It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollow Earth possible?? more space on inside than out for sure?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hollow Earth could be possible there is more room on inside than outside of the Earth, consider the Oceans for instance all that space with water, but Hollow Earth would be space no water cause its above so there could be loads of space an places that could conceal areas from prying satalites....

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
NO It is not possible.
And NO, there are NO MOLE PEOPLE or Lizard Men living underground.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm always somewhat cracked up by this theory. I've read quite a bit about it, and it's a fantastic tale, but in my view, that's all it is.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Would you mind saying that again? In English, perhaps.

But anyway, no, no, no. A hollow Earth is not possible unless we completely change our understanding of planets.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
What, I don't quite get this original message. The earth is not hollow, the current gravity we experiance, i.e 9.8 could not be produced if the earth consisted of a thin crust and then essentially empty space below. I'm not sure quite how you got this idea, but I can assure you its completely wrong.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
A hollow earth would ultimately destroy our understanding of the universe and its workings. Magnetism is a result of Earth's inner-iron-core. If Earth were hollow, we would be vaporized by the solar wind. Nice try, but no cake.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The Solar Wind would not "vaporise" us. The likeley affect would be to strip away our atmosphere, and increase the amount of UV radiation at the surface of the earth. Much the same thing appears to have occured on Mars after 500ma of being formed when its magnetosphere appears to have turned "off".

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Also magnetism is not the result of the inner-core but the convecting liquid outer-core

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Hunter
The Solar Wind would not "vaporise" us. The likeley affect would be to strip away our atmosphere, and increase the amount of UV radiation at the surface of the earth. Much the same thing appears to have occured on Mars after 500ma of being formed when its magnetosphere appears to have turned "off".

You are focusing too much on syntax. By "vaporise" I obviously entailed a destruction of our way of life.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Another fault of this argument is the idea that IF it were hollow (which goes against all of our laws of physics) why wouldn't there be water inside? What makes you think all of the water would be on the outside. Centrifugal force would trap water on the inner wall for sure.

Anyway, crazy idea IMO. There is just no evidence.

Lukefj

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
someone built a large electromagnetic creation device when they created the planet and thats what gives us 2 poles and our electromagnetic field.
I guess mars just ran out of batteries.

*note: sarcasm*

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
A tree can be hollow...A tooth can be hollow...Even cranial space can be hollow...A hollow planet - just a neat etcha-sketch

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
whuy is it so unbelievable to change all of our theories about planets?
we are changing our views constantly.
imagine that possibly there was something in the center ofthe earth that could produce magnetism and mass. maybe the inner earth was made of a highly compacted form of unknown energy, after all this 'different layers of earth' is also just a theory.
and in the end it will always be a theory

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Of course it's always healthy to challenge the norms...that's what this MB is all about. Why I don't think it's possible:

1. The Earth would collapse under its own weight.
  2. Everyone would be floating around.
  3. Most people who subscribe to this belief are on a permanent '___' trip.

[edit on 6/30/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by junior_smith

and in the end it will always be a theory

No, no, all will be proven one day.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'll give you the '___' trip thing lol

but what i propose requires you to think out of the box

i don't neccesarily believe it but i think that energy (if you believe in string theory) has mass and has magnetism and such. so that if this was an unkown form of energy, one that has a very strong mass, magnetism, and gravity. like i said i don't really believe this theory but it could be as true as the one excepted today

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, the relation of gravity to earth is based on the gravitional constant ultimately right. Well, the gravitional constant is just an average and is not a fixed number. So maybe our calculations of density are off because the gravitional constant that we assign is wrong. I'm sure somebody knows more about this than I do, cause I'm kind of fuzzy on the details of the grav constant.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Go to the ancient civilazation thread and you will see the thread i started about the hollow earth theory. It got a lot of replies and had good information aswell, it should help you guys out. And i was even nice enough to give you lot the link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I don't know about this Hollow earth thing, but I must admit, no one ever been inside the earth!?!?!
Theories changed over the centuries, science evoluted, but no one is ever exactly sure of anything...
Remember the earth was FLAT one day!!!!!!!!!

www.crystalinks.com...

Anything is possible baby!!!!
Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hollow Earth? No. For the many scientific reasons given here already.
However, the possibility of a complex systems of large underground caverns capable of sustaining some inhabitants (for AD&D fans, think of the Underdark) is possible in theory. Most of the Earths fresh water supply is contained in underground water tables. As for food, a variety of moss, lichens and mushrooms can be grown underground without the necessity of photo-synthesis, and would be suitable for feeding animals which could then be used as food. With food, water and shelter available, you can sustain life. I'm not saying I embrace this theory, I'm only saying it is within the realm of scientific possibility. As far as how many people you could support, I have no idea. I would need more data.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join