It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A great quote that ATS would love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected."

This was a quote by G. K. Chesterton who was the principle author behind the Distributist Economic School and was a philosopher. I believe this has to be one of the greatest political quotes I have ever read. I hope you enjoyed it!

--> My thread on Distributism here
edit on 10/28/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
wow great quote. There is truly no more room for moderates; the middle is no man's land

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
"Death to All Juice"

Made me choke on my Kit-Kat!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

What makes it so funny is that it is real!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
That's really good!
Keep up the Good Work OP!
Couldn't say it better.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It would give a whole new take on the Final "Solution."

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Heck, you could make a thread about just about any GK Chesterton quote:

"A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it." - Everlasting Man, 1925

"Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions." - ILN, 4/19/30

"Impartiality is a pompous name for indifference, which is an elegant name for ignorance." - The Speaker, 12/15/00

"An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered; an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." - On Running After Ones Hat, All Things Considered, 1908

Chesterton Quotes

That's only a small sample, there are tons of them at the link.

Enjoy.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

"Among the rich you will never find a really generous man even by accident. They may give their money away, but they will never give themselves away; they are egotistic, secretive, dry as old bones. To be smart enough to get all that money you must be dull enough to want it." - A Miscellany of Men

This has got to be my favorite!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by FortAnthem

"Among the rich you will never find a really generous man even by accident. They may give their money away, but they will never give themselves away; they are egotistic, secretive, dry as old bones. To be smart enough to get all that money you must be dull enough to want it." - A Miscellany of Men

This has got to be my favorite!

Wealth is merely materialized insecurity.-Franz Kafka

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The simple logic in subtle threads like this seems to always go unnoticed. Maybe the world is polarized more than we realize making truth invisible?
edit on 28-12-2010 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join