It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should i take vitamins?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
This is one of those things you should discuss with your doctor. No offense to anyone, but I wouldn't take medical advice from random message board people.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
For those who may be interested in this type of dietary supplementation, and trust me, if fun, and totally amazingly healthy, both at the same time, here's all I did, to get started, this was about 10 months ago now.

1) I got a blender @ Canadian Tire, a "Black and Decker" supposedly a good blender, you would think (it was very futuristic looking) but it burned out soon after I bought it and I had to go back and get another one (I'd lost the receipt so I couldn't get it replaced). Cost - about $80 (more if your first one blows a motor).

2) I ordered up a few boxes of plant based, powdered protein shake (which has a pleasant Vanilla flavour), through a friend of mine's GF who is a distributor for a company which sells a quality product, generally outlined here in a nutshell (the detailed content description is much longer)

High Protein Energy Shake
225 calories
21g Protein (NON-GMO Vegetable Pea & Brown Rice Protein)
10g Net Carbs (17g total)
Antioxidants & Prebiotics
Mediterranean Essential Fatty Acid Blend
Prebiotic and Enzyme Blend
Ionic Plant Trace Mineral Blend (from ocean plant)
Anti-Stress & Energy Blend
Mediterranean Skin & Digestion Blend
Super Greens Blend
No Soy • No Whey • No Dairy • No Aspartame • No Sucrose

I also ordered a couple of bottles of the liquid VMN supplement, and a bottle of that Harmony stuff, as well as some capsules which aid in digestion, and a bottle of caps which "detoxes" the colon, both of which aid in nutrient absorption in the intestines where all this stuff gets absorbed and processed at stage one of the metabolic process.

Total Cost - about $300.00 something like that, since I got multiple boxes of the powder and bottles of the Daily Complete liquid vitamin product.

3) I take the plastic cup the powdered shakes come with, half fill it with purified water (Brita, but the more purified the water the better), pour that into the blender.
Add one full cup of ice
One Banana
The package of powder.
The Daily Complete (one ounce)
Harmony (a little "shot", to colour the water)

And since starting out like that I've since gone NUTS you could say, now adding

A shot of Flax Oil (orange flavoured)
A small scoop of a high powered greens product called Perfect Food Super Greens Formula, containing the following, (it says caps, but I have it in a container in powder form, but its the same stuff)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c970415e63b.jpg[/atsimg]

What else.. I also add

Milled Flax Seed
Sometimes I also add organic flax seeds (which need to be ground up in a coffee bean grinder)

I also add..

HEMP HEARTS (amazing superfood with about 1/3rd protein and all 10 natural enzymes)

If I have it - a shot of Hemp Oil

Then I add a scoop of what was once a large container of a product called Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer, which includes:

Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer - Berry Ingredients:
Organic hemp protein, yellow pea protein, organic brown rice protein, whole flax seed, ChlorEssence (high CGF chlorella), Frutafit Inulin FOS (from chicory root), organic gelatinized maca root, protease I, protease II, amylase, lipase, cellulase, wild blueberry, blueberry, black raspberry, cherry, marion berry, blackberry, L. Acidophilus, B. Bifidum, natural berry flavour, xanthan gum, stevia leaf extract

Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer - Chocolate Ingredients:
Organic hemp protein, yellow pea protein, organic brown rice protein, whole flax seed, ChlorEssence (high CGF chlorella), Frutafit Inulin FOS (from chicory root), organic gelatinized maca root, protease I, protease II, amylase, lipase, cellulase, wild blueberry, blueberry, black raspberry, cherry, marion berry, blackberry, L. Acidophilus, B. Bifidum, natural chocolate flavour, xanthan gum, stevia leaf extract

Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer - Chai Ingredients:
Organic hemp protein, yellow pea protein, organic brown rice protein, whole flax seed, ChlorEssence (high CGF chlorella), Frutafit Inulin FOS (from chicory root), organic gelatinized maca root, protease I, protease II, amylase, lipase, cellulase, wild blueberry, blueberry, black raspberry, cherry, marion berry, blackberry, L. Acidophilus, B. Bifidum, natural vanilla and chai flavour, xanthan gum, stevia leaf extract

Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer - Natural Ingredients:
Organic hemp protein, yellow pea protein, organic brown rice protein, whole flax seed, ChlorEssence (high CGF chlorella), Frutafit Inulin FOS (from chicory root), organic gelatinized maca root, protease I, protease II, amylase, lipase, cellulase, wild blueberry, blueberry, black raspberry, cherry, marion berry, blackberry, L. Acidophilus, B. Bifidum, natural vanilla flavour, xanthan gum, stevia leaf extract

But, I went out to a local Organic and Health Food Store just down the street from where i live in Vancouver, called "Greens Market" and my large container of Vega has now turned into something else altogether, as I added a whole wack of a variety of Superfood Powders, including all or most of the Aruvedic Traditional foods, along with various superfood powders from around the world, and just shook it all up together. Each shopping has run me anywhere from 100-200 bucks something like that, no more than anyone else might spend on a monthly or biweekly food shopping at the supermarket, right?

So in goes a scoop of that..!

Then there's a Phytoberry Powder combo I got (40 bucks), so I add a small scoop of that for good measure, which contains:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e94bf06c3f90.gif[/atsimg]

Then I take a small glass half filled with warm water and add my extracts and tinctures, including Ginseng Extract, Cinnamon, Ginger, a Liver Tonic, Liver Support Compound, something called Chame Rose (a medicinal herb grown in Ormusladen soil, which detoxes and heals the liver, kidney and something else), 4 drops of Wild Oil of Oregano, a dropper or two of SuperPhytoplancton (smells interesting), and, you know, any other of the latest goodies I might have brought home from the local Herbal Apothecary, or ordered from the Internet.

The latest thing I've started adding is Ormus powder, just a tiny bit at the end, which is a combo of something called Etherium Gold and Aulterra (the cheapest per volume Ormus powder available), mixed with a bit of Aurum Solis ($100 for 5 grams, which I dump in and mix with the others). These mono atomic minerals serve to dramatically highten the efficiency and absorption and utilization of everything else, and they are purported to have extraordinary healing and longevity properties.

I also want to order up something called Ormus Greens, a most amazing grass based product, since grass, more than any other plant on Earth absorbes the broadest spectrum of minerals, and that it grows in an Ormus lakebed in Utah doesn't hurt either - I can't wait to start adding that!

So, as you can see, it quickly becomes a type of hobby, or obsession (I don't care) - cell building and physical rejevenation and regeneration being the desired outcome, which can't hurt either, and believe me it doesn't at all. I'm like a kid again!

My next object is to start stockpiling my supplies until I have a good 6 months to a year in store, while almost going off normal food altogether, aside from the odd salad, or occasional splurge, like a full on steak dinner, knowing that I am consuming, on a daily basis, the most nutrient rich foods on earth. And I just LOVE the way it makes me FEEL. It's like I don't know God-food or something.

it's like having a big time edge, for everything and anything a person might want to do in life, since it all starts with health and wellness.

Experts contend that a good 60-80% of all health and wellness comes directly from the foods we eat, which serves as our principal source of energy, the only others being the Earth's magnetosphere, and the electromagnetics of the human brain and nervous system. Food though, is number one by a long shot and every cell in our body needs it for energy and reproduction.

Food is like a drug, in fact the most powerful of all, but it's not a "drug" per se, in so far as it's all natural.

I also take what amounts to two handfuls of capsules of a variety of vitamins and nutrients every day, and contrary to what anyway says, they are not bad for you, being all natural, and it's only fat soluble vitamins AEKand maybe one or two others, would have a limit on them as far as how much is too much.

The shakes sure go well with the Ormus, let me tell you!

I am getting younger by the day, it's crazy, and, I'm also, I must admit, a smoker, believe it or not. Talk about insane. I hope to give that up soon, since it's so incongruent with all this stuff I'm doing nutritionally.

So anyway, just thought I'd share that, my little hobby.

You can start out small and work your way up, and while everyone else is pushing their carts around at the supermarket, you can be consuming the very elixer of life itself! For about the same or a little more money..

No more doctors, no medication (I'm off my metaformin now, as I no longer HAVE the symptoms of type two diabetese, my metabolism having corrected itself.)

A little excercise and some human interaction, and we're all set. I play hockey now on a team I helped form called "The Ice Monkeys".

Bottom line, this year, I think I've saved my life and will life a long, full life now, and who can put a price on that?

Best Regards,

Rob
The Alchemist
edit on 29-10-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
This is one of those things you should discuss with your doctor. No offense to anyone, but I wouldn't take medical advice from random message board people.

-TheAssoc.

Yeah that's good advice. They won't even advise that you take vitamin D in the winter time, but happily write you a script, for something.

I'm not saying there isn't a place for doctors, nor am I suggesting that you don't get their opinion, but they are not the whole story, and they don't make these kinds of recommendations ie: superfoods, vitamin mutrinet mineral supplementation etc. Furthermore, the foods you find in the supermarket, while some are good, most have very little of no nutritional value whatsoever, and a lot of them are actaully harmful when consumed over long periods of time, which is why the people of the USA are sick, and fat, and tired and worn out, and falling apart, and succuming to all manner of illness and disease, including cancer.

Also Red Reishi mushroom, although somewhat costly, is a great thing, the most amazing medicinal mushroom in the world, which is a cancer preventative, among many many other things, and it heals the liver and helps get rid of excess bodyfat around the organs of the upper torso, which can lead to a whole host of illnesses and disease - I'm finally getting rid of my big gut now, and I'm getting better looking each day ("oh Lord it's hard to be humble..")

IF you can afford it, adn who can't in the final analysis, and just think about what we spend on regular food - a person cannot go wrong with this form of preventative medicine and food energy.

To say, just - "go see your doctor and don't believe ANYTHING anyone else says", is NOT in and of itself very helpful or good advice. Then nothing changes except maybe getting someone ELSE on pharma-based medicine, which only treats symptoms and does not HEAL the body nor provide the body with what the body and its trillion cells really need.
edit on 29-10-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
You cant go wrong with any dietary supplement. I recommend GNC's Mega Men advanced nutrition support. Its available in powder mix or pill form. Its pricey but you are worth it right? This product will aid you in...

heart and cholesterol support
prostate support
energy production
digestive support
eye health
antioxidant support

There ya go CaveMan TeK

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Yeah, because medical advise from random people on a message board is much, much more credible than the advise of someone who went to college to study medicine, is certified to run blood tests to see what nutrients you may be missing (or are getting too much of, for that matter) and can refer you to a licensed nutritionist if need be.

-TheAssoc.
edit on 5-11-2010 by TheAssociate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by avocadoshag
I believe that if you eat a balanced diet, with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, then you shouldn't need to take extra vitamins. The marketing guys spend a lot of time trying to convince people that we should take their products, when all those vitamins are found in food.

The marketing guys spend a lot of time making you believe the food you eat contains any significant amount of nutrients which they don't.

Supplementing with vitamines and minerals is essential to your survival.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Yeah. I think vitamins are most important for your skin. It makes your skin fresh and helps you to keep active. There is really nice tips and most informative post. I would like thanks to all of you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join