It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight Volcanos Raised To Level 2

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Admitadley I am no valcano buff, but i have been keeping track of the pacific rim for the last few months and have been keeping up with Indonesia thanks to threads by TrueAmerican and other members.

The eight volcanoes are: (1) Mount Sinabung, in Karo, North Sumatera; (2) Mount Talang, Solok, West Sumatera; (3) Mount Anak Krakatau, Lampung (Child of Krakatau Volcano); (4) Mount Papandayan, Garut, West Java; (5) Mount Slamet, Tegal, Central Java; (6) Mount Dieng, Wonosobo, Central Java; (7) Mount Semeru, Lumajang, East Java; and Mount Bromo, Probolinggo, East Java, detik.com reported on Friday.

The Indonesia Today

Thanks to member, Halimun for finding the article.

That to me seems like a large increase in volcanic activity in a short amount of time.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
And an inordinate number of earthquakes along the Rim, especially South America and the Island chains from Papua north. I've been watching EQ activity for only 8 years and am aware of the averages, etc, but there is a steady growth.

Exciting times to be alive folks.

IRIS

USGS Past 7 Days
edit on 29-10-2010 by Tayesin because: to add links

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
It may just be a reverb after the recent activity in Indonesia, with a bit of luck it will settle down. It would be interesting times if just half of these went off, not sure the Earth and its residents could take it right now.

We should be taking a close interest in all of this as we're hearing very little from the mainstream media.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Here's a link to RSOE to keep on top of things just in case you're looking for more input.

Funny enough, 'My' Mt. Etna (the volcano that lives in my backyard in Sicily) - who just happens to be one of the most active volcanoes around?

She's been dead silent lately. VERY strangely so.

I have no fear of her when she's belching and giving off airs, etc, but when she gets quiet like this, I get nervy.

Thanks for letting us know about the 'other' volcanoes out there and what they're up to also!

Oh, here's some pics of what Etna is usually up to: Mt. Etna Blows!

S&F

peace
edit on 29-10-2010 by silo13 because:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yeah it would be a little unsettling having such an active volcano go quiet while so many others are heating up.

Thanks for the links, I've added them to my bookmarks to stay more current with the whole situation!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Lets hope Bromo doesn't erupt-Its a super volcano,like the yellowstone caldera I think.
Would be an earth changing event if that baby goes off.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Here's a link to RSOE to keep on top of things just in case you're looking for more input.

Funny enough, 'My' Mt. Etna (the volcano that lives in my backyard in Sicily) - who just happens to be one of the most active volcanoes around?

She's been dead silent lately. VERY strangely so.

I have no fear of her when she's belching and giving off airs, etc, but when she gets quiet like this, I get nervy.

Thanks for letting us know about the 'other' volcanoes out there and what they're up to also!

Oh, here's some pics of what Etna is usually up to: Mt. Etna Blows!

S&F

peace
edit on 29-10-2010 by silo13 because:

Unreal! Very odd that you should have this feeling. 2 nights ago, I dreamed that Mt. Etna blew in a massive eruption. 1/2 the world was covered in smoke much like when the one blew in Iceland causing delays and problems for air traffic and those in neighboring towns.

As a note: Edgar Cayce noted in his readings that Mt. Etna signaled the change. This was in reference to major Earth changes and when it was obvious it had erupted (majorly I am assuming, not just briefly) we would know the changes were imminent. Scary.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Interesting times we live it for earth changes. Isn't it strange that all eight volcanos are changing at once? Thanks for the article and the links - will definitely keep up here on any forthcoming news.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dreampsi

Unreal! Very odd that you should have this feeling. 2 nights ago, I dreamed that Mt. Etna blew in a massive eruption. 1/2 the world was covered in smoke much like when the one blew in Iceland causing delays and problems for air traffic and those in neighboring towns.

As a note: Edgar Cayce noted in his readings that Mt. Etna signaled the change. This was in reference to major Earth changes and when it was obvious it had erupted (majorly I am assuming, not just briefly) we would know the changes were imminent. Scary.

NO WAY!

I'm am sooooooooo going to look into this, wow, I can't tell you thank you enough, but, no joke, she's been so quiet lately when I get up in the morning and take a look at her the hairs on the back of my neck raise. Especially since my tsunami dreams have started up again... Wow... Thanks tons for this post!

peace

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Well hey, thanks for the mention!

To help your thread along and maybe contribute something useful, here is a map of all the major volcanoes in Indonesia:

It came from a very useful and important link which are maps of all the volcanoes around the world, and was brought to my attention by ATS member PuterMan:

www.volcano.si.edu...

That's a good link to have handy when you want to know where a particular volcano is fast.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Lets hope Bromo doesn't erupt-Its a super volcano,like the yellowstone caldera I think.
Would be an earth changing event if that baby goes off.

Mount Bromo is in fact the remains of Mount Tengger, a “super-volcano” which geologists say blew its top millions of years ago.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
All I can think of is Jonny Cash's Ring Of Fire..

"I fell into a burning ring of fire. I went down, down, down and the flames kept going higher - and it burns, burns, burns this ring of fire. This ring of fire.This ring of fire."

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Last night I was watching "Ancient Aliens" on History Channel and one of the presenters mentioned that the ancients (more than one tribe in different parts of the world) believed the Earth had been "destroyed" 3 times before. Once by fire, once by ice, once by water. It just kind of clicked that only leaves one element...EARTH. I'm not saying that this is the end or anything i just thought it interesting.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Here's a good article about eruptions:

Official records of the time show that the 1883 eruption, together with an enormous tsunami it generated, destroyed 165 villages and towns, seriously damaged a further 132 and killed 36,417 people outright. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... 13mfwepEb

Average global temperatures following the eruption fell by as much as 1.2 C, as the huge quantities of sulphur dioxide pumped into the atmosphere resulted in clouds that reflected a greater amount of incoming light from the sun. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... 13mg2fpyd

Krakatoa Is a big one, but if all 8 of these volcanoes go off at once I think we can kiss summer goodbye next year...and most of the plant life with it...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Have there been any updates on the activity of the 8 volcanos. What are the chances they could all erupt? Very, very frightening!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Well hey, thanks for the mention!

To help your thread along and maybe contribute something useful, here is a map of all the major volcanoes in Indonesia:

It came from a very useful and important link which are maps of all the volcanoes around the world, and was brought to my attention by ATS member PuterMan:

www.volcano.si.edu...

That's a good link to have handy when you want to know where a particular volcano is fast.

Nice find!

There is one volcano missing from that map, the 3,000m high one descovered in July 2010, off the coast of Sulawesi island, deep underwater!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the map - there are so many volcanos there!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
And an inordinate number of earthquakes along the Rim, especially South America and the Island chains from Papua north. I've been watching EQ activity for only 8 years and am aware of the averages, etc, but there is a steady growth.

Exciting times to be alive folks.

IRIS

USGS Past 7 Days
edit on 29-10-2010 by Tayesin because: to add links
exactly what would happen if they all blew at the same time?just a quick rundown would be great.....thanks

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
exactly what would happen if they all blew at the same time?just a quick rundown would be great.....thanks

That's probably not likely.

But with Krakatau alone, you will be able to fill your doom cup. Yes, fresh doom....

The last time that thing blew it took half the island with it, and created a huge tsunami that killed over 35,000 people. The sound was so loud it was heard over 2,000 miles away in Australia. Careful about converting THAT to a sound file PuterMan, wouldn't want to blow yer speakers.

Seriously though, they just registered like 136 explosions on that volcano in one day- way up from normal at around 17!

www.drgeorgepc.com...

But hey, give me anything but the grand mega-beast...Toba. When they start giving warnings for Toba, we might as well start evacuating the planet.
edit on Sat Oct 30th 2010 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

From Hawaii's last Papakilohoku: Michael Kumukauoha Lee

On Saturday, November 20, 2010 between 4:30pm and 6:35pm Halemaumau crater on the Big Island of Hawaii will erupt.

1. The first sign of this eruption will take place on Wednesday, November 17, 2010 a heavy down pour will take place in the Puna and Kau region of the Big Island of Hawaii.

2. The second sign will take place on Thursday, November 18, 2010 with swarms of hundreds of small earthquakes.

3. The third sign will take place on Friday, November 19, 2010 as Volcano park rangers will witness six rainbows
appear on the Eastern Rim of Halemaumau crater

4. THE EVENT will take place in the late afternoon towards evening Halemaumau crater will erupt with a large lava fountain.

5. In two weeks the Halemaumau crater will fill up and be on the moved eastward towards Hilo.

6. By Christmas time Hilo will be in the path of Pele's lava flow. Only one way to stop the lava. "Kuliana"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join