It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities Investigating Possible Bomb Threat at Philadelphia International Airport

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Look at the garbage in the media today and last night. Theres an agenda here and it actually make me sick watching it. fox went overboard as usual mentioning bin laden and al qaeda so many times the words lost meaning, and we even got to here liz chaneys take on it (lucky us). sky spoke to us like a child and shaped our view of yemen as this terrorist training camp even calling it the new afganistan. and besically hinting to last weeks story in briton about lowering airport security and not bowing down to every american demand and how that veiw's obselete now we have this situation unfolding. and bbc were no better.
Now we have have news paper headlines like "al qaeda dry run" and some pictures of a printer with some wires to wich the anchor men fill in the gaps telling us about nitro glisseren and how it could peirce a plane.

i dont belive any of it to be honest and something bigger will happen over the next couple of months. not to mention a bigger presence in yeman. youv got wikileaks, youv got american elections, youv got half of france in the streets. briton trying to grasp how screwd it is and some of the richest people in the world turning there intire fortunes into gold

we need a distraction 9/11 style! dont worryiv got a feeling ones on its way
edit on 30-10-2010 by danielhanson420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
First off, terrorist attacks are without a doubt terrible and I wouldn't wish such a thing on anyone.

However these alleged terorrists are not as sophisticated or as threatening as the governements wants us to believe are they?

They are so powerful and omnipotent, yet all they can do is put a couple of ink cartridges on some cargo planes. I'm sure if their aim was to cause death, destruction and sheer pandamonium then there are easier ways to go about it.

Look at the attacks in Mumbai for example. It was a deadly yet quite simple premise.

So now we're having this story driven into our heads that Yemen is evil, it's a boogeyman (besides the fact nobody has been killed and we haven't even been attacked).

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
If US can't spark a war with Iran without suicide then who will the next enemy be?

I'm quiet sure the US quietly has a plan to implement regime change, or invade and occupy a country.

Not Iran, because US is in depth..

If you do a google search, you'll see that they are chumping at the bit to invade Yemen....that's as well as Lebanon and Syria, which Israel is insisting the US invade also!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
My guess is that this is one of those tests the customs runs to test its security checks. Like customs putting bombs in someones luggage to test security and when it fails forgetting to take the bomb out so when the passenger gets to his final destination he gets arrested. It has happened on more than a few occasions.

That is what this reminds me of - a failed security test that now will be declared a real threat - and of course - what a coincidence - right before an election. An old neo-con cheney trick.

Don't be fooled by this.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Actually I have to say, a controlled leak isn't the only logical explanation. you just haven't been following WL close enough. They have openly said (tweeted it even) that they are fighting over classification. They said themselves that a lot of the stuff shouldn't have been classified and they want to do something about it.

I know they said that and it doesn't mean anything, "you just haven't been following the intelligence services enough". Also, in most cases a controlled leak would mean that Wikileaks are not in on it.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I'd say it is a completely made up event.

Comes 2 days after this

They must think we all button up the back.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Yep, but the problem is that loads will beleive it as its on tv, or they read it in the newspaper.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
broadband went down for 7 hrs for most of the UK...
they said it was a node failure...im wondering if it was to stop information etc on the web being sent

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by bigyin

Yep, but the problem is that loads will beleive it as its on tv, or they read it in the newspaper.

Your right of course.

Personally I havn't even watched the news about it. I simply can't take what they say seriously any longer.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I feel the exact same way. It seems so obviously contrived that its sickening. Watching this country evolve the way it has over the last 10 years is becoming sickening also...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
broadband went down for 7 hrs for most of the UK...
they said it was a node failure...im wondering if it was to stop information etc on the web being sent

Holy cow. That's big news!!! Why wasn't that reported in the US?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

yeh i had no tinternet while this was unfolding it was a gutter

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
First off, terrorist attacks are without a doubt terrible and I wouldn't wish such a thing on anyone.

However these alleged terorrists are not as sophisticated or as threatening as the governements wants us to believe are they?

They are so powerful and omnipotent, yet all they can do is put a couple of ink cartridges on some cargo planes. I'm sure if their aim was to cause death, destruction and sheer pandamonium then there are easier ways to go about it.

Look at the attacks in Mumbai for example. It was a deadly yet quite simple premise.

So now we're having this story driven into our heads that Yemen is evil, it's a boogeyman (besides the fact nobody has been killed and we haven't even been attacked).

Yes, this definitely seems to me to be about an excuse to invade or take control of Yemen. I believe there are already some forces there anyway, and from what I have been reading they have 'stepped up security' (sic) there since this event.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
IMO, all this is, is a way that Obama can look like a hero to the American people right before the elections, in order to save the democrats. It didn't work with me. I don't believe a word of it. I think they faked the whole thing for

1. The elections

2. To have an excuse to go into Yemen.

The government thinks that we Americans are so stupid! They will find out how stupid we aren't someday soon....

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Yes, this definitely seems to me to be about an excuse to invade or take control of Yemen. I believe there are already some forces there anyway, and from what I have been reading they have 'stepped up security' (sic) there since this event.

The Yemeni authorities are cooperative so there is no need to take control of Yemen, but yes our soldiers have been there for a long time.

The BBC is reporting that Yemeni authorities have confiscated 20+ suspicious items. Also the Home Secretary said a short time ago that the printer cartridge device was viable and could have exploded.
edit on 30/10/10 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
www.yemenpost.net...

Yemen Post: Suspicious Package to U.S. not from Yemen; Yemenia Air Cargo Director

Well, it looks as though both the Yemeni government and the Yemeni Air Cargo people categorically deny that the package was sent from Yemen.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It crossed my mind that Blackwater might be in Yemen. I don't trust them at all, and Khazai has said he believes they are responsible for terror attacks in Afghanistan.

There have been some terrorist attacks inside Yemen this year.

I came across this article:

onlinejournal.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
OK,I just got out of bed,and was watching Fox News,I heard them say that there was at least 2 dozen packages missing,I have not read any posts on here since last night,but I will go back and catch up on it.I just wanted to put it out here in case someone else has not..If so is there a link to this info,this really worries me,it seems to me as if we are being set up for something much worse..

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Dr. Moussad Ali-Mohammadi was almost certainly killed by those agencies. One of, if not the best way to degrade the progress of a nuclear program is to target the human expertise and this has been going on for a while now. However I would not attribute terror attacks in Yemen to those same agencies.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Who the hell would accept or open packages from Yemen anyway?

That's the suspicious part in this story IMO - why the packages were addressed to two specific Jewish synagogues in the Chicago area.

It' sounds a little bit all too convenient and fishy to me!

And then the way to let the press go out with this information in a bombastic way on all news-channels to inform the peasants to STILL be scared and let them know that the threat is STILL very great against the U.S and Israel.

This latest stunt may very well be real, what do I know? but something about this is quite peculiar - I can't yet put my finger on it for the moment, but something about all this "feels" fishy in my gut!

And then I mean, why especially address the packages to two specific Jewish synagogues in the United States - why exactly these two specific synagogues in the Chicago area of the United States?

When there are plenty of synagogues around the world in countries with much less security paranoia & much less protection than the US - if they now wanted their attack to happen or terminate according to desire; and turn out successfully?

And I can't imagine that the personnel at the synagogues in Chicago would be that damn stupid to accept and open packages from Yemen in the first place!

And AQ and similar radical groups would certainly know about this as well, no?

Nah! something about all this doesn't fly in my opinion! - it feels like, and smells like some propaganda effort directed against the peasants to still stay scared - especially the Americans, during this election time. Great timing!

Remember last month when their representative from 'Homeland Sec' were flying to Brussels to convince the European politicians that an attack were imminent against all major cities of Europe - but some of the European Intelligence services and experts were apparently not of the same opinion - but the press and the convinced politicians went out in a bombastic way to scare the peasants away from flying & public transport and to stay away from large public gatherings EXACTLY THE SAME TIME EUROPE WERE PROTESTING/ON STRIKE in the streets!

And as someone already mentioned here on ATS:

Strange that this is happening less then one week after the European complaint about all over-the-top insane & nutty American safety-measures they are forcing us to take here in Europe - but funny enough, they themselves are not living up to this same standard, rules & agreement, their own safety standards & rules in the U.S.

That is really laughable, because they are forcing us to take safety-measures and implement stuff which they apparently themselves haven't done, nor won't implement or haven't implemented yet - WHAT A DAMN HYPOCRACY!

Apparently, they must believe that we are all idiots here on this side of the pond!

Oh dear! whatta nutty world we've become! they've created a monster in its perfect environment of deceptions, lies & insanity!

edit on 30-10-2010 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join