come by. You just have to learn to use Google and increase your searches to include non-English sources, and then just add them to your RSS Feeds and get yourself a good in-browser translator plugin (or use Google Translator or Yahoo! Babelfish). It's been a while since I've had the time or inclination to monitor foreign Intelligence News Feeds (it's been about 8 years) so most of the links I once had are no longer valid (like Kim-Spy Intelligence and CounterIntelligence) or long since forgotten. About the only English feeds off the top of my head that I tried that are still around are intelligenceonline.com, globalsecurity.org, itar-tass.com, and strategypage.com, but none of these are foreign Intelligence Feeds. It might be time consuming, but quicker than a bunch of Google Searches to go to Federation of American Scientists: Intelligence Resource Program to get a list of urls to the Intelligence Agencies of the World and go to each individual country's sites to look for their News Feeds, if they have them.

Basically, what all of these methods happen to be is basic Data Mining. It's basically on a microcosmic scale what our own Intelligence Agencies use to Data Mine Intelligence on the Internet. You can get pretty sophisticated with tools commonly available. Any individual with a basic understanding of Data Mining and current Internet Tools has more resources available to them than all of the U.S. Intelligence Agencies combined had but 10-15 years ago. If you learn to leverage Data Mining resources there is little that can go unnoticed that you haven't already been informed of.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Common sense, eyewitness accounts. In most cases you wont find solid proof, but you can use reason to determine likelyhood. How likely was it, that on the das of the 911 attacks Norad was rendered ineffective because a training exercise was carried out revolving around the scenario of highjacked planes and the pilots were in most cases able to tell the real thing from the exercise. (I guess they got it right with flight 93 which stayed in the air too long).

How likely was it, IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE, that on the day the london underground is bombed by terrorists the british secret service carries an exercise in the london underground?

I am guessing you are more likely to win the lottery be hit by lighting on the way to collect and getting run over by a monster druck driven by chuck norris.
edit on 7-11-2010 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
FAS is a pretty good place to gain a little parallax on rapidly breaking world events. You can't just hop on ATS anymore and get the scoop without getting nearly drowned in SHTF posts and disinfo.

Its not like we can set up an emergency channel on ATS with the REAL story because FF events often don't convey any more information than the menu at Alice's restaurant.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
A story and the truth don't have to be the same thing. Stories are ment to entertain and not always contain the truth. Truth should be objective, based on facts

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
good question, makes you think

top topics

join