It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the more knowledge i gain ,the more depressed i become ..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

"and will just read light fiction and watch more TV or more movies, to immerse myself in stuff that has nothing to do with anything we read about here. It really does help to take a break from it all, and regularly. - cosmicpixie"

Very wise advice from cosmicpixie - On a regular basis take a break, date, watch a funny movie, read light fiction, garden, play games (I like PopCap's Book Worm).

Take a break, clear your mind and immerse yourself in joyful things.

Again, very wise advice.

You can then come back stronger and more clear headed.

"All things in moderation, including moderation." — Mark Twain

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

The reason you feel like this is because you have raw knowledge without a fuller understanding. Knowledge on its own is not power like many seem to believe. A combination of knowledge, life experience, accountability and understanding are combined to give you wisdom. This takes time.

The best way I can put this is to say that you should read a book three times in your life.

What I mean by this is that your perception changes over time with the increases in life experience. Imagine being ten years old and reading ATS as one example, then coming back when you are thirty years old and reading the same information, the understanding would be entirely different.

Knowledge on its own without life experience is worthless but over time as you experience and understand life it will click.

Essentially all you have to do is have patience, a will to live (exercise it too by living) with a keen mind for understanding and you will find your answers as I have tried to explain above.

I hope that makes sense to you as it does to me.

I would personally say that knowledge is impatient, thats the catch when you seek wisdom.

I dont know everything just in case I come across as condescending but its just my opinion as I once felt similar to yourself and the question was asked.

edit on 15-12-2010 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

You are experiencing your normal emotions being played back to you in reverse. Simply try to turn your thoughts around, try to find a light at the end of the tunnel.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Don't worry man. You cant go back to your stupified ways, however, you can be happy again, don't try closing your mind down to any new kinds of knowledge, you just have to keep an open minds constantly, keep searching and putting things together. Let me guess though, You've been telling people about the new things you've learned, and trying to get people to believe or understand it? Don't even bother. They'll just think you're crazy... ;-P
edit on 15-12-2010 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join