It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a recent suggestion: notify list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1 in Suggestions/Complaints Formerly I participated on another discussion site libertyforum.com. It had a feature where users could notify a list of other users known to have an interest in a posted topic. This was quite useful in keeping discussions active. This would be a nice feature for ATS. Cya df1
Yes, ATS had this feature some time ago... however, due to the exceptionally large volume of posts, and high-number of multi-page threads, we disabled to e-mail notification service when someone posts to a thread you're interested in. Other than bandwidth/performance concerns, our server was sending so much e-mail that we were in danger of being classified as a spammer! And this was some time ago, when we averaged only 1,000 posts per day.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Couldn't you set it up to be sent to your u2u inbox?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r Couldn't you set it up to be sent to your u2u inbox?
Why? This page: MyATS already shows a complete list of every thread you've participated in, or subscribed to.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
thanks for pointing that out I never noticed that.

df1

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by cpr12r
Couldn't you set it up to be sent to your u2u inbox?

Why? This page: MyATS already shows a complete list of every thread you've participated in, or subscribed to.

Would doing it u2u be more reasonable by only doing it when a new thread is created? Or perhaps letting the individual user define a category(s) like "secret societies" which they would be sent a notification of each new thread in the selected category(s).

Just a thought. ATS is great as it is. I left libertyforum because it was a mutual admiration society, I enjoy the adversary discussion here.

top topics

join