It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gunman at texas a&m 10/28 had a toy gun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
full story here www.huffingtonpost.com...

Reports of a gunman on the Texas A&M campus prompted a "Code Maroon" alert Thursday afternoon.

About 4 o'clock, a bus driver reported a man with a rifle on campus.
After an hour-and-a-half lockdown and search of Rudder Tower, the "shelter in place" order was lifted.
Funny that they never found the wepon just reported it was a replica rifle. what would you be doing with that anyways up there stirrrrring the pot beats me

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well the way I look at things is it's just better to be safe than sorry. Alot of school shooting have taken place, and innocent lives taken. I for one cannot grasp what motives are behind them.

Plain stupidity on the guys part if he really did bring a toy gun to the campus. And pure smarts on the bus drivers part for alerting the police even if it was just a toy.

edit on 28-10-2010 by Oozii because: !

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
He either wanted to scare somebody, or perhaps he was going to make a political demonstration of some kind. It bad enough to be on campus with a rifle, but a replica or toy is worse. Could be he collected them, and may he was going to go suicide by cop? One never knows.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divine Strake
He either wanted to scare somebody, or perhaps he was going to make a political demonstration of some kind. It bad enough to be on campus with a rifle, but a replica or toy is worse. Could be he collected them, and may he was going to go suicide by cop? One never knows.

Or he was going to a paintball gun tournament.

Lets not jump to conclusions.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

True. . .I remember years ago that some kid was shot by a cop when he saw the red flash he though was muzzle fire. Some kids were playing laser tag, someone reported suspicious activity, and the cop responded. The kid jumped out with his laser gun thinking it was it friend, and the cop shot him. I can not begin to imagine the guilt that cop felt. Although he was doing what he was trained to do, he essentially shot an innocent kid.

It's difficult at this early stage to figure out what this guy was doing on campus.

new topics

top topics

join