It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

** US Panel Proves Firms (Halliburton ) Knew of Cement Flaws Before Spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

WASHINGTON — Halliburton officials knew weeks before the fatal explosion of the BP well in the Gulf of Mexico that the cement mixture they planned to use to seal the bottom of the well was unstable but still went ahead with the job, the presidential commission investigating the accident said on Thursday.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af0d2a3bae0f.jpg[/atsimg]
In the first official finding of responsibility for the blowout, which killed 11 workers and led to the biggest offshore oil spill in American history, the commission staff determined that Halliburton had conducted three laboratory tests that indicated that the cement mixture did not meet industry standards.

The result of at least one of those tests was given on March 8 to BP, which failed to act upon it, the panel’s lead investigator, Fred H. Bartlit Jr., said in a letter delivered to the commissioners on Thursday. “There is no indication that Halliburton highlighted to BP the significance of the foam stability data or that BP personnel raised any questions about it,” Mr. Bartlit said in his report.

Another Halliburton cement test, carried out about a week before the blowout of the well on April 20, also found the mixture to be unstable, meaning it was unlikely to set properly in the well, but those findings were never sent to BP, Mr. Bartlit found after reviewing previously undisclosed documents.

Source: www.nytimes.com...

The report goes on from there to tell the rest of the story. Just freaking amazing. The companies should be seized and sold. Arrest NEED to be made. Examples for any other numb nuts thinking about acting like these morons did.
Shame on them all.

Now, what the hell else is out there waiting to fail that they KNOW ABOUT and still are talking? That is what should scare us. I bet they are saving that info for a plea deal angle.

I hope the investigators are continuing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5eae66a2753f.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 10/28/2010 by anon72 because: Photos

edit on 10/28/2010 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/28/2010 by anon72 because: Title correction

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Wow, not a single reply. Heck, after all of the issues with Deepwater Horizon you would think news like this would stir some debate.

Actual eveidence showing they knew. Hmmmm.

And now, they admit it: Just in:

Halliburton Admits Skipping Key Cement Test

Source: www.foxnews.com...
edit on 10/29/2010 by anon72 because: to included update story

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I knew Halliburton was to be blamed for this as soon as i saw their name involved in this mess. Those guys are the definition of corrupt business. If anyone wants to go back and research what halliburton was doing right before the oil spill check out my thread, i was posting news stories with anything regarding halliburton and them buying "Boots & Coots" a few weeks before the oil spill. Remember, Halliburton profits off wars and people dying, so this is right up there alley. Why not cause a huge oil spill so that they would have to help clean it up? F THAT

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

On my way to your thread. thanks for the heads up about it.

I assume it is the one in you signature.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Seems this is pattern of the way Washington lies, and all of its cohorts.

Deny deny deny....and then after the people are exausted from the fight,
they turn around and admit what we suspected all along.

Its like a game to them....
They play dirty everytime, and keep winning.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Well, I don't know if they are going to win this one. If the Repubs/Tea Party take over come November, I think that whole mess will be looked into more deeply.

No doubt in my mind you are correct though. They do this crap everytime-both sides.

I hope that is about to change-or start to change. Don't want to get my hopes up too high.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
wow no one really cares? Really? How sad.. i guess people are focused on the tea party and obama bashing.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Who's saying no one cares?

We do. well, I do. hence the thread.

We have to keep up on this stuff. We have to attempt to hold those responsible-accountable.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Here's more to peruse in regards to the Halliburton story..

Spill report may not affect Halliburton liability

Halliburton Co.'s role in the Deepwater Horizon rig disaster is facing fresh scrutiny after federal investigators this week raised new questions about a well-cementing job the company performed at BP's ill-fated Macondo well.
While the findings may have spooked investors, they are unlikely to expose the oil field services giant to additional liability in the accident, analysts and legal experts said Friday.
Not only does Halliburton's contract with BP on the project offer it broad protections, the National Oil Spill Commission's findings leave room for doubt as to whether the company did anything wrong, they said.

and here:

Analysts: Halliburton contract offers protection

The analysts said Friday Halliburton's contract has indemnity clauses from liability for spill damages. It doesn't offer protection if gross negligence is determined.

Halliburton acknowledges it skipped a critical test on the final formula of a cement mixture used to seal BP's well before it ruptured.

So... Halliburton admits to skipping a critical test on the formula... yet still went ahead using it in the BP well? So what are the lawyers trying to prove? I guess it all depends on what the word gross means when combined with negligence?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Halliburton needs to be put out of business.

Those in control of the company need to be jailed.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
We are no longer a nation of laws. It does not surprise me one bit to keep seeing ever more brazen corruption and stealing going on. Nothing will come of this. Nothing ever does.

In Pennsylvania right now the big corporations are using hydraulic fracturing to get to the natural gas deep in the ground. Everyone's water is getting polluted. I just heard the Susquehanna River is boiling from gas rupturing thru the earth and broke loose into the river. People are able to light their tap water on fire, their wells are now destroyed.

The Gas Companies are saying private citizens can't get their water tested at Certified Labs and have to use their labs and pay them $600-800 for one test. I suspect Halliburton is involved in that as well. We're not only letting them rob us but we're letting them kill us and make our country uninhabitable.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The oil and gas industry continues to prove they are completely evil.

Is anyone surprised that Halliburton is at the center.

How anyone can support the Republican party, considering that they have been owned by the oil industry for decades now is beyond me. The Tea Party? Seriously, they are just a bunch of corporate shills and suckers pretending to have a clue.

What goes around comes around, and the oil industry has it coming.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The Tea Party? Seriously, they are just a bunch of corporate shills and suckers pretending to have a clue.

This statement shows you don't have a clue about the Tea Party. Or maybe you do and you just wanted to start a little bit of trolling.

Nice blanket you tried to toss there. FAIIL.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

The Tea Party is just a bunch of republicans trying to pretend they are different, so that they aren't associated with GW, Gingrich, and their failed policies. They are for the same foolish ideas, tax cuts for the super rich, big military budget, police state, no policing of corporate corruption. The same repeated formula for failure.

Who do they think they are fooling. Probably 99% of them voted for GW at least once.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Is there anything Halliburton touches that doesn't go bad?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
And Haliburton has a history of doing faulty cement jobs which cause leaks. But the clause in the contract might explain why they do it with such temerity.

But I wonder, who does the clause refer to - is it that BP specifically has no come back on HB? I'd be interested to know more. Surely, a company can't be allowed to go round the world doing crass cement jobs which cause leaks and keep using a clause in the contract to skirt any responsibility for the devastation it causes,

And, the selling off of the shares? Now it is known they knew about the fault in the cement, surely that's insider traiding, or even fraud? As must surely be the purchase of Coots?

The whole thing stinks, and takes us deep into the rabbit hole.

edit on 1-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

It is a shame this thread hasn't gotten more attention, just like the rest of the media, ATS has become a place where the important news gets buried.

What ever non-liability clauses Halliburton might have with BP, it isn't with the people of the Gulf, or the people of the U.S., or the U.S. government, and Halliburton's role in this should be investigated, and criminal charges of neglect should be filed considering the evidence presented in the articles I have read.

What this proves more than anything, is that we don't have the technology for deep water drilling, or at least it is not economically feasible.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

It is a shame this thread hasn't gotten more attention, just like the rest of the media, ATS has become a place where the important news gets buried.

What ever non-liability clauses Halliburton might have with BP, it isn't with the people of the Gulf, or the people of the U.S., or the U.S. government, and Halliburton's role in this should be investigated, and criminal charges of neglect should be filed considering the evidence presented in the articles I have read.

What this proves more than anything, is that we don't have the technology for deep water drilling, or at least it is not economically feasible.

I so agree with you about Haliburton. I also believe the EPA and the Government should be investigated for dereliction of duty...and because of the Corexit nightmare, possibly for murder, conspiracy to murder and aiding and abetting.

Sigh. If only.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I did a little research, and it seems that Halliburton was a decent corporation until it got taken over by a certain gang of crooks.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

In 1998 Halliburton merged with Dresser Industries, which included Kellogg

As in KBR, Halliburton swallowed a very bad pill.

top topics

join