It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stealing money from stars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
ok so stick with me for a second on this one. at first this story might sound insignificant, but something about it seemed too weird to just brush aside. apparently randy quaid (yes, "eddie" from the AWESOME national lampoon series) has gotten himself into some trouble for illegally staying in a house he once owned. now i know that this doesnt sound like a conspiracy at this point, and it sounds easy to dismiss but our beloved "eddie" (who also played as the "crazy" russell cass in independence day) is claiming that he is the target of "star whackers" who are out to get his money.

before i post the article, i just want to say that its very had for me to form a conclusion on this whole matter. on one case, i can see how it would be extremely easy to call this man crazy for the fact that he hasnt seemed to do any work lately, and stars seem to have a habit of blowing their money and not being able to pay things off after theyve hit the bottom.

but on the other hand, this man has always seemed to connect with me in the roles hes played and even in his general demeanor. it would seem easy to target an actor for this sort of thing, especially one whos known for playing roles of a crazy man.

so my purpose of this thread is to get your opinions on this matter. dont worry about offending me, ill consider all ideas that grace this post from "hes a crazy #$%&!" all the way to "yup, they do it to all the stars".

like i said, its hard for me to form an opinion on this one so im interested in yours!

heres the article, ill include a link to it at the bottom:

Actor Randy Quaid (R) and his wife Evi are led from a Canadian Immigration and Refugee Board hearing in Vancouver, British Columbia October 22, 2010. REUTERS/Andy Clark
Reuters
VANCOUVER (Reuters) - Hollywood actor Randy Quaid, who has sought asylum in Canada, said on Thursday he is not crazy but rather the victim of a criminal conspiracy to take his wealth, and perhaps his life.

Quaid, his voice at times cracking with emotion, read a statement alleging a long-standing plot by former business associates, who he has called "star whackers", to steal money through secret business deals and court cases.

Quaid and his wife, Evi Quaid, were arrested last week in Vancouver on a warrant from California after they missed a court hearing there on charges related to allegations they were illegally staying in a house they once owned.

"Up until a year ago, Evi and I had never had any run-in with the law whatsoever. We are not criminals, nor are we fugitives from justice, nor are we crazy," Quaid told reporters.

"We are simply artists and film makers being racketeered on," he said after a brief hearing before a Canadian immigration official in Vancouver.

He repeated an allegation he made last week that eight of his acting friends have been secretly murdered in recent years, and that he believes other Hollywood stars are being "played to get at their money."

He declined to answer questions after reading the statement. Evi Quaid did not attend the hearing, which was set to resume November 8.

Quaid, 60, is known for movies such as "The Last Picture Show," "The Last Detail" and "Brokeback Mountain." He is the older brother of actor Dennis Quaid.

Both Randy and Evi Quaid made applications for refugee status in Canada after their Vancouver arrest, but border authorities discovered Evi appears to automatically qualify for Canadian citizenship because her father was born in Canada.

Randy Quaid is pushing ahead with his refugee claim, and is exploring other options that could be available through his wife that would allow him to stay in Canada, his attorney Catherine Sas told reporters.

(Reporting Allan Dowd; editing by Rob Wilson)

LINK:

omg.yahoo.com...

i hope the link works, if not you can just copy and paste it to get to the site. thanks in advance for the opinions!!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Sorry, all I have to add is this:

Cousin Eddie: "He's cute ain't he? Only problem is, he's got a little bit a Mississippi leg hound in 'im. If the mood catches him right, he'll grab your leg and just go to town. You don't want him around if your wearing short pants, if you know what I mean. Word of warning though, if he does lay into ya, it's best to just let 'im finish."

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JonInMichigan

no need for apologies, its just nice to know SOMEONE read my thread lol. eddie jokes are welcome, i love humor and consider myself my own little comedian.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
You might want to look here as well:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I think it would be stupid to just assume this man is crazy.

I think it would be crazy to be stupid enough to automatically assume he was right.

I am with you on being interested in this and will continue to watch the story.

I doubt he is right, but a part of me is warning me to not just ignore this man's words.

So yeh...I refuse to ignore or believe this as of yet. I file it under- "interesting".

MM
edit on 29-10-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Could be a case of what some are calling Gang Stalking, it means he got placed on a list for monitoring, it is sort of like a conspiracy, and you can read more about it at these links.

gangstalkingworld.com...

I don’t know about Hollywood Star Whackers, but I do believe that Mr. Quaid is in fear for his life, and he could well be in some kind of danger. He says he has been harassed for at least the last 20 years. This is what I think is going on.

I think Randy and wife Evi at some point in their past likely landed on a list. Eg. Under occupational health and safety laws, you can be placed on a monitoring list via what’s called a Threat Assessment Team.

The team will contact those around you and explain why you have been flagged. Unfortunately this type of monitoring can also systemically destroy your life. This is the part that leaves many claiming conspiracy.

A lot of people are on these lists, some who should be there, many others who should not. I think what the Quaids should do is hire a lawyer, one who is familiar with privy laws, occupational health and safety laws, and mental health laws.

From what I have read the downward spiral really started after 26 of his co-workers complained of verbal and physical harassment. Claims such as this in today’s society get reported, and this can get you placed on one of these lists by the threat assessment teams, and it can also serve to blacklist your life. The other sad reality is that people on these lists die, because the monitoring often crosses the line to targeting, and a conspiracy of sorts.

Otherwise known as Gang Stalking. Though I do think Evi could well not be what she seems, I do believe Mr. Quaid. If they are on a list, then yes everyone is in on it. Let me know if you have questions about these lists. Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Mel Gibson, and many others are suspected of being on such lists.

gangstalkingworld.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Funny thing about being "framed" / "setup" is that usually those doing the framing or setting up kinda don't want it to look like it is .... So make the person a drug addict / crazy loon, or any number of other things to discredit the individuals.

Not saying he is not loony toons but sure makes you wonder? I suppose the scary part of anything like this or similar is those that have the power to do it can and will take your life, not unlike the IRS when they want to JACK YOU UP!!

new topics

top topics

join