It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the final say on Fluoride in our tap water?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hey guys,

So recently I bought a PUR brand water filter, the kind that attaches to the kitchen spout..I was happy, thinking that it was going to filter out all the nasty toxins, including fluoride....After looking over the box, I found something written in small print:

* Leaves beneficial fluoride in the water *

After I stopped gagging, I began to think....Is fluoride really that dangerous to consume?

Yes I understand its a neuro-toxin, it calcifies the pineal gland, and is said to pacify and make people more docile....but is it really that bad??

Just for the hell of it I had a nice tall glass of water the other day...and I must say Im still alive and kickin!

So whats the verdict people? Why the heck is it in our water in the first place? To combat tooth decay? Im sure the fluoride in toothpaste is more than enough to help prevent that considering we brush atleast once a day...

Would love to hear your opinions on this...

----GeminiSky

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Forget the Fluoride, which can cause you to become sterile, municipal water supplies have been tested for drug residues, and all kinds of drugs have been found: birth control, marijuana, coc aine, anti-depressants... you name it. We are peeing out these drugs in the toilet and that water goes into our sewage system, is treated, and comes back as drinking water. Only the drug residues are NOT being removed.

A News Channel reported:
"A vast array of pharmaceuticals — including antibiotics, anti-convulsants, mood stabilizers and sex hormones — have been found in the drinking water supplies of at least 41 million Americans, an Associated Press investigation shows."

Does your water filter get rid of that? If it does, send me a link to the product so that I can stock up.
edit on 28-10-2010 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

My thoughts on the subject are expressed at length in the following thread: www.abovetopsecret.com....

Needless to say, I don't like the stuff.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Bottled water has fluoride added back to it, I've heard.

I'd rather not have it, personally. We have a RO purifier at work, and another at the house, because I don't like the taste of panhandle tap water. YMMV.

You can also get fluoride free toothpaste, but you have to pay for it out the rump.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I imagine that until the people revolt against Fluoride added to tap water supplies, there will be no final say.

However there is enough damning evidence for thinking people to make up their own minds, and purchase a water filter that will remove Fluoride, or find a water suppy without it.

Flouride is a toxic waste.

Thus, it is illegal to take this fluorosilicic acid and bury it in the ground or dump it in rivers or streams in this country, but it is perfectly legal to sell it to cities that drip it into the water supply with the intended purpose of it being ingested by human beings. And those human beings, of course, eventually pass the fluoride through their bodies and directly into the rivers and streams. Thus, it brings us to this bizarre reality of fluoridation: this environmentally hazardous, toxic substance is illegal to dump into rivers and streams, unless it passes through the bodies of human beings first,

www.naturalnews.com...

The Department of Health in New Jersey found that bone cancer in male children was between two and seven times greater in areas where water was fluoridated. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) researchers confirmed the bone cancer-causing effects of fluoride at low levels in an animal model. A new study has shown that fluoridation of water is linked to uterine cancer deaths.
www.holisticmed.com...

Using the excuse that Flouride hardens the teeth, and prevents tooth decay is tantamount to ascribing teeth whiteners be added to the water so we can have whiter teeth.

Fluoride is a topical treatment. When natural mineral fluoride is placed onto the surface of your tooth enamel, it helps remineralize that enamel, thus improving your resistance to cavities. But to swallow fluoride in order to treat your teeth is a lot like swallowing hair coloring chemicals to change the color of your hair. If you're going to treat the area with the topical treatment, you're not supposed to swallow it. You're supposed to put it in contact with the surface needing treatment.
The whole argument about fluoridating public water supplies brings out, I think, the worst of organized medicine and organized dentistry. It shows the egotistical, power-hungry nature of the American Dental Association and those dentists who follow its dangerous philosophy of demanding that people swallow bioactive substances on command -- "for their own good," of course.
www.naturalnews.com...

The science behind Fluoride is the same type of science behind the Tobacco Industry. Yeah they sure know science alright, but its used to the detriment of mans health and well being.

Documentary explains further:

Google Video Link

We have to make up our own minds, but the question is, can you do it while your drinking the Fluoride?
edit on 28-10-2010 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Stop drinking tap water.
Stop wearing deodorant.
Soap and shampoo probably isn't a good idea either.
Pretty much anything with a corporate agenda behind it.
I know how depressing that is.

But what do I know?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
i use to work at a dental office.

we had about 10 doctors, all of whom were against it being in the water. they even had us all sign a petition against it.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Fluoride is a by product of aluminum waste. It is not beneficial in any way to your teeth and has actually been shown to cause cavities. The biggest reason against it in my opinion is the main ingredient in Paxil and Prozac is Fluoride.There is no proof that our bodies benefit from it but there is plenty showing how dangerous it is. It comes from one of the most nasty elements on the Periodic Table. I stay away from it with toothpaste and all but the water supply where I live has it so every time you cook,shower,etc your getting it in your system.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
stop drinking tap water

I live in a rural area
I drink water directly from
a below ground well that is pumped
fresh as you need it. The source
is an underground river. It's
all natural and no fluoride.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Fluoride? It's deadly. That's why so many of us die so young, and why the average human lifespan is constantly decreasing.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'm no expert, but my understanding is that its not so much the Fluoride that is the problem...

Its the fact that its Sodium-Fluoride...

And the pH levels in the water.

The water that comes out of the taps is actually acidic - and it should be alkaline.

And because its so aciditic that is what drys out organs and calcifies part of the brain etc...
considering that our bodies are what? 80-90% water?

Filters are good - but what you want in a water Alkaliser.

It turns the water from acidic to alkaline.

But yah.

ETA:
Also, I'm pretty sure the Sodium-Fluoride they put in the water is a by-product of Nuclear-Power generation...

And the indiginous peoples of the world got fluoride from sea-shells and snail shells etc.
edit on 28/10/10 by ghostsoldier because: ^see above^

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Your body NEEDS Sodium. Too much can be a problem but it is the fact that Fluoride is a corrosive and deadly agent that does not belong in our bodies.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Once the fluoride teams up with a sodium ion it's no longer acidic or alkaline. It's a salt.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for all your input....

What really gets me is the fact that fluoride concentrates when you boil water. I was boiling some okra today and imagined the veggies absorbing all that nasty CRAP, of course i still ate it, what freaking choice do we have to prepare our foods? Make coffee and teas? Take hot showers where all this crap not to mention chlorine is absorbed thru our skin directly into the bloodstream, while the hot steam from the shower is inhaled into our lungs and again directly into our blood.

Not everyone has well water readily available so I ask you dear ATS members, what other choice do we have? Expensive RO filter systems? We arent gonna filter our shower water right?

Anyone??

--GeminiSky

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

IMO water for consumption is priority, Fluoride free.

There are water filters that remove Fluoride.
chemistry.about.com...

Not all bottled water is equal. Thats another alternative. Spring water that is purified double,
disinfection system: ozonation and 0.1 micron filtration.

Check local sources for water, springs around your area.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

water and springs in a urban city setting? u gotta be kidding me...also arent fluoride filters expensive?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Perhaps not in an urban city setting. I am sorry for that, I live rural....there are many places near that sell spring water here. Probably not an option in a city.

That link in my post listed several types of water filtation systems that remove Fluoride. I am not sure of current prices...

I drink tap water when I have to.

Its a dilemma for sure.
I have made sacrifices and do not buy any beverage, soda, etc...if I buy anything to drink it's water.

edit on 28-10-2010 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I hear ya...I would love to have some nice well water....I visited my grandparents this summer, in the Republic of Georgia. They have dug out a 25 meter deep well in their garden, this well automatically refills itself in about a day....The water that comes out is ICE cold, even when temps outside are approaching 100 degrees F.

And the taste? better than any bottled or filtered water I have ever tasted!! MMM Yummy!!!

--GeminiSky

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Thats awesome!

H2o the best satisfaction for thirst, so necessary. So refreshing when its pure, and cold.
I seriously wish that somehow it would become illeagal to add Fluoride to the water supply.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Thats awesome!

H2o the best satisfaction for thirst, so necessary. So refreshing when its pure, and cold.
I seriously wish that somehow it would become illeagal to add Fluoride to the water supply.

Yeh when pigs fly, or the masses revolt, and at this point im not sure whats gonna come first....

The ironic part is, we may never revolt against the addition of fluoride, because the fluoride itself will pacify us!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join