It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how i was able to overcome the death of my friend and mother ,thanks to them and dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
well,i am not sure if the title is correct on this but i couldnt find the proper words to explain this , so ill try my best .

so when i was 19 years old ,i lost a very close friend , weeks prior to his death he tried to explain something strange that kept happening to him , the only way i can explain it is , he kept telling me that in his head he kept having life or time stand still ,for a few seconds ,he said it was like a record that kept skipping or stoping , i never could understand that ,but after he died i couldnt stop thinking about that and this simple fact that i wanted him back so much

well my friend died when he was on his way to visit me ,he was riding his mother cycle and he got hit by a car , so after his death it was very hard on me and i kept having dreams of him and i , well strangely the last dream i had of him he showed me my feelings without any words .. this is hard for me to explain ...but he managed to convince me that he was alive again and back on earth , but without words he showed me why him being back was not right .

it came in the form of a feeling .. a very dark bad feeling

so then that was the last dream i had of him ,but i still did not understand the dream untill years later , when my mother passed away

my mother died at the age of 47 ,when i was 23 , and like my feelings with my friend , i would always wish that she was here and alive ,well i allways have dreams of my mom ,and she does the same thing she shows me my feelings without words most of the time ,but this last dream that i had was about a few months ago i think , she did the same thing to me ,she showed me that she as alive and well ,and it did not feel right ,it felt very dark and evil ,you would think that i would be happy to know they are alive but no i was not ,

so i guess what i am trying to say is that i belive that they came to me in my dreams and showed me in their own way why it was ok to let go and not wish for them to be alive ,it was as if they were showing me that this reality that i live in is not a good place ,and that where ever they are is much better ,and now i understand that if they were to come how be able to come alive that it would be a very dark evil thing

i really really hope this makes sens to you guys i know its sounds very strange ,but i explaind it the best way i could , i just wonder if their are any one els who have had this same experance of a loved one showing them the same thing

also ,after all this happend i feel better now ,like i have exsepted their deaths , i know it all sounds strange

but anyway i hope to get some good advice , thank you all so much for your time
edit on 28-10-2010 by Nephi1337 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2010 by Nephi1337 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Not sure what I believe, but your experience gives me a little bit of hope.. if there is a life after death, I would hope that we are still connected to the ones we love in some way. If I died and got the chance to alleviate my familys pain or possible guilt, I would likely choose to do so in dreams, so as not to scare them.

Don´t know much about dream interpretation, but it´s clear to me they are there to help you heal. And to not lose yourself in thoughts that lead down destructive paths.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I dunno about giving you advice - it seems by your very touchingly put post that you're giving something to all of us.

It's my belief people work through their grief in their won unique ways. I hope others out there can realize hope from how you and your friend and your Mother worked through yours.

Thank you for sharing.

S&F

Peace
edit on 29-10-2010 by silo13 because:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
1st off sorry for your loss. iv been having alot of dreams like yours in a way. my cousin which was like a brother to me past away on 4/20/10. i tought him how to play guitar and he was going places with it (depravity falls). i was pist and sad so many emotions iv never felt before. i kept having dreams about us playing guitar and it was bliss. like you i wished him back and thought about him daily and still do. here lately iv been having dreams where he says hes not dead kinda like the dreams your having but in my dreams hes trying to convince me that it was a kid that looked like him and that he wasnt the one in the coffin. that left me confused,pist, and sad all over again. maybe he was there seeing himself in the coffin confused that it looked like him but he felt so alive and convinced it wasnt him. i dont know???

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
first ,thank you all so much for the kind responses , and i have always battled with the thought of is their a life after this one , but i honestly feel their is , i think that the sprit continues on , i dont know where it goes after death and that is what freaks me out , i just hope its somewhere safe , but once more thank you all for the positive feed back

Love Nephi

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
1st off sorry for your loss. iv been having alot of dreams like yours in a way. my cousin which was like a brother to me past away on 4/20/10. i tought him how to play guitar and he was going places with it (depravity falls). i was pist and sad so many emotions iv never felt before. i kept having dreams about us playing guitar and it was bliss. like you i wished him back and thought about him daily and still do. here lately iv been having dreams where he says hes not dead kinda like the dreams your having but in my dreams hes trying to convince me that it was a kid that looked like him and that he wasnt the one in the coffin. that left me confused,pist, and sad all over again. maybe he was there seeing himself in the coffin confused that it looked like him but he felt so alive and convinced it wasnt him. i dont know???

yes! this is what i am talking about ,he showed you that he was alive on your planet in your reality , now my question is how did it feel ? did you feel happy about it ,or did you feel like he was not supose to be their ?

many thanks

Nephi

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I was once in a relationship with a girl who had lost her fiancee 6 months prior to a motorcycle accident. When it ended between us I was devasted, but came to realize I was a rebound. I never met her fiancee but I had a dream about a week after she left me and he came to me in a large house and thanked me for helping her find love again. I am still very sad that it was not meant to be; but the dream was so vivid...
basically in it, she was the house, It was her heart that i was moving into and he was already there. I never saw her in the dream but could feel her emotions when i tried to move stuff around..she became upset. the wall collapsed and i woke up and cried. Also, my boss's mother passed recently, and his wife dreampt of her in the peak of health and dressed well, with no absence of food or anything a person would want. she said she was home in the dream apparently.

I beleive that that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, and the human mind is capable of taking us places and teaching us things about this reality that people tend to take for granted. your story was touching and I wanted to add my thoughts here so thanks and good post.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Reply to post by Nephi1337

yeah i felt real happy to see him it was surreal. i felt like he still exists and thats what i needed to know and feel

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

Interesting story. I lost a family member just about 4 years ago. I've had some strange dreams with this person in them. I believe this is our subconcious feelings and thoughts.

I would like to tell you I believe it was my family member or your friend and mother contacting you. I don't believe that, I think it is about what these people meant to us and what impact they had on our lives.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod

... and I'm sorry for your loss. Both yours and the OP.
I just wanted to say, I would be honored to die on 4/20.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

I really feel for you. I was 26 when my mother died suddenly of a brain haemmorage at the age of 51, im 42 now. I dont tend to believe in things unless i see or experience them, but about 5 years ago, i woke up one morning, well i say i woke up, it was like i wasnt asleep or awake, just sort of coming round, but i felt hands tucking the duvet around me, and i felt the presense of my mother, i knew it was here, there was no voice, i didnt see her, but im sure i experienced her there, that morning. Now, it could have been a dream, my imagination or just wishful thinking, but my intuition tells me she was there. Nothing has happened since, but il never forget it.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HollowJacket

that is very touching ,well your a good man in my book , also i would like to thank everyone who posted thier thoughts and feelings ,sorry it took me so long to get back to you

many thanks

Nephi

top topics

join