It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music That I have Created and Produced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Jocko Flocko On Soundcloud

Just thought I would share the music I have been working on over the years. The genres I create vary from Minimal Tech to Industrial. All of the music is original and falls under the Creative Commons License, so feel free to do with it as you wish. Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers
Jocko

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

Definitely "Bunker Shot" is my fave. That was the first I listened to, so everything else had a hard time measuring up to it.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

What software and hardware do you use?

Ive been using Ableton Live just now.

Have a listen if you want, I make music thats a bit different from yourself, mostly trance, dance and techno.

soundcloud.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Way back like 10 years ago I had nothing to do but make songs.

Some of them survived the great 'property seizure' of 2002. These are the survivors.

soundcloud.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys. XXXN3O I particularly like "The Red Pill", it's got an awesome hard beat to it, "Strawman Shuffler" sounds great as well, nice sets.

I use Ableton Live Suite 8.1.4 for my main DAW. Plugins I use the most would be Reaktor 5, Spectrasonics Omnisphere and Trilogy, NI FM8, NI Pro 53, NI Massive and NI Absynth 5. Ableton Live has a lot of great built in plugs which I mostly use for compressors, delays, reverb, mastering etc...

For hardware I use a PreSonus Audiobox USB as my main audio interface. For my keyboards I use my old Korg X3 and a CMI UF60. For an Ableton Live controller I use the Akai APC40. All of them play well together and I have nothing bad to say about any of them.

Jocko

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Nice sets as well sykickvision...
Sucks to hear about your property seizure, that sucks.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Yeah, well...live & learn.

I did those beats I had with some I got from some canned music maker program, plus fruityloops, and a usb dual turntable that I found on clearance somewhere.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Quite a varied mix of tunes there.

Like red pill, nice and tough - def go down well at some nights ive been to as im a techno lover

I use reason 4 and am only really getting to grips with it & achieve better things when collaberating with a mate who knows it inside out. Hoping to upgrade to reason 5 & record for audio capture/hardware use. I have got logic pro8 but find it a mission and yet to work out how to rewire reason.

soundcloud.com... - Sporophore is the guy i collab with.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

Cool tune Cropmuncher, I'm digging the 303 line.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

I had a listen to the tunes you posted.

Good use of the synth I think, I always struggle with that part.

Im in a bit of the same boat as yourself, I have a friend thats gigging at the moment in Scotland thats getting me into it more, if you like the prodigy this is a guy you will like...

soundcloud.com...

Ive also just made a newer song that some might want to check out, im always looking for feedback, its so hard to get these days despite such a large amount of ears on the net

soundcloud.com...

(Keeping the thread alive as well, this is a good topic I think)
edit on 31-10-2010 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Sounds good XXXN30. Great bass-line and rhythm. I always find it hard creating bass-lines that change over time and vary... It's nuts the amount of hours I have spent staring at Ableton Live trying to get a good bass riff going that doesn't sound like poop.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
Sounds good XXXN30. Great bass-line and rhythm. I always find it hard creating bass-lines that change over time and vary... It's nuts the amount of hours I have spent staring at Ableton Live trying to get a good bass riff going that doesn't sound like poop.

I find it hard to do synths that match bass lines.

I spend hours on synths

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Do you use a MIDI keyboard? I found that when I learned to play a *little* -I'm still not at all a proper "keyboardist"- using a small keyboard my creativity started to increase big time with synths. For synths, Native Instruments Reaktor 5.5 is completely mind blowing in terms of the type of sounds you can get out of it. I highly recommend buying it especially now since it's quite cheap and has a massive user library to go at.
edit on 10-11-2010 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Im using Albeton Live 8 with the ReFX Nexus 2 plug in and some packs for it too.

I used to have more equipment but its far too aged now to use.

Its worth trying out.

refx.com...

edit on 12-11-2010 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Yeah I've tried Nexus2 a few times and it sounds like an outstanding Soft Synth from what I played with, especially for producing trance and ambient genres. The only thing that I didn't like about the application was the fact that it was difficult to manipulate the sound patches effectively, especially the filter, oscillators and envelopes of the synth patches.

A program that really shines in this aspect is Spectrasonics Omnisphere and Spectrasonics Trilian. Both synths use sample based sounds but still let you tailor the sounds right down to being able to design your own filter envelopes and other important synth aspects.

Omnisphere Review and Introduction

Trilian Review and Introduction

Check them out, they are quite awesome and cater to a huge amount of genres.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I added a new "Alternative" type track that I just completed this afternoon. I would LOVE to get some feedback from anyone, it would be highly appreciated.

Jocko Flocko - Evolver

Cheers!

top topics

join