It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the more knowledge i gain ,the more depressed i become ..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

The greater my wisdom, the greater my grief. To increase knowledge only increases sorrow. (Ecclesiastes 1:18)

There was a time I felt exactly as you do. I think many here can identify with what you are going through. This journey is meant for the strong. I doubted my strength as I encountered the depth of the rabbit holes. The grief was overpowering at times; and it all seemed hopeless and futile. I am still searching and seeking. You can only go down a rabbit hole so far until you begin to see the light and know you are emerging onto the other side.

From the Gospel of Thomas:
(Jesus said) "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned, they will rest]

I don't know where this is all leading. But I am hopeful that things will become clearer. Those who are diligent in the search and speak out for truth by exposing the lies and deceit will be the ones who will be able to see past the smoke and mirrors to whatever lies ahead. I do not listen to fear mongers. Jesus always said "Do not fear". It helped me to remember that.

I agree with the poster above who said that the "tribulation" will be for the wicked. Their plans will backfire. They will all turn on each other. Nothing for you or me to fear.
edit on 29-10-2010 by Alethea because: typos

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
We remain all of us a work in progress. Everyone is growing and learning and evolving at different rates.

During our physical developmental phase there are growing pains. These occur when the body grows rapidly placing strain on the nerves and causing physical pain.

During our emotional, intellectual and spiritual development there too are growing pains as we shoot up to new levels and then learn to become accustomed to our new sense of self and awareness.

Each step in our emotional, intellectual and spiritual growth represents a new set of challenges.

It falls then individually upon you how to use these new aspects of your self and where to put them to use and what end.

Ultimately your ideal end is to use them to help you get to the next emotional, intellectual and spiritual level in your continued development, growth and evolution.

We can’t please all the people all of the time, or even some of the people all of the time, or even ourselves all of the time.

We benefit from the contrasts of polar opposites, even though it’s not always pleasant to be drawn towards the opposite side of the pole you want to be.

We can’t win each and every battle, there are just too many to fight, so you do have to pick and choose your battles wisely with an eye to those you can win, based on your emotional, intellectual and spiritual level.

Winning those well selected battles will give you a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction and get you moving forward towards that next level of emotional, intellectual and spiritual growth.

Life is fluid and we are happiest when we are in motion right along with it.

You have reached one of many plateaus you will attain in life, and this gave you a sense of accomplishment but you don’t want to dwell there or it will lead to a static position, that ultimately if you don’t move forward you will regress backwards.

Rest assured it will be alright. The world does not end for another 14 days, 6 hours, and 2 minutes and 15 seconds, and yes while it’s going to be a very painful and awful end, just think of all the wonderful opportunities you still have between now and then!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I think it can come down to simply, the higher you go, the further you can fall. But that isn't limited to just knowledge or truth, any sort of endeavor, especially lofty ones, will give you the possibility of falling off the horse.

I think an interesting observation are some of the radical religious figures. At one point, their work was probably sincere and it was more about personal refinement. But as they got "better" over time, it's also much easier to lose focus and use your work for evil by criticizing others. It's like more purity and the contrast becomes greater.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
. The only knowledge that we can be certain about is what is in our hearts. When we do positive things and think positive things we seem to get that warm feeling inside telling us that we are on the right path. Depression is such a difficult thing to overcome when all we are surrounded by is doom and gloom. But don't let it distract you from living a fulfilling life. Everything will be okay.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I Think you have to use your knowledge to become wise, only the wise and the ignorant are completly happy, you are in the right path, I think is just a step on your awakening.
The ignorant are happy because they don't know, the wise are happy, because they know.
The rest of us are in the middle:

you can be happy and ignorant,
you can be happy and wise,
you can be unhappy and have a lot of knowledge,
you can be unhappy and stupid.

It's like a circle.
If you are happy and ignorant is just beacuse you don't have information about the world around you, you just don't know what's going on, but that happiness is only an ilussion, you are happy about things that doesn't really matter, and eventually you would want to KNOW.

if you are happy and wise is because you have the information, you know what's going on in the world AND you use that information in a good way, you care about things that are really important, like yourself and your loved ones, and you are aware of the world around you, and you realize all the beautifull things and gifts you have in your life. Happiness without knowledge is impossible.

If you are unhappy and have a lot of knowledge is just because you don't see the positive things, you are intelligent, you can see things in a deeper way, but you feel depress because you don't know what to do with that knowledge, you don't have a goal, or you lost your goal, you feel depress, but, you are very near to find true happiness.

If you are unhappy and and stupid, that means, you don't have the information, and you don't care if there is something else to explain your world, and even if you have some information about the world, that information is useless for you, because you don't feel worthy, you don't have hope, and you don't think you can do something good for the world, and it doesn't matter how you live, if you are rich or poor, old or young, healthy or sick, you are going to be unhappy anyways because you are not interested on searching for answers.

I hope you understand my english, sorry if there are some grammar mistakes.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I see where your coming from Nephi and its a pretty serious situation. Fine I can admit I have from time to time lived under the influence but who has not? and it is no worse than the toxic propaganda shoved in our faces everyday. Now when our thoughts sober or not still remain the same. You have something there...hold firm to what you believe and watch your environment change. You are not the same person you once use to be? What influence created this as we are all symptoms of nature your beliefs should always remain separate from the absolute moment of right now. Its all about you man you are the center of your very own universe. You just happened to soak up some wicked knowledge. The person you are now should have the same happiness and well being as the one you once knew.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I get like that some times mate. I think it might be something to do with all the crap that goes on in the world and been all most powerless to stop it.

All so in my case none of my friends are into learning anything out side of the MSM BOX and it can get a bit lonely. Dont get me wrong I like talking about computer games and football (love football) but its the important stuff in life none of them care about and i have no one to talk to about polatics and things like that.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337 i used to be a very spiritual person ,before i was unlocked ,but now that i am i feel like my soul has faded away slowly

It could be vital for your health to go out there and do sports, date ladies, have some fun, it will attach your soul back to your body. Take these wise words from a guy whose best friend committed suicide, after appearing much like you do judging from your post. If you wish to chat in msn, PM me or something.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Welcome to the club.

As some posters have already pointed out, it is quite natural to become depressed as you figure out more things in life and become more 'spiritual' - if I may use that word. It is also true that being powerless when you see all the injustice in the world can make you feel pretty down.

The saying is very true - ignorance is bliss. But I would rather be knowing and depressed. I am sure that, like everyone else, you will find your own way to counter it. I have a lot of hobbies (musical instruments, painting and martial art) and that helps counter the gloom.

edit on 2-11-2010 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2010 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I've had times when I feel like you. for the past 2 years I've done alot of research for a book I'm trying to write. I have researched many individual topics then began to see how they all interlinked to create a bigger picture and it was a very sinister picture. Well anyway, my advice to you is to take breaks from your reading and research. I might go weeks and weeks doing alot and ploughing through a good deal of heavy non-fiction books and when I feel burned out or miserable I back off. I might not visit ATS much and will just read light fiction and watch more TV or more movies, to immerse myself in stuff that has nothing to do with anything we read about here. It really does help to take a break from it all, and regularly.

The other thing that can help is to try and adopt a measure of detachment about it all, however dire it may seem. What is going down on this planet is not necessarily going to be the same picture hundreds or thousands of years in the future. We are just passing through really - one day we'll be dead and our attachments and emotions to all this stuff will be pointless anyway.

Trying to do something constructive about what you feel you know now might also help...start a blog or website for example, get your findings out there. And realize you are one of many who have been awakened - you are not alone in sometimes feeling totally freaked out by it all. Try to take some comfort in that.

But most of all- take breaks !! This will give you time to adjust to what you have learned , time to settle your emotions more, time to step back and take a breath . You will break through the worst of it eventually , you are still acclimatizing - it's a huge shock to the system I think.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Too right, just advise peopel to not have children, and they are alot better off.

Even knowing about stuff is bad, but when it comes into your life it really reinforces itself, and the pure evil of teh gov and police can be seen in many a ruined life for no reason as the pure evil that resides in the people in these groups.

I think the more you learn about this stuff though does help in a way, as ignorance is not bliss if they target you.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm in a horrible mood, so will do my best not to go off the edge here...

Listen, if you weren't depressed with the state of the world, you'd be a fool and/or an idiot. Now, there's a whole lot of feelers on this site, that say idiotic things like just be positive, etc, etc... No, I say just die a little each day. It doesn't matter what you or I do. Everything is set in motion, and there's entirely too much that needs to be drastically changed in too little of a time, mixed in with too many ignorant scum bags, and on and on...

I would say just enjoy the ride, but I'm not going to be a hypocrite. No, Just die a little each day. Just be true to yourself. In the end, we were too weak of a species to pass through our infancy. We wanted too much, gained too much knowledge, and didn't bother to slow our role down and match it all with an equal dose of wisdom. Just let it be. It is what it is.
edit on 2-11-2010 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Then its not knowledge you are gaining, but misinformation. The truth shall set you free.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Then its not knowledge you are gaining, but misinformation. The truth shall set you free.

It seems one mans knowledge is another guys misinformation.

How's that bliss treating you, Sky?!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Na, it will not, but it may help you just keep going, through all the evil you have to face in your life.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
You must be like the Buddha. While he was sitting beneath the Bodhi Tree, contemplating existence and its many horrors, he nearly starved himself to death in misery. Then, he figured it out. And once he did that, he was happy and got fat and laughed all day.

So figure it out. Stop sitting under the Bodhi Tree. Somebody already did that for you.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Thats equal to saying there is no absolute truth...which just so happens to be the first step down the spiral. Each to his own.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Thats equal to saying there is no absolute truth...which just so happens to be the first step down the spiral. Each to his own.

Truth has to do with how one sets up their value structure. It's personal, so ya.. of course. Still, I think that valuing feelings over knowledge is err, but that's just my thing. I believe you choose to gather your "knowledge" from your feeling of things, rather than how they really are. This being the case, if it doesn't match your feeling-value system, it's gotta be misinformation. I think that's err, but once again .. this is just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I wonder what happened to the op. He hasn't responded to anything after that first poster. It does cause me to think that this might be just one of those 'see if I can get people riled up' kind of threads.
edit on 2-11-2010 by DragonriderGal because: clarity

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

You're final three words were the answer, " love is key".

Yes taking that red pill is a bitter pill to swallow. There is no going back to sleep once you have been awakened.

The time is coming, and more humans are waking up and realizing that things have got to change.

Read my location.

The country I was born and raised in is now owned by and run for the large corporations. The military, while many enlist and think they are fighting a "noble battle" are the sons and daughters of poor working people (rarely do the rich send their children off to the battlefield).

$ 911 was possibly a false flag operation staged to manipulate the average person by fear into yet another war.
$ America went to war for the oil, ancient artifacts and a star gate that became activated in the Bay of Aden.
$ The large corporations dictate exactly what our internal and external policies are.
$ The military is owned and operated by and for the large corporation's agendas
$ Our voting system is a sham, so the people think they have a choice
$ Our "President" is nothing more than a puppet.
$ We do have an alien presence here on earth. "They" have been here all along, since we were spilled out of a gene splicer.

To find out more about the Star Gate and why Muslims are not the real enemy go here: tickergrail.blogspot.com...

Some books that might be of interest to you.

* High Srangeness by Laural Knight-Jadczyk
* The Secret History of the World and How to Get Out Alive by Laura Knight-Jadczyk
* 9/11 The Ultimate Truth by Laura Knight Jadczyk & Joe Quinn
* Slave Species of god by Michael Tellinger
* Alien Agenda and Rule by Secrecy both by Jim Marrs (All of Jim Marrs books are worth getting)
* Grey Aliens and the Harvesting of Souls by Nigel Kerner
* Hidden In Plain Sight by Richard Sauder
* The Global Conspiracy by David Icke
* Love Is The Answer, Everything Else Is An Illusion and Tales From The Time Loop by David Icke.
* UFOs and the National Security State 1941-1973 by Richard M. Dolan
* UFOs and the National Security State 1973-1991
* The Cosmic War by Joseph P. Farrell
* The Gods of Eden by William Bramley
* Behold A Pale Horse by William Cooper

None of the above books hold all the truths, only portions here and there. Like in Star wars, you must close your eyes and let "the force" guide you.

Knowledge protects - Ignorance endangers.

United (all of us humans) we stand - divided we (all of us) will fall.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join