It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Fires Across Border Into South Korean Territory?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

Strange hats? They are a common officer dress hat used by most modern forces, including Russia, China and I'm even sure the US has a variation. Probably not so funny when this guy is charging at you at with an AK-74.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dachende

Could you possibly be less excited ? lol.

This happens ALL THE TIME - it's a frequent thing, that will be nothing more than an old news story come tomorrow.

THIS JUST IN !
Sth Korea and Nth Korea have done something they do every few months, war must be iminent.

You may be right , but you know what also happens all the time through out history, a small incident like this spirals out of control into full blown conflict! After the torpedo incident it would not suprise me one bit if this turned into something bigger. but like you said prolly just more rhetoric after this. "I hope"

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
When is South Korea going to man up and liberate their brothers and sisters to the north..Or they can sit around demanding apoligizes while they starve and suffer at the hand of an oppressive regime. Even Kim Jong wants a unified korea...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Calm down people, ....

This sort of thing occurs quite often over there, ...

Korea Demilitarized Zone Incidents

There are about 60 incidents listed on this web page,
Here's the last incident that was reported in this report.

SERIOUS INCIDENTS IN THE DMZ - 1967 - 2001

17 Jul 03 - At 6:10 AM North and South Korean soldiers echanged machine-gun fire near Yonchon, 35 miles north of Seoul. The North Koreans fired four 14.6mm rounds from a distance of 1,100 meters at ROKA soldiers who responded with 17 shots from a K-3. Warning announcements were made on the ROKA loudspeaker. ROKA soldiers along the DMZ were put on alert. Three of the four DPRK rounds struck a ROKA guard post.No ROKA casualties were reported.

This wasn't the last incident though, this was only the last one reported in this report,

Shots fired on Korea border as tension rises - 8th October 2006

North Korea declares disputed waters 'firing zone' - December 21, 2009

Nothing to get all worked up about, they'll be some foot stomping, name calling and flag waving, and then this incident will more than likely pass into the annals of history and be forgotten.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
so when do we see the retaliatory... hum hmm... demand for an apology happen? nothing will come from this.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Yeah ,you must be a fortune tellet or one of those psychic people(lol)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Friday's incident occurred two weeks before the G-20 summit in Seoul. The G-20 includes industrialized nations and developing economies, which focus on economic issues and economic policy coordination. Authorities said a total of 50,000 police and riot police will be deployed during the summit on November 11 and 12, according to Yonhap.

www.cnn.com... dent/index.html?hpt=T2

Maybe they are jealous they didn't get invited to the big party. Or it's just another reason to keep people on edge I think. I have a feeling the north and south communicate with each other more than most people realize..I mean militarily wouldnt they have to ?
edit on 29-10-2010 by HollowJacket because: spelling error

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hey you folks , forgetting that there is a world leaders summit happening in Asia right now ? interesting timming hmmmm

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Should of took care of north korea the first time around guys........... If it turned into the second korean war all of korea is going to look like swiss cheese. North korea fire a few nukes at south they know there will be no more north korea... But probally take out the whole friggin place not good.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

There is no second Korean War. We're still in the Korean War.
Look it up!
We've been at war for about 60 years now.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by McKeavey

South Korean policy is showing kindness. Which translate out to them not wanting sanctions on the North Koreans because North Korea would close it's self of more and more instead of opening up.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
same old north korea
same old south korea

nothing will ever change

i'm sorry but this is nothing new here people.

btw kim jun ill does want a unified korea he wants what the south has and he wants a unifed korea under communism and sooner or later its coming.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join