It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the ISS filming.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I did a search and didn't see anything posted about this.I was looking around and found this very interesting. I am just the messenger and would love to hear your thoughts on this.

If this is already being discussed feel free to remove.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

When we are in space we are ever under constant surveillance....

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Intresting, good find.
Reminds me of what a head on view of the Enterprise would look like, if it were all aglow. (saucer with a little bump were the bridge is) no clue what it is though..

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Ok I have not one idea about what is on the video. It could have a simple explanation of what we are seeing and that's why I posted it here to get some feedback from the ATS universe. I think we can rule out the ISS since that is where it is being filmed from. Again this could be a planet in transition, but I do not know any help would be appreciated. Also this was filmed on Oct.25, but no year was mentioned and was watched by NASA for 30 minutes and started being filmed at 12h 53m 34s. Any ideas on what this is?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Yes they watch us 24/7. I know this may have a simple explanation for it, but to film this thing for 30 minutes makes it even more interesting.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It looks like a satellite to me im affraid matey, glowing from the reflection of the sun.
2nd
edit on 28-10-2010 by chaztekno because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

As strictly a guess, I would venture to say, Saturn possibly? Again, stricly a guess. I can't stress that enough. If it turned out to be correct, it would then become a "lucky" guess.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Great find, starred and flagged.

There's a website out there (which I found through ATS) which has every single manned space mission and the unidentified objects which are always (and I mean always) there. They even had GIF's so you could see exactly how these "things" acted.

One looked like a little metal ball fly right up next to the shuttle, stay there for a few minutes and then "float off". Really cool website, I'm kicking myself in the head for not being able to find that site again!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Are you referring to Project P.R.O.V.E.? If not, you should check it out.It's a really cool site.

Here's the link.
keyholepublishing.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by chaztekno

That could be , but still why would they film it for so long, because I would think NASA would be able to identify it fairly quickly. Who knows NASA may just be getting lazy nowadays.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Untergang

Thanks for the link. I am going to check it out in detail later and yes from what I saw it is going to be interesting.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

My guess would be that its the planet Jupiter. The reason it looks disk shaped is due to an overexposure of light similar to what the SOHO does. Notice that the object is circular until the camera zooms in on it.

It's hard to tell not knowing which way the ISS is facing while filming this object. It appears that they are facing away from the Earth and Sun so this narrows down the field of possible view a little. Jupiter is a very bright object in the night sky and is therefore a possibility. Jupiter is an object of interest, I look at it every night.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's the Progress supply module after undocking.

Progress M-05M/37P undocked successfully from the DC1 (Docking Compartment) nadir port on time at 10:22am EDT.

www.spaceref.com...

It looks something like this:

edit on 10/28/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If that is what we see then why would NASA even feel the need to film it, since they would have known what it is. Now not only did they film it they filmed it for a good length of time. Also which way was it going after it left the ISS. I have a hard time believing that they knew what it was and kept filming it for a lengthy time.Not saying that its not the supply module, and as I mentioned earlier why film something that you know for any length of time. I will keep that in consideration but it isn't real high on the list.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Phage

If that is what we see then why would NASA even feel the need to film it, since they would have known what it is. Now not only did they film it they filmed it for a good length of time. Also which way was it going after it left the ISS. I have a hard time believing that they knew what it was and kept filming it for a lengthy time.Not saying that its not the supply module, and as I mentioned earlier why film something that you know for any length of time. I will keep that in consideration but it isn't real high on the list.

Surf, if you 'have a hard time' accepting rational explanations for stuff you'd rather not know the explanation for, feel free -- but for reality-based space buffs, NASA and Moscow Control have always kept cameras on approaching and departing spacecraft to watch for any deviations from trajectory, or anomalous thruster behavior -- it has happened. It can be very dangerous if not quickly responded to.

The associated puzzle is that the NASA TV broadcast of this scene had commentary about what was being watched and why. Was it deliberately removed by the OP? Was somebody up to a pre-Halloween prank at our expense?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
looks like they were filming a volcano eruption here on earth. i bet the lava would glow like that at night.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The lack of other stars in the view would rule out Saturn. It looks to be rotating in the pan outs which gets obscured in the closeups. It appears to be shaped like a traditional saucer UFO.

When will NASA acknowledge the existence of other worldly intelligently guided space craft.

It's not really a secret anymore, especially with several highly respected former astronauts telling us they are in fact, real.

How many of you who don't believe think that all of the astronauts who have come out and stated that extraterrestrial space craft and "aliens" are a fact are crazy and seeing things?

Please people, these are some of the most highly trained, competent, and qualified pilots, observers, and scientists who are tasked with piloting "our own" spacecraft into space and returning safely.

Please forget about what the spiritual significance of the existence and acceptance of "alien" spacecraft would mean to your psyche, and let's get to the truth.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
There is already a topic on this. And it is Saturn!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Untergang

Your link attempts to run 3 diffirent scripts when you enter the site and tries to drop some data-mining software. Not good. Perhaps remove it?

Respects

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by joe7pack
How many of you who don't believe think that all of the astronauts who have come out and stated that extraterrestrial space craft and "aliens" are a fact are crazy and seeing things?

Please people, these are some of the most highly trained, competent, and qualified pilots, observers, and scientists who are tasked with piloting "our own" spacecraft into space and returning safely.

The problem's always been that the vast majority of these stories you seem to believe are made up by pro-UFO writers and self-styled researchers, with phony 'quotes', misrepresented videos, and wild guesses.

The worse problem is how eagerly and credulously a lot of young people, interested in space and astronomy, get suckered into those stories while never learning how to check out a balanced range of opinions.

Sigh.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join