It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TAMU Code Maroon, Shooter on campus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
[headlineGunman Reported on Texas A&M campus
Linky

UPDATE 4:40: A&M officials said they have not found the armed man but are still searching.

They advise students to remain sheltered in a safe place. Buses to pick up students attempting to leave campus are stopping on Lewis Street, behind the Duncan Dining Hall, officials said.

EARLIER: Texas A&M University officials said there are reports of a gunman at the College Station campus.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 10/28/2010 by iamsupermanv2 because: To add a real source!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Their website, www.tamu.edu... is down. Not loading. At least on my end.

I will keep updated as soon as I get info.

His update says the shooter is at Rudder Tower. Anyone with A&M ties able to confirm or deny?

I am going to try and get my feelers out to people I know in and around the area. I hope everything turns out ok.

www.facebook.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Alright, their website is back up and running www.tamu.edu...
edit on 10/28/2010 by iamsupermanv2 because: (no reason given)

Aggieman beat me to the punch, feel free to delete mods
edit on 10/28/2010 by iamsupermanv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
What! This has happened before - those old enough to remember the tower shootings. I hope students and faculty stay in and away from the tower and windows. If the armed person gets in the tower this makes it difficult for squat and police. This is like a daja vu for me.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Yes have a couple of friends down there. They say gunman with an AK on campus, maybe even two.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

I haven't seen Aggieman's post in the forum headlines or the recent posts. Can you provide a link? Or should we continue with this thread?

I am not in the area, but I am concerned that this is becoming more frequent on Texas campuses, and there are a number of conspiracies that could be at play!!

Gun control?
Education reform?
Economic hardtimes?
Immigration?

There are so many possible implications of the recent Gunman incidences that I don't even want to speculate.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This has already been posted. The guy was caught and it turned out that he was a member of the rotc or something similar and was just walking with his rifle. It was a misunderstanding.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

haha typical aggies

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible
This has already been posted. The guy was caught and it turned out that he was a member of the rotc or something similar and was just walking with his rifle. It was a misunderstanding.

THANK YOU!!

Man the country is on edge. People react and overreact to the smallest things these days! Is anyone here familiar with bar brawls? They are common in the small-town midwest, and they happen just about every night, and they usually start simultaneously in about 3 or 4 areas and in a microsecond the whole bar is in a fight. There is an "energy" or tension in the air, and one little spark sets off the whole crowd. It isn't even necessary to witness the spark or know that it happened, it is almost magical the way the crowd explodes all at once.

I pray our country is not getting close to last call and looking for a fight!

new topics

top topics

join