It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation or Humiliation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Gov't changes airport screeners' pat-down technique to stay ahead of terror threat
By EILEEN SULLIVAN , Associated Press

WASHINGTON - The Transportation Security Administration is changing the way it pats down passengers at airports — moving from the screener's traditional hand pat to more of a hand-sliding motion, a law enforcement official said Thursday.

The TSA regularly reviews and updates its screening procedures, agency spokeswoman Kristin Lee said. And screeners will continue to use the pat-down method to help detect hidden and dangerous items like explosives or bomb parts.

Lee said the procedure will continue to be conducted by screeners who are the same gender as the passenger. The TSA, for security reasons, would not provide details about the differences in the new technique for pat-downs.

The law enforcement official, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss the security procedure, said the new hand-sliding technique is already in use in some airports across the country.

Pat-downs are used when something on the passenger sets off the metal detector, when the imaging technology detects something suspicious on the passenger and when the passenger opts out of the electronic screening methods.

"Passengers should continue to expect an unpredictable mix of security layers that include explosives trace detection, advanced imaging technology, canine teams, among others," Lee said.

Counterterrorism officials say commercial aviation continues to be an attractive target for terrorists and terror operatives are constantly trying to find ways to evade security.

ABC and NBC first reported the new policy on Thursday.
www.startribune.com...
W3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUac8HEaDiaMDCinchO7DU

Here is the choice offered, you can get bathed in radiation, 50 times more then an X-ray, for which at a hospital you are covered in lead to shield you form the X-rays and the tech who does the X-ray goes into a seperate room, its very dangerous when exposed to longterm X-rays. Humiliation, if you choose not to be bathed in radiation you get groped and humiliated, in public, by some TSA creep. These are the choices, Bathing in radiation or not even a pat down, a groping, that if it happened anywhere else in America would be considered Sexual Assault. Welcome to the police state, trading liberty for security is to loose both.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm ridiculously ticklish so the pat down would be quite a dilemma for me. I think I'll just stay home. I feel bad for people who have to endure these procedures for the sake of their jobs that require travel.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'll take Humiliation for $500, Alex.

Seriously, I'd let some Airport Screener take me to 3rd-base without buying me dinner first over Radiation from the Full-Body Scans any day.

Needless to say, although I used to fly 3 or 4 times a year before 9/11 I haven't flown since at all due entirely because of the TSA and their fallacious "Security Measures". I just take train, automobile, or ship now.

These measures to produce a false sense of Security do nothing to prevent Terrorism. All they do is make Air Travel impractical and violate the privacy of individuals and hinder our inalienable Right to Free Travel protected under the U.S. Constitution.

Although I suppose I'm an outspoken minority in believing the TSA to be a total farce.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

Don't forget the option to forego the whole ordeal, and either limit travel, or rent a car. Vote with your Dollar! That is the American way. The airlines have been bankrupt for decades, and they only survive off the charity of the government with out taxpayer dollars. We pay DOUBLE for every flight. We pay taxes to support the industry, we pay taxes on the tickets, and we pay for the ticket itself, and then we submit ourselves to invasive security measures.

Personally, I would feel much safer on a plane if the cockpit door was open and I could here the pilots conversation, and everyone on board had a gun! That way, no single terrorist or small group of terrorists would stand a chance, and we could all hear the pilots say, "OHHH SH*T!" and we would all know when to fasten our seatbelts without needing that stupid little light!

I almost never fly. If I do fly, I try to rent a plane (I can fly) or catch a chartered one.

Since I know how private pilots and charters work, I also know that it is extremely easy to bypass all that security, so in essence the security is entirely worthless!! A terrorist can easily board a charter flight at a small airport with bags in tow and zero security. When they land at a major hub, they are already in the secure area, so those bags and people have never been screened. Now they catch a connecting flight and voila!! Major airline, major flight, no security!

It is all for show people. It is the illusion of safety. It is the fence that keeps the sheep in, but does nothing to keep the wolf out!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The TSA is simply a conditioning tool to get us used to being stopped, searched, probed, asked for our papers, etc., without probable cause or reasonable suspicion. As our rights dwindle away into that good night, you'll see more of this conditioning in preparation for the day "they" can just show up at your house, search it for no reason, and come up with some BS excuse to haul you off.

They're betting that by the time the end game is executed, people will be so used to the idea of having no rights and a government of unchecked power, they'll just think that's the way it is and go right along with it. Good little sheep.

I choose not to participate in these games TPTB are playing. Of course, as a consequence, I no longer fly. Sometimes it's necessary to give things up to fight for what's really important.

new topics

top topics

join