It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my problems with image/pictures in ats forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I got 2500 points so I decided to buy this beautiful image below my nick.I just upload the right picture and...Yes,and instead one picture i got about 4 (one on another) - I asked skeptic overlord why and he explained to my that it's because my picture was too small and I have to resize it.So ok,I just uploaded new picture (I have resized it) and deleted the previous one.But after that system said that I don't have ats points.

So now I don't even have this bad one...It's without any sense because even in the next time I won't know if my next picture would be at good size.I should have 100000 points to try,and try,and try and try to make some succes after all this trying..:///////

I'm really angry now

[edit on 28-6-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It happens to the best of us, You dont have to pay point to have an avatar, just the picture behind the avatar.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Don't be angry. I've blown about 10 to 15 thousand points playing with backgrounds. Even when you get it right, eventually you'll want to change it.

I zero'ed out about three or four times changing to backgrounds I immediately hated afterward.
Then was stuck with until I earned more points.

But I did learn that trying to find that perfect cut fit isn't worth it, as it will just repeat on long posts no matter what. If that bugs you, stick with plain background colors (which are cheaper) or pick a small upload that will repeat clean.

[Edited on 28-6-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I was thinking of getting a avatar after waiting so long but with reading about the problems with it I think my plain name is good enough.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
A few of weeks ago, i was on to a good story and was quickly trying to upload
a jpeg to no avail. So, i visit the ats store and promptly spent about 1800pts
on upload space. Still no joy, i couldn't get the jpeg up.

Me thinks...why don't i just u2u a friend? The image was up within 30min!

Cost of me stuffin' around...1800pts
Cost of u2u...

Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I was thinking of getting a avatar after waiting so long but with reading about the problems with it I think my plain name is good enough.

Avatars are free and easy Marg, and you can change them all day if you like. They cost no points like customized backgrounds.

And lots of BTS threads from people willing to help make 'em.

Talking to you, how about a UGA Bulldog or a Georgia Peach?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
That will be good, as my daugther is a UGA student. How do I do that?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
First one I happened to find isn't that great, but you get the idea.

Find what you like on the web, then you can either save it to your comp and upload it to ats from the membercenter to create your own link...

Or just right click right on the image and select properties to find the supporting link. Either way, when you have it...go to control panel, then edit profile, then enter the path under avatar. A link looks like this:

graphics.fansonly.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how does it look like,? I am a lasha aphso lover I have four of them, the bull dog is fine for now. ha, ha, ha.

Thanks Rant.

[edit on 28-6-2004 by marg6043]

top topics

join